NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Assess my punt FG*/TO team WHIR

chaiway

went for a punt fg/to off the bat in 9 cat H2H with

Low FG- Harden(1)/Booker(25)/Lavine(48)/Lowry(49)/Isaac(72)/Lonzo(96)/Prince(144)

but then also managed to pick up

Good FG- Vooch(24)/JV(73)/TJ Warren(97)/Zach Collins(108)/McGee(109)/Looney(145)

Thinking

- Strong in Pts, 3s, Assists, FT

- Ok in Rbs, Blks, Stls.... might even be ok in FG

- Weak in TOs

Thoughts? WHIR

Wow JV at 73 and Lonzo at 96 are great. I would try and boost those cats you have listed as OK with a deal for another solid big man. Lavine for someone like Bryant, Bam, or even Favors would really help. You are so strong in the guard cats from Harden, Booker, and Lowry that Lavine doesnt actually add that much.

• Like 1

I think McGee doesn't work on your team. You won't be competitive most nights if not all nights for Blocks. I think someone like Steven Adams would be amazing for your team or even an Enes Kanter (assuming he gets 25 mins +) a game. Adams will help you lock up steals while improving your FG while Kanter will help %'s and rebounds. I would also disagree on the other poster that LaVine does not work for your team. He's going to be a high scorer with 3's so I'm thinking 25-5 which is going to help you in points which isn't found after the early rounds. 

Thanks for your input on mine!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, benjwils said:

Wow JV at 73 and Lonzo at 96 are great. I would try and boost those cats you have listed as OK with a deal for another solid big man. Lavine for someone like Bryant, Bam, or even Favors would really help. You are so strong in the guard cats from Harden, Booker, and Lowry that Lavine doesnt actually add that much.

I see Lavine as much more valuable than Bryant or Bam but agree that a potential trade of Lavine or Booker for a high level big/wing would be an option

3 minutes ago, snerpy said:

I think McGee doesn't work on your team. You won't be competitive most nights if not all nights for Blocks. I think someone like Steven Adams would be amazing for your team or even an Enes Kanter (assuming he gets 25 mins +) a game. Adams will help you lock up steals while improving your FG while Kanter will help %'s and rebounds. I would also disagree on the other poster that LaVine does not work for your team. He's going to be a high scorer with 3's so I'm thinking 25-5 which is going to help you in points which isn't found after the early rounds. 

Thanks for your input on mine!

Appreciate the thought but actually think that McGee really helps me in blocks/rbs and together with Vooch/JV/Zach Collins and more importantly Jonny Isaac makes me sneaky good there. Also Harden/Lonzo/TJ Warren are surprisingly good shot blockers as well. 

I think your team is extremely solid. Your core guards are great and I think you'll be able to win the guard cats. But I agree with one of the guys above, you definitely need to increase your blocks. Mcgee is a solid fit for your team in trying to help you win that but he won't be able to singlehandedly do it and you'd need JV to really step up in the blocks. Id say another big with the likes of Issac jv McGee and collins can really help solidify your roster. 

Edited by Flamez
  • Like 1

Thanks for you response on mine!

Punting 2 categories means you need to be solid in your other 7. It looks like warren is an odd man out since he mainly only brings you pts and % unless his 3pt% wasn't a fluke but I don't like him as a prospect on the pacers.

Couple injury risks in booker, Lowry (who wears down through the season), and JV (really worried about his injury especially on the grizzlies)

Might wanna package warren and JV or lowry early in the season if you can get a good package.

• Like 1

I think u actually have a pretty balanced team. Outside of TO, your weak cats can still manage to be competitive. I would probably drop looney and use it as a stream spot. I would even pick up someone like thybull to boost your stocks if hes available.

Help plz

• Like 1