Jump to content
NBC Sports EDGE Forums

New York Yankees 2020 Outlook


jfazz23
 Share

Recommended Posts

Any Yankees fan or researchers know who's starting in place for Stanton?

Roster Resources has Tauchman starting alongside Judge and Gardner for now but who knows.

I think I also heard Judge may not be ready to start the season..

 

Also Jordan Mont and Loaisiga are penciled in as 4th and 5th.

But the last time Mont pitched volume of innings was in 17 with 150 IP and Loaisiga hasn't topped 80 IP yet in his career.

 

Any insight into this situation?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, fingy said:

Any Yankees fan or researchers know who's starting in place for Stanton?

Roster Resources has Tauchman starting alongside Judge and Gardner for now but who knows.

I think I also heard Judge may not be ready to start the season..

 

Also Jordan Mont and Loaisiga are penciled in as 4th and 5th.

But the last time Mont pitched volume of innings was in 17 with 150 IP and Loaisiga hasn't topped 80 IP yet in his career.

 

Any insight into this situation?

Paxton is expected back in early May, while Domingo German is expected back in early June.   Montgomery and Loaisiga are front runners to hold down the 4 and 5 spots until then.  Both pitchers could have a positive impact on your team for the first couple months at little to no cost.  Just don't plan for them being of any use beyond that.  It's possible other things happen that will keep them in the rotation longer, but both of them will still have their innings limited.

The OF situation is still yet to be decided but they have a lot of options.  Andujar has been getting lots of reps in LF as expected.  Then there is Mike Tauchmann and Clint Frazier.  I give some insight into this on Andujar's outlook thread. It's really too early to say right now.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Severino, Judge, and Paxton are all beginning the year on the IL with injuries that were sustained in the 2019 season that went untreated during the offseason. Pretty remarkable that the medical staff could be that inept.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Opening day lineup something like:

1. DJ Lemahieu 2b

2. Luke Voit 1b

3. Gleyber Torres ss

4. Gary Sanchez c

5. Miguel Andujar dh

6. Clint Frazier rf 

7. Gio Urshela 3b

8. Mike Tauchman lf or cf

9. Brett Gardner cf or lf

??

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 months later...

Well it has been  out there for a long time that this was probably going on with the Yankees and this seems to at least semi-confirms it especially since the team is fighting to keep this from going public.  No need to fight it if there is nothing to hide.

Quote

U.S. District Court judge Jed S. Rakoff ruled Friday that a letter from MLB to the Yankees concerning a 2017 investigation be unsealed.

The ruling was part of a $5 million class action case brought against MLB, the Astros, and the Red Sox by DraftKings players. It was already publicly known that the Yankees were fined as a result of that 2017 investigation, but it was believed to be for the improper use of a dugout phone. However, the plaintiffs in this case allege that MLB's investigation actually found a "more serious, sign-stealing scheme" and that the letter from MLB to the Yankees showed commissioner Rob Manfred's "duplicity." Both MLB and the Yankees are trying to keep the letter sealed from public view, with New York arguing that it's disclosure would result in "significant" damage to the team's reputation. Judge Rakoff wrote that the Yankees and MLB have until Monday at noon ET to submit a "minimally redacted" letter to protect the "privacy interests" of the people mentioned. Stay tuned.

Source: NJ.com                 Jun 13, 2020, 11:16 AM ET

I said all along that other teams were doing it and not just Houston sign stealing or the minor video stuff the Sox did and that the Yankees were at the top of the list of many suspect teams.  Looks like the cat might be out of the bag soon.  And just what baseball needs as fans are upset already at the continued botched "negotiations" to re-open the game.  If they had gotten this taken care of properly earlier it would be a lot better for baseball right now.

Edited by The Big Bat Theory
Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

Well it has been  out there for a long time that this was probably going on with the Yankees and this seems to at least semi-confirms it especially since the team is fighting to keep this from going public.  No need to fight it if there is nothing to hide.

I said all along that other teams were doing it and not just Houston sign stealing or the minor video stuff the Sox did and that the Yankees were at the top of the list of many suspect teams.  Looks like the cat might be out of the bag soon.  And just what baseball needs as fans are upset already at the continued botched "negotiations" to re-open the game.  If they had gotten this taken care of properly earlier it would be a lot better for baseball right now.

