NBC Sports Edge Forums

Vent & Rant Thread 2019-2020

• Replies 586
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you traded for Kyrie after he was already out for the season then I'm not sure the commish is the dumb crackhead here

can you top this?  

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2869726-all-we-do-is-find-reasons-for-guys-not-to-work I highly suggest this article for those raging about load management and injuries. Execs are ripping it

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, cbsholy said:

Did Towns get hurt again after coming back in tonight? I thought he was able to finish the game 

You're scaring me man

No he finished the game but tomorrow is a back to back and knowing Wolves he won’t play 

8 minutes ago, GuruPitka said:

Why is it that in mostly all other sports, when the athlete comes back from injury they are ready to take on full responsibilities. But in basketball a player spends months on the shelf only to come back and play 10 minutes a game.

Because its a soft league. No other sports load manage and nba players are highest paid

• Like 1

Another day another bunch of garbage articles by the roto goofs. Sell high on Zion huh? Why would anyone trade him after waiting so long for his return? Because he cant hit free throws lol ok.... The shutdown article is even more comical where is the data and proof to justify this nonsense?

• Like 2
3 hours ago, DonutGiveUp said:

Another day another bunch of garbage articles by the roto goofs. Sell high on Zion huh? Why would anyone trade him after waiting so long for his return? Because he cant hit free throws lol ok.... The shutdown article is even more comical where is the data and proof to justify this nonsense?

man don't get me started. I listen to their podcasts too and they really frustrate me about how they really go all in on some things for the whole year (right now its KAT is def a goner so is beal etc) and when you hear something that many times you even start to question your sanity levels and if you really should make a move. But then if you do your no chance because the average Joe other owners in your league read it and bought into it

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, beejay6020 said:

man don't get me started. I listen to their podcasts too and they really frustrate me about how they really go all in on some things for the whole year (right now its KAT is def a goner so is beal etc) and when you hear something that many times you even start to question your sanity levels and if you really should make a move. But then if you do your no chance because the average Joe other owners in your league read it and bought into it

I took their advice and sold Jrue early and he’s fine. Never again they’re just a bunch of average people like us. I’m following my gut 

4 hours ago, DonutGiveUp said:

Yeah they talk about players being shut down every year and it never happens. I wish they would at least name some examples of players that were shut down in past years. They can’t because it just doesn’t happen. The only thing I’ve seen is that some players get rest during the very last week of the real regular season. Can someone name the last time a healthy player was shut down for the season in the past? 

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, Bugs bunny said:

Yeah they talk about players being shut down every year and it never happens. I wish they would at least name some examples of players that were shut down in past years. They can’t because it just doesn’t happen. The only thing I’ve seen is that some players get rest during the very last week of the real regular season. Can someone name the last time a healthy player was shut down for the season in the past? 

None to come to mind for me and that’s my beef with them, if you’re going to constantly mention it show us example to go off. Beal played 82 games back to back and had an unlucky injury this season. He’s also a guy who loves to play the game he won’t sit. Ditto Towns who rarely missed games until this season. If it isn’t shut down talk it’s buy low or sell high lol 

So much for Capela, Whiteside, Gallinari, Lavine etc etc etc playing even close to how they did a few weeks/months ago. Entire team is one big sh*t show all at the same time! 

Edited by bksm
On 1/29/2020 at 8:01 PM, DonutGiveUp said:

None to come to mind for me and that’s my beef with them, if you’re going to constantly mention it show us example to go off. Beal played 82 games back to back and had an unlucky injury this season. He’s also a guy who loves to play the game he won’t sit. Ditto Towns who rarely missed games until this season. If it isn’t shut down talk it’s buy low or sell high lol 

Bledsoe with Phoenix 3 years ago. Could have played a big part in him demanding out at the beginning of the following season though.