NBC Sports Edge Forums

John Collins 2019-2020 Outlook

7 hours ago, HLFReborn said:

Ever since Parker had his run as PF with good stats I feel Collins and Parker's good stats are partially due to Trae's existence.  Trae is making bigs play with him look good... the bigs by themselves are not contributing well without Trae.

Collins dropped 34 on the Bulls sans Young

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Should I try to acquire Jokic? Pretty sure he's not on any PEDs or 'roids right now 

For anyone who wants to be constructive, 25 games gives him a return of December 23.  A Christmas present if you can stick it out. If you have Ayton and Collins, well it was a good season unless

I kid you not. I have Steph, Ayton, Collins, Bagley

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, bksm said:

Trae only seems to like making plays for/with Len. It almost looks like Trae doesn't even want to build chemistry with Collins.

The 2 year sample size says Trae has good chemistry with Collins. It’s one game. Collins has a much tougher matchup then Len right now. Millsap and grant play way better D than Jokic. 

13 hours ago, bksm said:

Trae only seems to like making plays for/with Len. It almost looks like Trae doesn't even want to build chemistry with Collins.

Trae and Collins are the number one pick n roll tandem in the league. 

He is a tremendous young player with a very high ceiling.  How much time does he play at center?  I would suspect he is more suited for the 4.  My guess is the Hawks must feel the same way since they are rumored to be looking trading for another center, either Drummond or Dedmon.  Are they hoping he will develop more into a modern stretch 4?  I only see a few Hawks games each year so I am not as familiar with the team beyond what I read.

I guess I see adding a top tier center will push him out on the perimeter which may lead to less rebounds, less blocks and less efficiency.  Is this accurate?

Edited by mbroo5880i
  • Like 1
On 1/7/2020 at 2:08 PM, HLFReborn said:

Trae makes bigs better.  Collin's stats are inflated by Trae's good plays ~~~ Without Trae he is just an average big that can shoot some 3s.

Care to elaborate? Because I’m seeing a perennial all star in Collins. He’s aggressive on the boards, plays great defence, reads the play well on both ends of the court and has exceptional passing ability for a big. He is a very complete player. 

3 hours ago, Bluo said:

Care to elaborate? Because I’m seeing a perennial all star in Collins. He’s aggressive on the boards, plays great defence, reads the play well on both ends of the court and has exceptional passing ability for a big. He is a very complete player. 

don't mind me I'm just salty i dropped him

But he is a bad defender from what I hear from the streetz

• Haha 2
On 1/10/2020 at 9:36 PM, Bluo said:

Did you watch his recent games?  He had 4 blocks back to back.  Is he just approaching the drive from the side or from behind to get the block or is he actively contesting while protecting the rim?

Do you think the 4blk/game will sustain?  I think his ceiling is 2blk/game or so

He is a good 3pt shooter for a big and the route he is going is gonna be similar fantasy value as KAT however he is definately not there yet.