So the new news is news we knew already? Lol

The league caught them, told them to stop and they did. Boston and Houston on the other hand....

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, BxBOMBERs28 said:

So the new news is news we knew already? Lol

The league caught them, told them to stop and they did. Boston and Houston on the other hand....

Boston and Houston stopped too as they just got slapped with penalties though Boston's video guy violation seems less of a violation than a whole Yankee sign stealing scheme.  Yet New York was let off with a dugout telephone violation warning instead with no mention of the sign stealing scheme?  Something is really fishy.   No wonder MLB and the Yankees don't want the info to get out.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

Boston and Houston stopped too as they just got slapped with penalties though Boston's video guy violation seems less of a violation than a whole Yankee sign stealing scheme.  Yet New York was let off with a dugout telephone violation warning instead with no mention of the sign stealing scheme?  Something is really fishy.   No wonder MLB and the Yankees don't want the info to get out.

Boston and Houston did not stop. Check your facts before you try to shift your cheater guilt to the Yankees. Ooo look they cheated too! Lmao 

Edited by BxBOMBERs28
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

See new Tweets

Conversation

 
 
 
8suCaXa2_reasonably_small.jpg
 
Don’t expect big revelations about the Yankees and sign stealing in letter reported on. MLB thoroughly investigated complaint against NYY at the time, issued the fine we know about. The league has long been convinced there isn’t much there with Yanks on this issue.
10:11 AM · Jun 13, 2020·Twitter for iPhone
 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, kmoore1521 said:

Then lets see the letter if there "isnt much there" lol

Yeah, NY seems pretty desperate to keep the stuff hidden.  Today they officially appealed:

Quote

The Yankees have appealed a ruling from U.S. District Court judge Jed S. Rakoff that a letter from MLB regarding a 2017 investigation be unsealed.

Rakoff ruled on Friday that the letter from MLB to the Yankees be unsealed. The decision resulted from a $5 million class action lawsuit against the Astros, Red Sox, and MLB from DraftKings players. The plaintiffs allege that the Yankees were involved in a "more serious, sign-stealing scheme" as opposed what was believed to be a minor infraction involving a dugout phone. The Yankees and MLB are going to fight to keep the specifics of the findings under wraps, which isn't going to help quell the conspiracy theories and speculation.

Source: Evan Drellich on Twitter           Jun 15, 2020, 11:44 AM ET

Dragging this out in the courts?  This is going to get ugly.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

3 hours ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

Yeah, NY seems pretty desperate to keep the stuff hidden.  Today they officially appealed:

Dragging this out in the courts?  This is going to get ugly.

You should be a detective! 🤣

Can report that Manfred's letter to Yankees in 2017 did not say Yankees engaged in sign stealing. MLB's department of investigations did not find any evidence of violations by in '17. Story up shortly to explain why NYY still want letter sealed.
3:05 PM · Jun 13, 2020·Twitter Web App
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, BxBOMBERs28 said:

 

You should be a detective! 🤣

Can report that Manfred's letter to Yankees in 2017 did not say Yankees engaged in sign stealing. MLB's department of investigations did not find any evidence of violations by in '17. Story up shortly to explain why NYY still want letter sealed.
3:05 PM · Jun 13, 2020·Twitter Web App

 

Someone in the Yankees camp claims they didn't cheat? That's enough for me because clearly, we should all take him for his word.

Sherlock, is that you?!

Edited by ThreadKiller
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yankees keep things sealed for now.  Only Deep throat or the appeal can help us now.

Quote

U.S. District Court judge Jed S. Rakoff has officially stayed the unsealing of the 2017 MLB letter to the Yankees until an appeal is heard.

Evan Drellich of the The Athletic notes that this was an expected move. Rakoff ruled last week that the letter from Major League Baseball to the Yankees regarding a possible sign-stealing scheme should be unsealed, but MLB and the Yankees both appealed that ruling, and the appeal likely won't be heard until August. Again, this all stems from a $5 million class action lawsuit on behalf of DraftKings players.

Source: Evan Drellich on Twitter                        Jun 17, 2020, 12:34 PM ET

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...