Andrew Wiggins 2019-2020 Outlook

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You can draft him if you want to punt win

Oh yeah? Where'd you draft him then oracle?

Posted Images

5 hours ago, Agmaniacmike said:

Really surprised not to see any posts on here. 5 steals and good % on high volume .I don't own him, but he really is playing better this year and now he's the guy for the Warriors.

A guy like Sekou Doumbouya has 45 pages of raves and this guy goes to a great situation and it is like meh....smh.

• Haha 2

His entire career has been spent on a crowded Timberwolves team. I could easily see him having a huge breakout and having people draft him top 20 next season. Like Oladipo after his first season in Indiana.

That is obviously not guaranteed. I could also see nothing changing.  I cant really see him taking more shots than he already did and defenses will pay more attention to him

• Like 2
51 minutes ago, Jimmy21 said:

His entire career has been spent on a crowded Timberwolves team. I could easily see him having a huge breakout and having people draft him top 20 next season. Like Oladipo after his first season in Indiana.

That is obviously not guaranteed. I could also see nothing changing.  I cant really see him taking more shots than he already did and defenses will pay more attention to him

Naw it’ll be same on the warriors. It’s even worse actually considering the amount of usage Steph and Klay will soak up. He’s a better fit here since he won’t be asked to be the top option 

the fit is clearly waaaayyyyyyyyy better than it was with D Lo obviously (nice he actually tries on D, which Dlo flat out didnt )

So far he's really playing withing the flow of the game too. Given the trash we are rolling out, I thought he might put up 30 shots a game, but so far he's really not forcing it at all.

So far so good

Those defensive stats are really impressive!  Hope he keeps it up.  Then he could really be the Iggy replacement, except younger!  Curry/Klay/Wiggins/Dray/? could work with all the bench development they have done this year!  Wiggins is going to feast this year ROS with Curry and Klay still out.  He could also earn some respect from Dray.  I'm sure they have told Dray to not be Jimmy Butler.  He already sent off KD, please don't send away another star. 

Chriss is only in his 3rd year.  Lots of players have been given up on too early.  Looney is so injury prone but it's also possible they'll dig up some gem or some guy and make him look good.  Bench actually looks kinda weak for next year as they sent away some of their best guys in WCS, Burks and GRIII and Spellman (liked his potential to be Dray lite). 

1 hour ago, vnmslsrbms said:

Those defensive stats are really impressive!  Hope he keeps it up.  Then he could really be the Iggy replacement, except younger!  Curry/Klay/Wiggins/Dray/? could work with all the bench development they have done this year!  Wiggins is going to feast this year ROS with Curry and Klay still out.  He could also earn some respect from Dray.  I'm sure they have told Dray to not be Jimmy Butler.  He already sent off KD, please don't send away another star. 

Found it interesting after our game against the heat, Wiggins and Jimmy had a long chat after the game. Lots of hugs, laughing, smiling, they seemed completely fine 

("Hahah how good is it when you get our of that hell hole ?! " ) 

Man, wiggins makin me look like im lightyears ahead. Traded my buddy hield for wiggins back in december—his owner thinking sell high, me betting he can sustain it. Now with the warriors, his upside is 25-5-5 with 2-2-2 peripherals (FT still **** tho haha). Everyone’s like, you got that for just buddy hield? With hield now comin off the bench, it’s like a reverse sell high. Im just blabbering right now, i just hope wigs can sustain this. Congrats to everyone else who believed lol.

Me thinking this dude realizes that he'll be contending for a playoff spot next season with klay and curry in the fold.. probably lit a light under his a** to perform since he probably never realized he'd be trading being highly scouted as a number 1 canadian back when he was drafted. 

4blks, 2st and 2 TO's. Very un-Wiggins like.

Hope the ride continues. But I'm not optimistic after watching him with the Wolves for so long.

Let's see what happens when he is on a team that goes 2-8 in it's next 10 and see if he stays motivated.

