NBC Sports Edge Forums

Marquese Chriss 2019-2020 Outlook

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

damn.. I accidentally closed the tab and it erased my write up. Well here we go again. If I took a 22 year old player (born in the same year as Terence Davis), and told you that he's on a te

STRAIGHT NASTY. I've missed out or dropped too early on so many guys this season, I'm just glad I managed to nab him the moment he started after the WCS trade.

Former lottery pick who has flashed great upside his first couple of years in the league, now potentially playing (maybe starting) for a team that has turned Javale McGee's career around and trying to earn his way back into the league?

You can do a whole lot worse with a last round flier. 

Currently Marquese Chriss does not have a guaranteed roster spot on the Warriors but not only do I expect him to earn a spot, I also expect him to start to begin the season as Willie Cauley-Stein and Kevon Looney are not healthy as of right now. Chriss has clearly exceeded expectations so far in the preseason and I know it's the preseason but I've been watching this team closely for several years and I can tell you that his skillset is going to fit in very well with this team: the athleticism, his ability to rebound, catch lobs, play the pick-and-roll, shoot a little bit, and the most surprising part is his passing ability in the pick and roll and in dribble handoffs (12 assists in about 65 minutes of preseason so far). Kerr loves bigs that can pass and I see an uptick in Chriss' assists. He's definitely going to have a role on this team, the question is who gets cut in favour of him. My guess is McKinnie because he has a non-guaranteed deal and he has not been playing well this preseason.

I know people want a joke that it's Marquese Chriss but he's going to play minutes at least to begin the year and we already know that when he plays he puts up numbers, just like Terrence Jones. The difference is that Terrence Jones didn't get consistent minutes (recent years) whereas GSW has no good centers other than Looney who is injured and the team prefers not to start, so Chriss has a role already, that can change once WCS returns but until then he should play consistent minutes. And it's not like WCS is some stud so if Chriss kept the starting spot I wouldn't be shocked. What I am confident in is that he puts up good numbers at least until WCS is back. So I would definitely draft him late or pick him up off the wire and then reassess later.

• Like 4
  • tonycpsu changed the title to Marquese Chriss 2019-2020 Outlook