NBC Sports Edge Forums

Zach Pascal 2019 Outlook

7 hours ago, BGDDYKWL said:

Anyone deemed a starter who was out and is now back dings his value, I think that's just common sense. Although if I had to bet I'd say the effect is minimal. 

Not when that starter is replacing another injured player

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Anyone deemed a starter who was out and is now back dings his value, I think that's just common sense. Although if I had to bet I'd say the effect is minimal. 

Yes, I finally got one right!  Looked really good out there!

ding ding ding

On 12/5/2019 at 5:38 PM, yanksman said:

Lol wut 

Just asking you to explain how Campbell's return hurts Pascal's value anymore than a guy like Chester Rogers (who Campbell is essentially replacing since he's been placed on IR).

Because Campbell has draft equity in in Indy and isnt a butterfinger bum like Cheetah Rogers

9 targets, 5-74-1.  12 yard TD late in the third quarter.  Long reception of 37 yards.

At halftime, I think at the time this guy was sitting at 1 completion for 9 yards.  Brisset was looking awful outside of the quick long TD pass to some no name dude at the beginning of the game.  But obviously he picked it up a little towards the end of the game.

What are people doing with this guy?  Is he possibly startable next week in fantasy semis?  It would be a huge roll of the dice.  At this stage, if a guy isn't going to start for you, my opinion is the bench spot is better used for a high end RB handcuff.

Any thoughts on this guy?

Pros:

2 straight solid games as the guy.

10 targets and 9 targets respectively. 19 total

NO is very difficult to run on, but according to yahoo give up the 3rd most points to WRS.

NO is probably going to put up points and be PISSED after blowing it against San Fran, and they need to win for a #1 or #2 seed for a 1st round bye.  Could force Brisset to throw ALOT.

Without TY he will be the unquestioned #1 target, with Doyle.

Cons:

TY could play albeit limited, but when that happened with Houston, Pascal stunk and got no targets.

Lattimore could shadow him and shut him down.

Not an especially elite talent to overcome shadowing.

As we saw against the Texans, Colts would love to run the ball 45 times a game and let the play clock go down to 1 before snapping. Less volume.

He had 2 duds as the guy before the Texans game as the guy. 

Edited by nmartinez12443
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, nmartinez12443 said:

Any thoughts on this guy?

Pros:

2 straight solid games as the guy.

10 targets and 9 targets respectively. 19 total

NO is very difficult to run on, but according to yahoo give up the 3rd most points to WRS.

NO is probably going to put up points and be PISSED after blowing it against San Fran, and they need to win for a #1 or #2 seed for a 1st round bye.  Could force Brisset to throw ALOT.

Without TY he will be the unquestioned #1 target, with Doyle.

Cons:

TY could play albeit limited, but when that happened with Houston, Pascal stunk and got no targets.

Lattimore could shadow him and shut him down.

Not an especially elite talent to overcome shadowing.

As we saw against the Texans, Colts would love to run the ball 45 times a game and let the play clock go down to 1 before snapping. Less volume.

He had 2 duds as the guy before the Texans game as the guy. 

Colts have a backup throwing to a bunch of second stringer WRs and facing Lattimore. Just too much risk for me this week.

Hilton has been a decoy before.

I don't expect him to play at all. If he does he will be a "decoy". Mack is the top scoring player for the Colts imo.

Coach Frank Reich confirmed T.Y. Hilton (calf) is a game-time decision for the Colts' Monday night matchup against the Saints.

Hilton is a candidate to see shadow coverage from Marshon Lattimore if active. Further complicating matters is the team's decision to limit both his snaps and deep routes previously this season when the long-time No. 1 WR was attempting to again play through an injury. Reich did note, "Hilton got good work in, solid work. Might get there by Monday night. If he plays, he's 100 percent. Won't be a pitch count." Hilton also clarified that Saturday was a scheduled day off from practice and not related to a setback of any kind. It's difficult to trust Hilton as anything more than an upside WR3 at best due to the potential for limited snaps as well as his performance in 2019. Hilton has scored five touchdowns in seven games this season, but cleared 75 yards just once. Fantasy managers should look to Zach Pascal or Marcus Johnson as potential last-second waiver wire additions if Hilton is ultimately sidelined.

Dec 14, 2019, 2:15 PM ET

Why is everybody acting like TY potentially playing would kill any value Pascal may have?

Even in the event that TY plays and isn’t a decoy, wouldn’t that just take attention away from Lattimore and open up more opportunity for Pascal?

I know there’s always the concern that the Colts will spend 80% of their offensive drives running the ball and bleeding the clock down, but going up against the Saints in New Orleans, in what I’m pretty sure is an elimination game for them (even though they’re basically already eliminated), I think they’ll be forced to play it a little less conservatively than usual.

I started Pascal hoping he’d give me somewhere between 7-14 points (standard scoring in my case), I don’t think that projected range drops too significantly if Hilton is active.