6 hours ago, rabaak said:

Let's see what happens when he is on a team that goes 2-8 in it's next 10 and see if he stays motivated.

Don't see motivation being a problem.

Warriors may go 2-8 or worse in their next 10 but next year with Steph/Klay/Dray all back and healthy...that's a core that won 73 games in 2015 with Harrison Barnes at the 3.

4 minutes ago, alexstr said:

Warriors may go 2-8 or worse in their next 10 but next year with Steph/Klay/Dray all back and healthy...that's a core that won 73 games in 2015 with Harrison Barnes at the 3.

After watching Wiggins for 6 years, motivation seems to be the biggest problem.  He has the talent and the athletic ability. He should be better than what he has been. 

What do you think the problem has been?

https://dunkingwithwolves.com/2019/04/21/minnesota-timberwolves-andrew-wiggins-you-can-make-400-million/

11 minutes ago, rabaak said:

After watching Wiggins for 6 years, motivation seems to be the biggest problem.  He has the talent and the athletic ability. He should be better than what he has been. 

What do you think the problem has been?

https://dunkingwithwolves.com/2019/04/21/minnesota-timberwolves-andrew-wiggins-you-can-make-400-million/

Being in Minnesota, trash team, cold weather, getting the blame for the team being bad while KAT is gifted offensively but terrible defensively gets all the praise.

3 hours ago, alexstr said:

But how much of that stems from playing for one of the worst organizations in basketball?

If Wiggins wanted out, he could have opted out of signing his 5yr 148 Mill contract in 2017 and hit free agency the year after.

The Wolves were 2 games behind Portland for winning the division 2017-18 and looked like they might have a young foundation for better things to come with a 47-35 record. 

Ask Jimmy B what he thought of Andrew.

Sources familiar with the situation told Sporting News that Butler is uncertain about playing with Wiggins — Butler had problems last season with Wiggins, his work ethic and his approach on the defensive end of the floor. Thibodeau has had similar problems with Wiggins in the past, too, and he had some hope that bringing a tough-minded veteran like Butler into the locker room would spur Wiggins to improve. It didn’t.

Questions about Wiggins work ethic go all the way back to his high school/Canadian National team days.

Could playing in GS with Curry, Draymond and K. Thompson change all that. Certainly. All I'm saying is good luck with that. Hope it all works out in GS.

5 hours ago, alexstr said:

Mmm that core also had Iggy, Livingston, Bogurt ..... 

Right now we're rolling Jerome Fkn Pargo out there 

Sometimes a player connects with a coach or organization and figures it out.  I have always thought of Wiggins as highly skilled but lacking motivation to improve beyond being a scorer.  Hopefully, being around Kerr, Curry, Klay and Draymond will help him realize his potential. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, rabaak said:

If Wiggins wanted out, he could have opted out of signing his 5yr 148 Mill contract in 2017 and hit free agency the year after.

The Wolves were 2 games behind Portland for winning the division 2017-18 and looked like they might have a young foundation for better things to come with a 47-35 record. 

Ask Jimmy B what he thought of Andrew.

Sources familiar with the situation told Sporting News that Butler is uncertain about playing with Wiggins — Butler had problems last season with Wiggins, his work ethic and his approach on the defensive end of the floor. Thibodeau has had similar problems with Wiggins in the past, too, and he had some hope that bringing a tough-minded veteran like Butler into the locker room would spur Wiggins to improve. It didn’t.

Questions about Wiggins work ethic go all the way back to his high school/Canadian National team days.

Could playing in GS with Curry, Draymond and K. Thompson change all that. Certainly. All I'm saying is good luck with that. Hope it all works out in GS.

Your points are valid and I would believe shared by many NBA observers.  It is up to Wiggins to determine whether his career takes the next step.  Sometimes a change of scenery makes a difference. If it does, he will have an opportunity in GS that he probably will never have had in Minnesota.