NBC Sports Edge Forums

New York Yankees 2020 Outlook

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and with this Stanton news I reiterate.......

No canceled cause of the storm

thanks for clarifying. for a second there i thought zips was our new manager. 

2 hours ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

Yankees keep things sealed for now.  Only Deep throat or the appeal can help us now.

We know where you stand on cheating in baseball. Recap the BBT theory. Teams cheat they are suppose to try to get any advantage possible. Cheating has been around since the 1880’s so if your team cheats you happen to think it doesn’t matter. Afterall didn’t you happen to think the Astros did nothing wrong? So, why is this scandal even on your radar?

I think we have a Red Sox fan who needs the Yankees to be guilty so they will feel just a little bit better. Possibility? Coincidence? Cadence? lol😀🤔

15 minutes ago, shakestreet said:

We know where you stand on cheating in baseball. Recap the BBT theory. Teams cheat they are suppose to try to get any advantage possible. Cheating has been around since the 1880’s so if your team cheats you happen to think it doesn’t matter. Afterall didn’t you happen to think the Astros did nothing wrong? So, why is this scandal even on your radar?

I think we have a Red Sox fan who needs the Yankees to be guilty so they will feel just a little bit better. Possibility? Coincidence? Cadence? lol😀🤔

I think we have a baseball fan that wants a level playing field.  I'm all for stealing signs if you can but not punishing some teams and not others when you do.  By showing more (or most) teams are doing this as a matter or routine then the better chance for MLB to come of it's high horse and realize they just need to change the way pitchers receive their signals in the 21st century.

In the meantime I would not be adverse to the Yankees receiving a 2nd round draft penalty too especially since it seems that there might have been more than some lone video guy involved here.   😎

Edited by The Big Bat Theory
  • Like 1
36 minutes ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

I think we have a baseball fan that wants a level playing field.  I'm all for stealing signs if you can but not punishing some teams and not others when you do.  By showing more (or most) teams are doing this as a matter or routine then the better chance for MLB to come of it's high horse and realize they just need to change the way pitchers receive their signals in the 21st century.

In the meantime I would not be adverse to the Yankees receiving a 2nd round draft penalty too especially since it seems that there might have been more than some lone video guy involved here.   😎

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/29323748/mlb-sends-latest-plan-players-leaders-meet

• 1 month later...

https://empiresportsmedia.com/new-york-yankees/yankees-domingo-german-suggests-retirement-in-cryptic-instagram-post/

He wrote, in his official (and verified) Instagram account @domingogermandr: “Todo aquel marca su historia en ambos lados, creo que marqué la mía en el #yankeestadium si decido no regresar quedaré orgulloso de mi esfuerzo en 11 años de carrera. Dios bendiga a todo aquel que me apoyó #cadalococonsutema.”

The translation would be: “Each person leaves its mark in both sides, I believe I left mine at #yankeestadium if I decide not to come back, I’ll be proud of my effort and work in my 11-year career. God bless eveybody who supported me.”

Rotoworld on it:

Domingo German posted on his personal Instagram page Friday that he has "left baseball."

The short message, translated from Spanish: “I’ve left baseball. Thanks everyone.” German is not eligible to participate in MLB's upcoming 60-game season after getting suspended 81 games in January for a domestic violence incident, and it seems as though he doesn't plan on returning in 2021. The right-hander is only 27 years old and he won 18 games for the Yankees last season. This is an odd development.

Source: Bryan Hoch on Twitter                     Jul 17, 2020, 8:42 PM ET

Weird wonder what this actually means.  Is it literally true or is he drunk and pissed he is suspended and lashing out only to take it all back tomorrow.

17 hours ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

Rotoworld on it:

Weird wonder what this actually means.  Is it literally true or is he drunk and pissed he is suspended and lashing out only to take it all back tomorrow.

Another rocket scientist. Seriously, can this year get any more screwed up?  Can't imagine he foregoes millions in his career.

So now the post was deleted?

