NBC Sports Edge Forums

Devonte' Graham 2019-2020 Outlook

• Replies 775
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's not that people can't complain, it's that the majority of the posts in this thread over the last 10 pages have been about how Graham is frustrating to own because of his bad FG, all the while ign

it’s ok, knowing you if he has one bad game you’ll drop him and come here and call him a scrub 

Even if Graham **** the bed 7-8 games straight I’ll never complain...was a WW add that exceeded all expectations...held my team down for half a season. Would be a sad quiet drop lol...but would never bitch or complain. 

Edited by IDatDude
  • Haha 1

Feels like he has to have an uptick in FG%... Shooting 36.4% on 2pt shots, after he shot 42.1% on 95 of them last year. Seems like no one can shoot this badly for an extended period of time from two. Maybe, i dont know.

Why can’t we complain? Yes he’s from the waiver but it’s true that his fg% is negatively impacting many of us. Don’t shut down the signals - it’s definitely interesting that someone of this level of performance struggles with shooting so bad for so long. It’s a great topic indeed to discuss players and moves that could help different team structures.

I drafted Drummond and Gobert as my first 2 picks and with the unexpectedly high number of TOs from these and Graham on the team, I decided to rebuild for 3s and assists. Now my TO isn’t as competitive any more. Fg% can be managed to somewhat above average as well. 

2 hours ago, gooseball said:

Why can’t we complain? Yes he’s from the waiver but it’s true that his fg% is negatively impacting many of us. Don’t shut down the signals - it’s definitely interesting that someone of this level of performance struggles with shooting so bad for so long. It’s a great topic indeed to discuss players and moves that could help different team structures.

I drafted Drummond and Gobert as my first 2 picks and with the unexpectedly high number of TOs from these and Graham on the team, I decided to rebuild for 3s and assists. Now my TO isn’t as competitive any more. Fg% can be managed to somewhat above average as well. 

It's not that people can't complain, it's that the majority of the posts in this thread over the last 10 pages have been about how Graham is frustrating to own because of his bad FG, all the while ignoring how amazingly consistent the rest of his stats have been. Kevin Huerter's thread is 25 pages of people hyped about how good he is, yet he is nowhere near Graham's fantasy value.

We are not talking about a perennial star or a proven end of bench guy here. We are talking about a WW add that went undrafted in 100% of all leagues and that we are lucky to even have. You could've ended up picking Kurocks instead of this kid in week 1, you know.

Is his FG% bad? Absolutely. Will it get better? Potentially. Can it be managed? Depends on your build. Is your build unable to sustain this FG% drop? Trade and be happy that you were able to get a top 60 player in return out of a WW pickup.

Just my $0.02

• Like 9
1 hour ago, Saucy said:

Do you guys think he's a long term solution for them at guard, or do you think he'll eventually settle into more of a backup role?

He's 24 and has forged a good partnership with Rozier.  I'd imagine it's all systems go for him as a long term starter and even centerpiece, barring injury.

• Like 1
9 hours ago, Saucy said:

Do you guys think he's a long term solution for them at guard, or do you think he'll eventually settle into more of a backup role?

Long term for sure.  If you can stomach the bad FG% but I can tell that he is adjusting nicely to the double team and trapping (better FG% this week).  He is also not afraid to dish it to Rozier to score when Rozier has the hot hand, hence the boost in assist.

Graham isn't a mad chucker and that's why I have him and not Rozier ;) 

9 hours ago, vnmslsrbms said:

Trade him to the teams who are lowest in FG% if you are that annoyed by his FG%.  By now you know what he is already.  Nobody's stupid enough to drop him and he's very trade-able. 

Right now maybe 1 tier below players like Trae Young.  Graham has good value ~

Edited by HLFReborn
1 minute ago, DiscoNinja33 said:

I love him but god damn between him and Prince my FG% is absolutely cooked. 

hahah I have both as well, but I'm #1 in my league, it can be weathered and they contribute in other areas thankfully.