Huge Dynasty League is looking for YOU

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm interested. Flagstaff Falcons if available.   fkatre2750@gmail.com      

Definitely interested.  I’d like Dubois Green Sox if available.  I can be reached at greiner.j@hotmail.com.

43 minutes ago, Fbaseballgod said:

Do you have a mechanism in place for owners ditching bad teams and then struggling to find new people who would pay money for a team with limited chance of success? 

Clearly no! I don’t like to incorporate artificial measures into the league. Whatever you‘ll try to do (and I think there are incentives in this league), there’ll always be drop-outs. That’s life and an inescapable part of fantasy sports. Personally, I like the challenge to take on bad teams and build them into my team with success. And I paid for such teams. For me, it’s fun. And that‘s part of playing dynasty. I know, that will not be everybody’s attitude. But it’s mine. 

3 hours ago, MoundInspector said:

Clearly no! I don’t like to incorporate artificial measures into the league. Whatever you‘ll try to do (and I think there are incentives in this league), there’ll always be drop-outs. That’s life and an inescapable part of fantasy sports. Personally, I like the challenge to take on bad teams and build them into my team with success. And I paid for such teams. For me, it’s fun. And that‘s part of playing dynasty. I know, that will not be everybody’s attitude. But it’s mine. 

That’s fine, but very few money dynasty leagues tend to be successful more than a few years unless there is a way to prevent this (or you know the owners personally). A key part of these dynasty leagues is the cycle of rebuilding and competing, and if there’s no incentive to stick with a team that has no chance of getting $$ during rebuilding years.... you’ll see teams drop out, often after selling all their prospects to “win-now”, etc. And then you’ll find it incredibly hard to find owners to basically take over these teams and give free money. (For evidence, check out these forums, lol)

Edited by Fbaseballgod
  • Haha 1
5 hours ago, Fbaseballgod said:

That’s fine, but very few money dynasty leagues tend to be successful more than a few years unless there is a way to prevent this (or you know the owners personally). A key part of these dynasty leagues is the cycle of rebuilding and competing, and if there’s no incentive to stick with a team that has no chance of getting $$ during rebuilding years.... you’ll see teams drop out, often after selling all their prospects to “win-now”, etc. And then you’ll find it incredibly hard to find owners to basically take over these teams and give free money. (For evidence, check out these forums, lol)

I know. Running leagues in different sports and setups, so I seen some things. And it can get hard, of course. I like the owners in my leagues to have a say and voice their opinion. So future changes may happen as they become necessary. Just like in real life.