Yankees manager Aaron Boone said the situation with Domingo German is "very unclear" after the pitcher indicated he was leaving baseball in an Instagram post Friday night.

"There hasn't been much contact between him and the team," Boone added. German has since deleted the post, so his sudden "retirement" probably should be taken with a huge grain of salt. German is ineligible to pitch for the Yankees during the regular season after receiving an 81-game domestic violence suspension in January.

Source: Bryan Hoch on Twitter                    Jul 18, 2020, 5:06 PM ET

Some guy in one of my dynasty leagues panicked and already dropped him, hah.  It's FAAB so a lot of owners will be shooting their wad on him in a few days I imagine.

3 minutes ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

So now the post was deleted?

Some guy in one of my dynasty leagues panicked and already dropped him, hah.  It's FAAB so a lot of owners will be shooting their wad on him in a few days I imagine.

WTF ... what a leaguemate. Booted from the league. lol 

3 hours ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

It's the 2020 thing.  People are acting crazy in general.  An otherwise longtime smart and savvy owner goes a bit bonkers suddenly.  What a nutty year it has been so far.

Yeah but in a dynasty, who possibly could have been on the wire that was worth the drop lol?

1 hour ago, secretagentman said:

Yeah but in a dynasty, who possibly could have been on the wire that was worth the drop lol?

No one.  Absolutely nobody.  But again it is all about 2020 being the year that nothing is working out well.  German makes a crazy tweet and a manager in a fantasy dynasty reacts with more craziness.

And ... retirement is over:

Domingo German has retracted his Instagram post from Friday night and says he looks forward to returning to the Yankees organization.

German, who wrote last night that he had "left baseball," is ineligible to play during the regular season this year because of a domestic violence suspension. Here's to this being the last time we hear from him until next year.

Source: Lindsey Adler on Twitter                 Jul 18, 2020, 7:15 PM ET

3 hours ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

No one.  Absolutely nobody.  But again it is all about 2020 being the year that nothing is working out well.  German makes a crazy tweet and a manager in a fantasy dynasty reacts with more craziness.

I had a guy drop him in a dynasty league as well, he didn't even pick anyone up to replace him

• Like 1
9 hours ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

14 hours ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

It's the 2020 thing.  People are acting crazy in general.  An otherwise longtime smart and savvy owner goes a bit bonkers suddenly.  What a nutty year it has been so far.

IMO I sure wouldn’t be giving this leaguemate any damn excuses about the year 2020. That was a clownmove. 

Yankees should have a good time this year as Boston lost all of its pitchers.  Their rotation looks like crap. Baltimore is also garbage. Jays improved but their pitchers seem kinda old or injury prone.  Tampa got some pitching but also some age/ injury concerns.

It’s weird to think of the Yanks as a team of underrated underdogs but in a way they are due to all the injuries they had. Last night I drafted and Judge went for 16, Stanton 18, Lemahieu 10 and Urshela 3, Torres was the top guy at 22.

• 3 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Ecofolux said:

Yankees are playing tomorrow, right? I'm getting mixed articles but I think the official one is August 4th, 6:05pm vs PHI

7 hours ago, Kramjam24 said:

No canceled cause of the storm

Yeah they are scheduled to play the Phillies but have been hurricaned-out.  But sites like Baseball Press are just as mixed up as us since they also list them a second time playing the O's in Baltimore which they did already in that "pop-up" series they rescheduled on the fly last week haha.

3 hours ago, shakestreet said:

I heard a doubleheader Wednesday 

this

yanks will get one home game even tho its in philly

this is a 110 win team easily

Edited by jfazz23
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, jfazz23 said:

this

yanks will get one home game even tho its in philly

this is a 110 win team easily

They can hit if everyone is healthy...Stanton looks like a new man with a better approach.  Outside of Sanchez (still clueless) I do not see any red flags on the offensive side.  The pitching I still worry with Paxton and Happ.  They are going to need to rely on Montgomery imo.  They are definitely helped by the fact that that most of their AL rivals are weaker this year.

• Like 1