Kendrick Nunn 2019-2020 Outlook

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This years Michael Jordan

Heats scouting department truly deserves a boatload of strippers and coke and a big bonus lmao.   Every year they uncover these absolute hidden gems!

I really think so much of fantasy b-ball opinion is predicated on who guys miss out on in their leagues or who they dropped. There is a psychoanalysis aspect to it where our ego gets in the way and we

Posted Images

Dude had been playing the min and putting up stats before this. The only issue was his percentages as he was in a slump which made him difficult to hold on too. Looks like he’s broken out of that slump for now and is beasting. He was continuously shooting a hell of a lot of shots even during this slump. Spo trusts him so we should too. Think he’s gonna ball for the majority of the season which is pretty awesome as I got him on the waiver. 

People on this thread need to chill. 

1 minute ago, Trench Mob said:

Too bad we don't play the Hawks every night lol. 

True but his shot wasn't falling and he said he's been trying to attack the basket more to compensate for it which is helping. Also, he was still getting 12-15 shots with dragic/winslow, his defensive stats are lacking tho.

• Thanks 1
4 minutes ago, Lockdown said:

If only Winslow and Dragic could be out every game...

I fully expected this since I always said, this guy just puts up numbers if there are unhealthy players, especially the two PG's. He's by default their only PG right now lol. Hence the minutes.

The main problem, as always is his numbers with EVERYONE healthy. We already know he can light it up with Dragic and Winslow out. Also with Butler out like the start of the season.

He's a borderline rosterable player when Winslow, Dragic and Butler all play.

He has continued to get shots in the offense and he is averaging 30 minutes with 15 points a game... he's a rookie so he is inconsistent, hence the shooting slump leading into this career high game. He has talent and he will continue to get shots regardless of who is playing, Jimmy continues to feed him.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, DezedandConfused said:

True but his shot wasn't falling and he said he's been trying to attack the basket more to compensate for it which is helping. Also, he was still getting 12-15 shots with dragic/winslow, his defensive stats are lacking tho.

I think that's the main reason why he's been let go. Peripherals are first priority to many.

1 minute ago, MilesBridgesBetterThanZion said:

Oh you dropped him, I'm sorry. See you in his thread next season where he'll be drafted in all league's, and no longer ww gold. 

I never had him in the first place lol. But good to know I guess.

1 hour ago, PascalSiakam said:

I told ya all

Yep you did. In last 10 games (not counting tonight, game in progress)according to BBM he played 294.9  minutes.  In that time he collected 4 steals, 4 blocks, 34 assists, 17 turnovers. 

For a guard position  that is not very good. He is positive contributor   3s, TOs and assists; negative in every other category (-0.73 is value for double doubles).

He is one of the players I am happy he is not on my team because of negative contributions in so many categories. Even if I want to punt I am not sure where  to start

image.thumb.png.b57eb09c9f0b39a7a465bf93c4e13e0a.png

Edited by Gile Pile
1 minute ago, Gile Pile said:

Yep you did. In last 10 games (not counting tonight, game in progress)e he played 294.9  minutes.  In that time he collected 4 steals, 4 blocks, 34 assists, 17 turnovers. 

For a guard position  that is not very good. He is positive contributor   3s, TOs and assists; negative in every other category (-0.73 is value for double doubles).

He is one of the players I am happy he is not on my team because of negative contributions in so many categories. Even if I want to punt I am not sure where  to start

image.thumb.png.b57eb09c9f0b39a7a465bf93c4e13e0a.png

well that's selective endpoints.  118 for the year on #basketball for 9 cat and will rise 10-15 spots after tonight.  he's def rosterable.  is he more than that?  who knows but he's a rookie and having a pretty solid year IRL so the minutes should be there if he keeps affecting wins.

• Like 1
Just now, laurilegend said:

well that's selective endpoints.  118 for the year on #basketball for 9 cat and will rise 10-15 spots after tonight.  he's def rosterable.  is he more than that?  who knows but he's a rookie and having a pretty solid year IRL so the minutes should be there if he keeps affecting wins.

selective?  standard 9 cat + double double.  He is rosterable, but not on my team

nunn has become the epitome of hit or miss discussion. Just take it easy, it's been like this all year, at the end of the day he's inconsistent and a rookie, not matchup proof, but he still belongs on rosters. This is a fruitless debate at this point, semantics. The pundits give him zero breaks, and his fans go nuts after one 30 point performance. 

Just put it to rest.

He goes off great, he sucks ok, it is what it is. He's going to be in that 14-17 range all year with his skill set, and that's solid for a rookie. His hot start caused a ripple effect of expectation, but it was never going to last at that pace. It would've made him one of the greatest rookies ever; so it set up false expectations.

Edited by Lifschitz
  • Like 4
35 minutes ago, PascalSiakam said:

lol I don’t even want to reply him, don’t waste your time pal

Context is everything. Gile pile isn’t wrong with the numbers he posted, but that doesn’t make him right either. 

He's a rookie come on, he's going to learn and hopefully get better.  Dude is undrafted he's got a serious chip on his shoulder.  Lottery picks come in, they miss shots and coverages and don't care.  Nunn is playing for his true livelihood and love of basketball.  Still combo guards like him don't usually have a long career since he's a little shorter and if he can't run an offense better (doesn't seem to be his thing even in college) he will either be a small SG next to a big PG or a bench dynamo.  Strange that the heat has made it work with him.  Probably a good match with Butler guiding the offense frequently?

• Like 1
10 hours ago, Lifschitz said:

nunn has become the epitome of hit or miss discussion. Just take it easy, it's been like this all year, at the end of the day he's inconsistent and a rookie, not matchup proof, but he still belongs on rosters. This is a fruitless debate at this point, semantics. The pundits give him zero breaks, and his fans go nuts after one 30 point performance. 

Just put it to rest.

He goes off great, he sucks ok, it is what it is. He's going to be in that 14-17 range all year with his skill set, and that's solid for a rookie. His hot start caused a ripple effect of expectation, but it was never going to last at that pace. It would've made him one of the greatest rookies ever; so it set up false expectations.

I agree with this 100%.

In a 20 person league, so dropping him never really crossed my mind.

Been through it all: sell high window, no trade consideration cause of WW, this thread and the excessive back and forth lmao.

The Heat are a problem in the East. Great team to watch. He's definitely part of their success.

All of the rookies are talented, product of Miami developing guys. Plus Butler been struggling % wise. So it's bound to get better for them.

Nunn looks the most talented rookie IMO. Defensive liability rn due to size and lack of experience, that will come.

In terms of fantasy ups and downs will come w him. An unexpected plus 30 piece from a WW pickup on a Sunday can win you the week in H2H.

Edited by MahsMills