NBC Sports Edge Forums

Vent & Rant Thread 2019-2020

• Replies 586
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you traded for Kyrie after he was already out for the season then I'm not sure the commish is the dumb crackhead here

can you top this?  

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2869726-all-we-do-is-find-reasons-for-guys-not-to-work I highly suggest this article for those raging about load management and injuries. Execs are ripping it

Posted Images

Steph Curry

De'Aaron Fox

Josh Richardson

Now Brandon Clarke and Valanciunas are out

In 10+ years of fantasy basketball I don't think I've ever been hit with the injury bug this badly. Also lost Jeremy Lamb for a while. Only half my roster is healthy at any one time. 

14 hours ago, mbell317 said:

Steph Curry

De'Aaron Fox

Josh Richardson

Now Brandon Clarke and Valanciunas are out

In 10+ years of fantasy basketball I don't think I've ever been hit with the injury bug this badly. Also lost Jeremy Lamb for a while. Only half my roster is healthy at any one time. 

12 team 9 cat H2H w/ 2 IR. 

Was sitting in 1st place so ended up excitedly getting Fox, Hayward, Ayton on my team but since have had long term injuries to Lowry, Vooch, Lonzo, Favors with a sprinkle of issues with Valanciunas and Josh Richardson...

8 out of my 15 players are out. Very excited for Lowry to return and for Ayton to finish serving his suspension.

• Like 1

I lead the league in FG% at 0.500, next closest team is 0.471 and the league average is 0.465. Yet every team I've faced has shot 0.495 to 0.510 the entire week while putting up 700 points and 70 threes. Of course, if I check what the teams did the week after they faced me, they're down to 0.460. How is that possible over a 7 day stretch?

I mean I understand the probability that my team has a little lower FG% over 7 days but for me to be 0.500 on the season and losing FG% every week when the next closest team is 0.471 on the season is just maddening

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
2 hours ago, cbsholy said:

I lead the league in FG% at 0.500, next closest team is 0.471 and the league average is 0.465. Yet every team I've faced has shot 0.495 to 0.510 the entire week while putting up 700 points and 70 threes. Of course, if I check what the teams did the week after they faced me, they're down to 0.460. How is that possible over a 7 day stretch?

I mean I understand the probability that my team has a little lower FG% over 7 days but for me to be 0.500 on the season and losing FG% every week when the next closest team is 0.471 on the season is just maddening

Players/teams have good matchups and play better certain weeks(more playing time due to injuries, more games played that week etc). Just bad luck

Just a list of injuries my side league team has sustained:

Steph, Myles Turner, Jrue Holiday, OPJ, Favors.

Let's add Thomas Bryant to that mix now.

I'm not kidding when I say I've had no less than 4 INJ guys at one time. Our league "only" has 2 IL spots. What a joke.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, iowncrazyhair said:

Have DLo coming back but down ******* goes Clarke, and KP just swatted 4 shots against me in the first 6 mins of the Dal game wtf

I'm matched up against KP too, but thank God Drummond managed 4 blocks in the first half lmao

Sigh, In a league where ppl are ok with a trade of lowry and dipo for embiid and jabari parker. The leader is getting embiid -.- 

Apparently everyone is to righteous to judge/justify what a bad trade is. If the Embiid owner is willing to accept than its ok 😂 unfortunately these are my friends and there's lots of banter so i can't just “find a new league”. So i have to deal with this outrageousness!

Edited by TheBigSlick