NBC Sports Edge Forums

Kendrick Nunn 2019-2020 Outlook

Dwyane Wade in the making boys. 

I'm predicting him to flourish even with Jimmy in the mix.

20 points, 4 rebs, 4 ast per game. Can get you steals and blocks too. Three pointers are also high with Jimmy opening up things.

• Haha 1
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This years Michael Jordan

Heats scouting department truly deserves a boatload of strippers and coke and a big bonus lmao.   Every year they uncover these absolute hidden gems!

I really think so much of fantasy b-ball opinion is predicated on who guys miss out on in their leagues or who they dropped. There is a psychoanalysis aspect to it where our ego gets in the way and we

Posted Images

Pour up, drain, head shot, drain
Sit down, drain, stand up, drain
Pass out, drain, wake up, drain
Faded, drain, faded, drain
Okay, now open your mind up and listen me, Kendrick
I am your conscience, if you do not hear me then you will be history, Kendrick
You are a beast and you will drain all the shots to victory, Kendrick!!!!!
  • Like 6
17 hours ago, kmoore1521 said:

and we are worried with Butler coming back to this squad?

#wut

Aint worried bout Nunn....

Seriously though.  I've seen posts in this thread and read blurbs on fantasy sites citing Nunn's lack of pedigree.  I suppose that's fair given that he was undrafted and didn't establish himself on an NBA roster until age 24.

But this dude was a consensus top 60 HS recruit, won 4 state championships and is one of 5 players to have his number retired at the legendary Simeon in Chicago, was all freshmen Big 10, got steadily better every year at Illinois before being dismissed for an off court issue, then after a year away and albeit in the lesser Horizon league, he leads that nation in 3s, is the nation's 2nd leading scorer, and is the best player in the conference.  As a rookie in the G league he averaged a healthy 19 ppg.

Not the typical trajectory of a NBA superstar but this dude has been ballin all his life and always seems to be one of the better players whenever he steps on the court.  Don't know if he keeps this up but he passes the eye test and his pedigree is not as weak as some would suggest.  Fun player to roster and he's been solid in pts, 3s, steals, with good percentages.  A lot to like as a waiver pick up and if he falls off we just drop him for the next.

But yeah...aint worried bout Nunn. ...

• Thanks 1
Just now, VaTerp said:

Seriously though.  I've seen posts in this thread and read blurbs on fantasy sites citing Nunn's lack of pedigree.  I suppose that's fair given that he was undrafted and didn't establish himself on an NBA roster until age 24.

But this dude was a consensus top 60 HS recruit, won 4 state championships and is one of 5 players to have his number retired at the legendary Simeon in Chicago, was all freshmen Big 10, got steadily better every year at Illinois before being dismissed for an off court issue, then after a year away and albeit in the lesser Horizon league, he leads that nation in 3s, is the nation's 2nd leading scorer, and is the best player in the conference.  As a rookie in the G league he averaged a healthy 19 ppg.

Not the typical trajectory of a NBA superstar but this dude has been ballin all his life and always seems to be one of the better players whenever he steps on the court.  Don't know if he keeps this up but he passes the eye test and his pedigree is not as weak as some would suggest.  Fun player to roster and he's been solid in pts, 3s, steals, with good percentages.  A lot to like as a waiver pick up and if he falls off we just drop him for the next.

Aint Nunn to worry about!!!! Got this....

33 minutes ago, VaTerp said:

well said.

Not everyone’s career trajectory is the same. Siakam was a 27th pick for us, a late bloomer, played at a lesser school in New Mexico, but his college peripherals and highlights were outstanding, and now he’s a 25 year old blossoming star for my raps.

people automatically just assume young and high pick = the best talent, normally that’s true, but there’s plenty of outlier success stories.

sometimes GMs put a bit too much into “red flag” off court issues and it hurts a guys stock. 

You’d think being the second best college scorer in the nation behind only trae young would bring you attention, but it’s that “he’s too old” thing again.

either you can play ball at a high level or you can’t, if you can flat out score it’ll translate one way or another unless you’re really undersized and have confidence and defensive issues like jimmer (which Nunn doesn’t).

Awesome peripherals, good size, plays a very patient methodical game offensively, competitor, what’s not to love? Watching him come off some of these screens, usually you’ll see guys right away rush for an off balance fade, what he does is interesting, he’ll get the ball off the curl and instead of chuck off balance he’ll gather himself and wait a second and just square up, it’s very much what ray allen did and guys like Klay and it yields higher percentage shots. That’s why I think his high percentage is totally sustainable and has carried over at every level. 

He plays more like a steady star than a rookie. Can’t wait to see him next to Jimmy, but I’m confident it’ll work out.

Edited by Lifschitz
  • Like 2

there are moments in life wherein you need something more than a talent, a heart to fight. that's what nunn is showing us boys. ain't afraid of jimmy bum-butler returning cause i know nunn can find a way to be able to contribute.

Butler playing tonight so al will be revealed. I am definitely worried though. He needs the ball in his hands and I am afraid that his usage will fall a lot with buyer in game. His off ball game isn’t bad so he should still get some stars but there will be a noticeable dip in all stats.

All I want for Christmas is for Nunn to work with Butler. Obviously, I'm not expecting 2nd round value like he currently has, but 5th-6th round range would still be huge for a waiver wire pick up.

Plus, my team is called Freaky Nunns ffs - I can't drop him.

29 minutes ago, Apollo_87 said:

All I want for Christmas is for Nunn to work with Butler. Obviously, I'm not expecting 2nd round value like he currently has, but 5th-6th round range would still be huge for a waiver wire pick up.

Plus, my team is called Freaky Nunns ffs - I can't drop him.

For namesake alone, no you cannot!

• Thanks 1
Just now, DezedandConfused said:

Wouldnt say nervous, just want the game to start so we can see how Nunn plays with butler 

Ive owned butler for 3 straight years i dont own him this year. Hes an alpha but hes not that big of a ball hog. If you are hot he feeds you. If you are struggling he takes over.

• tonycpsu changed the title to Kendrick Nunn 2019-2020 Outlook