Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Vent & Rant Thread 2019-2020


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 586
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you traded for Kyrie after he was already out for the season then I'm not sure the commish is the dumb crackhead here

can you top this?  

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2869726-all-we-do-is-find-reasons-for-guys-not-to-work I highly suggest this article for those raging about load management and injuries. Execs are ripping it

Posted Images

Have quite a few underperformers but who I’m really worried about is Gary Harris and McGee. Harris I’m gonna hold because the minutes are there but I am 2 seconds away from dropping the shaqtin’ a fool HOFer. 
 

but I always end up doing something foolish like dropping someone right before he gets hot. Did it with D Mitch in his rookie year. Did it with IT when he finally took off for the kings. Did it with Draymond Green in his breakout year. Did it a bunch. 
 

also dealing with CP3, TJ Warren, and Isaac (although the stocks are lovely)

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, andy1234 said:

Have quite a few underperformers but who I’m really worried about is Gary Harris and McGee. Harris I’m gonna hold because the minutes are there but I am 2 seconds away from dropping the shaqtin’ a fool HOFer. 
 

but I always end up doing something foolish like dropping someone right before he gets hot. Did it with D Mitch in his rookie year. Did it with IT when he finally took off for the kings. Did it with Draymond Green in his breakout year. Did it a bunch. 
 

also dealing with CP3, TJ Warren, and Isaac (although the stocks are lovely)

 

I'll save you some time and tell u to drop Gary Harris right now.. I drafted that fool last year..never again + to many mouths to feed in Denver

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, boytoy said:

GSW looking pedestrian against OKC. I have Curry in 2 leagues. I am officially worried.

Pedestrian would be putting it mildly. They look terrible.

The rotations and lineups should improve once Looney and Cauley-Stein are healthy. Their team looks way too small right now. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, malixx said:

 

I'll save you some time and tell u to drop Gary Harris right now.. I drafted that fool last year..never again + to many mouths to feed in Denver


the minutes are still there though and he was great 2 seasons ago. It’s tough To drop but I’m very close. Think I’m giving it one more game 

Link to post
Share on other sites

TJ Warren, what a clown. I wrote how i avoid drafting him unless its a bargain and even then id just be using him as trade bait after a good like 5-10 game stretch. BUT this dude cant even go first 2 games of season without being hurt, what a total bum smh.

Eric Bledsoe : Its not the playoffs anymore, why does he still suck? Cant even trade this guy since no one is offering anything half decent

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Hate that I was feeling so good after my draft, Hashtag projected my team to be head and shoulders above the league other than assists (which I was punting), and thus I was hesitant to drop anyone for players like Nunn and Washington. Now it's too late and I'm stuck with guys like Dedmon and Wright. Players whom I thought would have a solid role turned out to be trash, and now my waiver wire is barren as all potential pickups have been snatched up. Frustrating.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

My big mistake was Draymond at pick 33 - a valuable lesson in how non-scorers don't benefit from increased scoring opportunity. I never planned on drafting him, but panicked when I netted scoring guards with my first two picks and justified it by assuming all his counting stats would rise.

Still available at that point- Porzingis, DMitch, Tobias, and all the breakouts including Adebayo who looks to be this year's iteration of that triple-double big at a fraction of the price.

I drafted a solid team around him, but a 3rd round whiff weighs down title odds and leaves me feeling like an idiot for not thinking it through.

Link to post
Share on other sites

so.. in my second 12 man money league, with this current roster below, and with the following rankings on the week, I lost 6-3 to my opponent because I just happened to go up against Irving, Ball, and Kawhi, and I got these stats with Jrue Holiday completely ****ting the bed and missing the 3rd game..

 4th in FG, 2nd in FT, 3rd in 3's, 2nd in points, 3rd in rebounds, 2nd in steals, 4th in blocks

It's just nutty, being top 4 in 7 categories and losing 6-3 is pretty demoralizing. 

Hell, I lost FT% (86% vs 87%).. I don't think I've ever lost by such a thin margin. We had 58 threes and lost it. We lost FG by .02%. and TOs by 4. 

hCqkws3.png

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Lifschitz said:

so.. in my second 12 man money league, with this current roster below, and with the following rankings on the week, I lost 6-3 to my opponent because I just happened to go up against Irving, Ball, and Kawhi, and I got these stats with Jrue Holiday completely ****ting the bed and missing the 3rd game..

 4th in FG, 2nd in FT, 3rd in 3's, 2nd in points, 3rd in rebounds, 2nd in steals, 4th in blocks

It's just nutty, being top 4 in 7 categories and losing 6-3 is pretty demoralizing. 

Hell, I lost FT% (86% vs 87%).. I don't think I've ever lost by such a thin margin. We had 58 threes and lost it. We lost FG by .02%. and TOs by 4. 

hCqkws3.png

 

 

That's tough man. I've been there. It'll just make winning the title that much sweeter..

Link to post
Share on other sites

Worst shooting night ever?  I had-

Mike Conley  0-7 0%

Nikola Vucevic 1-13  7.7%

Fred Van Vleet  3-14  21%

Serge Ibaka  3-10  30%

Damian Lillard 9-28  32%

Eric Bledsoe   6-16  37.5%

 

They all combined for a 22/88, or 25%.  I wish I could say it was a fluke, but some of these guys have shot horribly multiple times already.  It has to turn around soon....especially for Conley and Vucevic.....doesn't it?  

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Highlander23 said:

Worst shooting night ever?  I had-

Mike Conley  0-7 0%

Nikola Vucevic 1-13  7.7%

Fred Van Vleet  3-14  21%

Serge Ibaka  3-10  30%

Damian Lillard 9-28  32%

Eric Bledsoe   6-16  37.5%

 

They all combined for a 22/88, or 25%.  I wish I could say it was a fluke, but some of these guys have shot horribly multiple times already.  It has to turn around soon....especially for Conley and Vucevic.....doesn't it?  

 

wow that my roster + Pat Bev and Miles Bridges. I am not going to do the math.  too painful to see. 
(Vucevic always loses to Marc Gasol so I am hoping one time deal.)

Edited by mchspd3
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Over stacked Centers in my big money league bc they kept slipping to me and I knew I’d be able to trade 1 or 2 away.

Took Turner, Bryant, Whiteside, Allen, Dedmon, McGee but traded Allen for Teague after game 1 bc I needed a PG...still stacked on C’s right? Nope. McTrash and Deadman took a massive dump on my roster. Flipped Dead for Holmes and flipped McGee for Wesley Matthews. Smh

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Highlander23 said:

Worst shooting night ever?  I had-

Mike Conley  0-7 0%

Nikola Vucevic 1-13  7.7%

Fred Van Vleet  3-14  21%

Serge Ibaka  3-10  30%

Damian Lillard 9-28  32%

Eric Bledsoe   6-16  37.5%

 

They all combined for a 22/88, or 25%.  I wish I could say it was a fluke, but some of these guys have shot horribly multiple times already.  It has to turn around soon....especially for Conley and Vucevic.....doesn't it?  

 

Tobias Harris was poor too he killed me last night. Dame was 3/19 at one point so he improved

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...