NBC Sports Edge Forums

Ryan Tannehill 2019 Outlook

On 12/4/2019 at 5:28 PM, SenatorSpaceman said:

How concerned are Tannehill owners about his number of pass attempts lately? He has thrown the ball only 19, 18, and 22 times in his last three games respectively. Obviously he's produced in spite of those numbers and turned in some gems, but I can't help but be concerned that his production might not be sustainable with that volume.  

I'd been planning to start him in the playoffs, but am considering switching over to Fitzpatrick. 

I think his attemps are mainly due to Tennessee trying to ride the hot hand in Henry. Add into the fact that their offensive line issues are still a big concern. I like his outlook next year more than I do this year.

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

welp ... i'll see myself out 🙋‍♂️

Tannehill owners certainly can't be inspired by the Saints defensive performance on MNF but Tanny isn't really a streamer anymore. Most of us who picked him up and made it this far now consider him "m

Rolling out Tannehill/Jonnu stack...may god be with us all.

On 10/15/2019 at 9:38 PM, The G Man said:

As a life long Phins fan, all I can say is they're probably going from the frying pan to the fire. Tanny will make a brilliant play, then turn right around and do something so inexplicably stupid you just won't believe it. He's the living embodiment of inconsistent and unpredictable. All Tennessee did when they got him was duplicate Mariota. 

Tanny may give them a brief spark, but it won't be long before he's exposed for what he is. Which is not a franchise QB. 

Your thoughts now?

• Haha 2
12 hours ago, cashvillesent said:

Your thoughts now?

Yeah, I keep waiting for him to turn into a pumpkin, but he just keeps balling out. I haven't watched the Titans games, but guessing he's getting good play from his O-line? If so, that is probably a big part of his success, because he was always playing behind a sive of a line in Miami and never had any time to throw. It also helps to have a back like D. Henry to establish the running game. Look, I always liked Tannehill as a player, so I'm definitely pulling for him. Hope he continues to do well in Tennessee. 

Edited by The G Man
25 minutes ago, Sivaro said:

Playoff QB's are at a premium with all the injuries this year.

He was the best move I made, and I like his Schedule ROS.

All aboard.

giphy.gif

As a Russell Wilson owner, Tanny is my qb1

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Who is coming back to Tannthrill for Week 15?  Thoughts on the matchup?

Been debating him as my streamer for the semis.  I don't always love picking up a guy that just had a big game as I always feel like regression is coming.  But no denying this guy has been hot.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, tts42572 said:

Been debating him as my streamer for the semis.  I don't always love picking up a guy that just had a big game as I always feel like regression is coming.  But no denying this guy has been hot.

fwiw in the league I got him I think he's still staying on the bench. Got him for defensive purposes. He's a top 10 play this week imo, just depends who you have. 

6 minutes ago, tts42572 said:

Starting him in dynasty over Kyler and Minshew.  This is a huge divisional game for the Titans with big playoff implications.  

6 minutes ago, tts42572 said:

In the same boat, scooped him up a week ago and he killed it last game- I have dak whose kinda injured?? Just a tough call streaming a QB in semis when I’ve been riding dak but it looks like tanny should have another solid outing

On 12/9/2019 at 7:56 PM, kretzschmar said:

As a Mahomes owner, Tanny will be my QB1 rest of the way 

As a Mahomes owner who started Mahomes last week while leaving Tannehill on the bench, who went on to lose his week 14 playoff matchup, who otherwise would not have lost his said week 14 playoff matchup had he started Tannehill instead of Mahomes — I, too, would be making Tannehill my QB1 the rest of the way....if there were actually a “rest of the way” for me to be had....but since I started Mahomes and not Tannehill, there is not....so now I won’t....because I can’t....literally....can...not

#F**k

#My

#Life

• Haha 2

Grabbed Tanny in case Winston for some reason misses this week or i am lucky enough to make it until next week and he cant go forward. Great match ups ahead and with Henry a bit hampered maybe they throw a couple extra passes? Anyways, strong play from him.

• Like 1
7 hours ago, tts42572 said:

Been debating him as my streamer for the semis.  

I own Tanny on two teams that are still alive and I basically have him locked in as my starter right now. I'd planned on streaming and playing matchups from week to week down the stretch, but there is nobody on the wire who I would trust nearly as much as I do Tannehill right now, especially considering how reasonable his matchups are.