NBC Sports Edge Forums

Ryan Tannehill 2019 Outlook

23 hours ago, phisouza33 said:

Who are you folks playing this guy over. I’m torn

Benching Matt Ryan for him. Very easy decision.

I think the only guys I’d start over him this week would be Lamar, Russ, Mahomes, Brees, Watson and possibly Dak or Winston. Incredible matchup, he’s been red hot and his team is still fighting for a playoff spot. Hard to justify benching all that.

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

welp ... i'll see myself out 🙋‍♂️

Tannehill owners certainly can't be inspired by the Saints defensive performance on MNF but Tanny isn't really a streamer anymore. Most of us who picked him up and made it this far now consider him "m

Rolling out Tannehill/Jonnu stack...may god be with us all.

If Will Fuller suits up. Fire your Tanny with no worry cause Texans gonna be throwing all day on that injury riddled secondary that Titans are fielding. Texans can't out muscle titans but they can attack them through the air and Tanny is gonna need to keep pace especially with Henry being hobbled. 

21 minutes ago, dynst1988 said:

If Will Fuller suits up. Fire your Tanny with no worry cause Texans gonna be throwing all day on that injury riddled secondary that Titans are fielding. Texans can't out muscle titans but they can attack them through the air and Tanny is gonna need to keep pace especially with Henry being hobbled. 

Lord, I hope you are right. This could be the week Tanny actually gets more passing volume. [...]

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story.
19 minutes ago, dynst1988 said:

Tanny is gonna need to keep pace especially with Henry being hobbled. 

3 minutes ago, TheInterluder said:

This could be the week Tanny actually gets more passing volume.

are we sure this is a good thing?

KING HENDRY!!1!!1! being hobbled/ineffective, or, doomsday scenario of exiting the game, may be mutually exclusive to the high hopes for the Tennyhilz air raid. 

he has been remarkably efficient on precious little volume because that beast in uni #22 is keeping defenses honest.

and he gets bailed out by KING HENDRY!!1!!11! on many occasions, as well. 

i am pretty sure that this Tennyhilz rebirth would not be possible wifout the beast. 

do we really want Tenny chucking it 50+ times sans his running atrack? 🤔

dunno ... as bad as Howstin is on the back, be careful what you wish for ...

• Thanks 1
43 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

are we sure this is a good thing?

KING HENDRY!!1!!1! being hobbled/ineffective, or, doomsday scenario of exiting the game, may be mutually exclusive to the high hopes for the Tennyhilz air raid. 

he has been remarkably efficient on precious little volume because that beast in uni #22 is keeping defenses honest.

and he gets bailed out by KING HENDRY!!1!!11! on many occasions, as well. 

i am pretty sure that this Tennyhilz rebirth would not be possible wifout the beast. 

do we really want Tenny chucking it 50+ times sans his running atrack? 🤔

dunno ... as bad as Howstin is on the back, be careful what you wish for ...

Regardless more volume is better for Tanny. 47% of his passing yards are YAC yards and with Texans high octane offense if Fuller suits up is better for Tanny if he throws 35+ than 22 times. Henry hobbled def hurts but also might put them in catch up mode and that's good from a fantasy perspective. 

This guy looked good. Even with a godwinless winston, i have to roll Jameis out next week but he is a nice back up to own. Hopefully a negative game scripts against NO will allow him to keep chucking. He is pretty accurate and New Orleans should be able to score. Id love to see another 35-40 attempts from him if indeed i have to play him.

• Like 2
40 minutes ago, rahuLL said:

how we feeling about him at home vs NO?

I think I'm probably going to roll with him for a few reasons:

He's as hot as any QB in the league right now not named Lamar and the Titans are playing at home.

The Saints D looked good last night but Brissett looked pretty bad and the Saints gave up 40+ points to the 49ers last week.

He's at least had a safe floor in almost every game this year.

Brees looked really good last night and the Titans might have to throw to keep up.

• Like 2
13 minutes ago, hockeyfan77 said:

Rolling him out this week: I just think the Saints are a totally different team at home

they were 7-1 on the road last year, 5-1 on the road thus far for 2019. 

yeah, the "Road Brees" narrative is tried and true .... and a few of those road wins this year were helmed by Teddy. 

but, still ... 12-2 in their last 14 road games is pretty damn spiff 🤷‍♂️

10 minutes ago, dschddny said:

Risky business starting him against New Orleans!  Much better off streaming someone else with a better matchup IMO

Saints are ranked 21st against QB according to ESPN, and that's after Brissett completely wet the bed against them last night. Not worried

• Thanks 1
On 12/16/2019 at 3:29 PM, WVFalcon said:

I gotta keep rolling with him. Hoping he lights up the Saints D like Jimmy G. did last week. I'll be watching the Saints D real close tonight.

Have to keep an eye on Henry though I don't know if want to play Tanny if he's out.

He did pretty decent last week with Henry absolutely laying an egg against the Texans defense.

Tannehill owners certainly can't be inspired by the Saints defensive performance on MNF but Tanny isn't really a streamer anymore. Most of us who picked him up and made it this far now consider him "my quarterback" (sobbing Terrell Owens voice). He's earned the right for his owners to commit to him in the finals instead of rolling the dice on Fitz, Dalton, or whoever else may appear to have a better matchup. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
32 minutes ago, SenatorSpaceman said:

Tannehill owners certainly can't be inspired by the Saints defensive performance on MNF but Tanny isn't really a streamer anymore. Most of us who picked him up and made it this far now consider him "my quarterback" (sobbing Terrell Owens voice). He's earned the right for his owners to commit to him in the finals instead of rolling the dice on Fitz, Dalton, or whoever else may appear to have a better matchup. 

Any Tannehill owner would be wise to load up on Dalton/Mixon/Boyd/Ross stacks in DFS this week to counter-act it.

• Haha 1