NBC Sports Edge Forums

Vent & Rant Thread 2019-2020

3 IL spots are not even enough for 2020 NBA.

Capela, KAT, Otto all been taking up the damn spots and what happens today, Ben Simmons goes on IL. Write off of a season, can't wait to lose first round (unless more guys drop like flies and I don't even make playoffs)

• Like 2
  • Replies 586
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you traded for Kyrie after he was already out for the season then I'm not sure the commish is the dumb crackhead here

can you top this?  

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2869726-all-we-do-is-find-reasons-for-guys-not-to-work I highly suggest this article for those raging about load management and injuries. Execs are ripping it

Posted Images

Brutal slew of injuries derailing my playoff hopes yet again. 

Payton and Kemba getting injured DURING the all star break along with Clarke, Draymond randomly getting injured again, and Jimmy having multiple nights off for personal reasons... 

23 hours ago, bksm said:

Capela, KAT, Otto all been taking up the damn spots and what happens today, Ben Simmons goes on IL. Write off of a season, can't wait to lose first round (unless more guys drop like flies and I don't even make playoffs)

Load management slots inc

23 hours ago, bksm said:

You should not hold Otto this long,bruh,I don't think he will have much upside rest of the season(long time haven't play,minutes restriction,may rest in b2b game)

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, DiscoNinja33 said:

10th consecutive week of having at least 2 players out. 

First time playing and next season i'm only picking players who have played 78 or more games for 3 consecutive seasons 🤣

Lol it won’t matter bro. I took Towns first and he hasn’t even played 40 games this season. Have Dame in another league and he’s been hurting. Kemba I read had played 75 plus last 3 seasons and he’s missed a bunch of games. No ones a safe pick anymore 

On 2/24/2020 at 3:36 PM, bksm said:

3 IL spots?

Try playing with 0 IL spots in 2020 fantasy NBA. Yep...if I had 3 2 1 IL spots I'd be a happy camper

It’s crazy how with all the advanced science that guys can’t play a full season anymore. AC Green played an NBA record 1192 straight games which only ended due to retirement. He was on that 90’s Laker dynasty and averaged minutes in the 30’s. Dude only missed 3 games in 16 seasons. Obviously no one will ever match that but guys are playing in a much more laid back era where you don’t get pounded driving to the rim or have to worry about a Rodman, Oakley or Laimbeer. Guys are also paid WAY more and can get elite trainers and nutritionists to help them out 

• Like 2
11 minutes ago, DonutGiveUp said:

It’s crazy how with all the advanced science that guys can’t play a full season anymore. AC Green played an NBA record 1192 straight games which only ended due to retirement. He was on that 90’s Laker dynasty and averaged minutes in the 30’s. Dude only missed 3 games in 16 seasons. Obviously no one will ever match that but guys are playing in a much more laid back era where you don’t get pounded driving to the rim or have to worry about a Rodman, Oakley or Laimbeer. Guys are also paid WAY more and can get elite trainers and nutritionists to help them out 

It is pretty funny and I can understand that logic. My only counter to that is the game is much more fast pace now. All that elite training has led to improved athleticism and more running leading to more injuries. Pretty ironic huh. 

Just now, sharkpotato said:

It is pretty funny and I can understand that logic. My only counter to that is the game is much more fast pace now. All that elite training has led to improved athleticism and more running leading to more injuries. Pretty ironic huh. 

Not only that, it's a players league now and they're making $$$$, it's a bigger investment. Frustrating foreal tho but it is what it is.

1 minute ago, sharkpotato said:

Agreed it’s a faster pace but with everything available via sports science every player should be in tip top shape. I came up in the 90’s and guys would get hammered and beat up yet played 40 minutes a game and stayed heathy 

This is getting ridiculous. 

I don't think I have been able to field the same lineup from one week to another because of injuries the entire year.

Now I have LeVert, VanVleet and possibly Middleton not playing. I just got LeVert, P. George, T. Bryant and D. Rose back. 

We don't have an I.R and only 3 bench players. So I have had to dump players like Kennard, Markkanen, C. White, J. Crowder, and Carmelo Anthony that other teams in the league have picked up so I could field a team.

This has been as challenging a year for fielding a team that I have had 30+ years of playing fantasy basketball.

It would be nice to be able to play my best players during the playoffs. 

At this point, I don't like my chances.

Edited by rabaak
  • Like 1
4 minutes ago, rabaak said:

This is getting ridiculous. 

I don't think I have been able to field the same lineup from one week to another because of injuries the entire year.

Now I have LeVert, VanVleet and possibly Middleton not playing. I just got LeVert, P. George, T. Bryant and D. Rose back. 

We don't have an I.R and only 3 bench players. So I have had to dump players like Kennard, Markkanen, C. White, J. Crowder, and Carmelo Anthony that other teams in the league have picked up so I could field a team.

This has been as challenging a year for fielding a team that I have had 30+ years of playing fantasy basketball.

It would be nice to be able to play my best players during the playoffs. 

At this point, I don't like my chances.

Same I’ve had so many injuries I’ve forgotten some players lol. I think I’ll be extending the bench limit next season plus making the playoffs a lot earlier. This season has been an utter disaster 

for the second straight week I played Zion again on Sunday

both times I lost 4-5

last week it was free throws

today, turnovers

If i didn't play him I win 5-4, but because some of my players are out, I forgot who last week, today FVV. I thought my opponent gonna overtake me in pts cat

fool me once, shame on you

fool me twice shame on me

I'm benching him next Saturday or Sunday, now I don't know If i'll make the playoffs hanging on to the 8th seed. fml

7 hours ago, Xmantt said:

for the second straight week I played Zion again on Sunday

both times I lost 4-5

last week it was free throws

today, turnovers

If i didn't play him I win 5-4, but because some of my players are out, I forgot who last week, today FVV. I thought my opponent gonna overtake me in pts cat

fool me once, shame on you

fool me twice shame on me

I'm benching him next Saturday or Sunday, now I don't know If i'll make the playoffs hanging on to the 8th seed. fml

Bummer.

This is why playing roto drove me nuts and I quit doing it. In a points league, Zio is a true star like he is in real life.  I know a lot of you guys look down on points leagues like they are inferior to roto. But in a points league, you would not be benching Zion any time soon. 

Just sayin.

I won weeks 2 to 15 straight. Now I've lost weeks 16 to 20 straight...4-5. Every single time. With Harden, Kawhi and Jokic on my squad.

I don't even know how this is possible lol.