NBC Sports Edge Forums

Taurean Prince 2019-2020 Outlook

20 minutes ago, Dominator83 said:

You could be right. It wouldnt surprise me at all if trading Isaac for Prince turns out to be trash for trash. JI is way overrated around here, atleast for points leagues. I still have him in my other league and zero plans to start him next week even with 4 games. 

Another guy I saw getting way overrated here is Covington. People were drafting him 5th round. Dude put up 26 fantasy points in an overtime game. Again, anything under 30 a night is WW material in a 10 team league. I drafted him at #114 in one league, got him for $3 in auction in another. That appears to be far more his appropriate value

Lots of people on here play category leagues. In category leagues guys like Isaac and Covington are highly valuable for their unique contributions to the tougher to get categories. 

Calling them trash is misinformed, they are just not as valuable in your format

• Like 2
  • Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You must be having some major regrets now LOL

If you're looking for a similar player stat wise who isn't as much of a headache with the FG%, Dorian Finney Smith makes a lot of sense. He has SF / PF elig and has really upticked his 3 point volume

it’s my style 

48 minutes ago, chaiway said:

Lots of people on here play category leagues. In category leagues guys like Isaac and Covington are highly valuable for their unique contributions to the tougher to get categories. 

Calling them trash is misinformed, they are just not as valuable in your format

It takes a while here to realize the roto guys have a whole different game they are playing. So points guys have to filter out a lot of ranking stuff that gets discussed here. I get a lot of good info here, like picking up PJ Washington. But when trade evaluations and rankings are done, most of it is quite different between the category leagues and points leagues.

10 minutes ago, Dominator83 said:

Ok I took a big L with him. This guy blows. But, I knew that after Fridays game and instead of not wanting to admit a mistake, I cut my losses and dropped him for Graham. 

What were u expecting from late round/waiver wire pickup. He's been giving 2+ 3s, 13 points, 7+ boards, 1.2 stocks, which is what to expect from him.

• Thanks 1
31 minutes ago, DezedandConfused said:

What were u expecting from late round/waiver wire pickup. He's been giving 2+ 3s, 13 points, 7+ boards, 1.2 stocks, which is what to expect from him.

30 fantasy points a night. Which is average in my league. And when you play 30+ minutes you should get 30 fpts just from all the activity. You hit a 3 PT shot, that's 4 fantasy points right there. You get a put back, that's 4 points, etc. 37 fantasy points over the past 2 games combined , both in which he's played 30+ minutes, is abysmal. 

10 minutes ago, Dominator83 said:

30 fantasy points a night. Which is average in my league. And when you play 30+ minutes you should get 30 fpts just from all the activity. You hit a 3 PT shot, that's 4 fantasy points right there. You get a put back, that's 4 points, etc. 37 fantasy points over the past 2 games combined , both in which he's played 30+ minutes, is abysmal. 

I'd say he's more of a cats league player because besides boards his other peripherals are pretty low especially with the high usage of the nets' guards. Silver lining is the Nets arent winning games they should win like last night's tough loss to Mem. They need to move the ball more and kyrie needs to get the team more involved and not play hero ball, but we'll see.

Edited by DezedandConfused
  • tonycpsu changed the title to Taurean Prince 2019-2020 Outlook