Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Luke Kennard 2019-2020 Outlook


Recommended Posts

42 minutes ago, DiscoNinja33 said:

 

I wouldn't be too concerned to be honest. 

When everyone is healthy i think Reggie backs up Rose at PG. 

Svi backs up Kennard at SG or Svi takes Snells spot at the 3. 


When Luke was balling with big assist numbers he was starting next to Bruce Brown. DRose is way more ball dominant, so unless they bench him and maybe buy out Reggie it might be tough for Luke to get the same kind of heavy usage. Even without Blake/Drummond the ball just might not get to him enough.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Looks like best case scenario happened for Luke this trade deadline, staying put in Detroit and Drummond gone. Will he be healthy enough to be a difference maker down the stretch?  

I held Kennard.  I was going to drop Kennard tonight for someone to hold Simmons in IL, but now that there's news, I might just wait and take this week's loss with a dead weight. I personally lik

👀

4 hours ago, Eltoro said:


When Luke was balling with big assist numbers he was starting next to Bruce Brown. DRose is way more ball dominant, so unless they bench him and maybe buy out Reggie it might be tough for Luke to get the same kind of heavy usage. Even without Blake/Drummond the ball just might not get to him enough.


I get where your’e coming from. But to your point Griffin & Drumm are gone. As far as usage goes...theres a massive void . And dont tell me Wood and Doum are gonna soak up all those shots/touches. Luke is talented, health permitting he should do just fine when he returns. Yeah maybe slight down tick in assists , since Andre was such a great rim runner. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Luke will very likely be the 1b option on offense with Rose when he comes back. He gets buckets and is a great playmaker and is going to have monster usage - formula for big numbers. Wood and Sekou aren't exactly super usage heavy players.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

You guys are probably right. I just feel like DRose, Reggie, Svi, and Bruce Brown is a lot of minutes/usage chewed up. And given that they were trying to deal him, I'm not sure Kennard is the automatic 1a or 1b option when he returns.   
 

It's weird that they didn't clear more minutes for the young guys by dealing Rose, Reggie, and Kieff. The lineup down the stretch should have been Brown/Luke/Svi/Sekou/Wood (or Wood/Maker if Sekou isn't ready). Instead you've got all these weird vets clogging up development opportunities. It's sort of like the Knicks but not quite as bad.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, I've got Nurk holed up in my IL and I'd also love to drop Melo for Luke, but the lack of return date is worrying.

I'm holding for now, but given the Pistons are moving on from RJax means they're embracing the rebuild.  Kennard really doesn't have much to deal with in terms of competition either, and without Drummond, Blake, or RJax, there's a ton of usage to go around.

EDIT: Strike that, I dropped Nurk for him.  I guess my reasoning is that the Pistons wouldn't give up RJax if they were only playing BB and D-Rose as their only guards, meaning Kennard must at least be somewhat closer.

Edited by MWon
Link to post
Share on other sites

I think he should be picked up. Pistons are finally going for youth movement and Kennard, Brown and Wood will continue being the beneficiaries. Other than Rose, Kennard is probably the best pure scorer on the team so he should get all the run he can handle

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, MWon said:

Yeah, I've got Nurk holed up in my IL and I'd also love to drop Melo for Luke, but the lack of return date is worrying.

I'm holding for now, but given the Pistons are moving on from RJax means they're embracing the rebuild.  Kennard really doesn't have much to deal with in terms of competition either, and without Drummond, Blake, or RJax, there's a ton of usage to go around.

Made the move and dropped R Jax for this guy. Rotoworld blurbs as unreliable as they are have always stated hes most likely coming back shortly after this break so in danger of missing out, I grabbed him.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Johnnyapplebot said:

Made the move and dropped R Jax for this guy. Rotoworld blurbs as unreliable as they are have always stated hes most likely coming back shortly after this break so in danger of missing out, I grabbed him.

 

Haha, yeah I updated my previous post before I saw yours.  I made the move already as well.  I suppose if you've got an open IL, it's far less risky.  R-Jax has much less usage with MM, Kawhi, and PG, and the Clips already have a slew of guards.  RJax really only makes sense if the Clips stay injured.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, MWon said:

 

Haha, yeah I updated my previous post before I saw yours.  I made the move already as well.  I suppose if you've got an open IL, it's far less risky.  R-Jax has much less usage with MM, Kawhi, and PG, and the Clips already have a slew of guards.  RJax really only makes sense if the Clips stay injured.

Yeah no IL in my league but like you said RJax is mostly useless now with so many weapons in LA.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Eltoro said:

Ugh just waffling on snagging Kennard for Jabari. No timetable and worse playoff schedule for Kennard is the only thing holding me back. 

 

In a keeper league so Kennard was a no brainer for me. Plus I trust the Pistons giving him more minutes better than the Kings giving Jabari more run - despite reports of the Kings having liked Jabari for a while, it's hard to trust Walton lol

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, m1dday said:

 

In a keeper league so Kennard was a no brainer for me. Plus I trust the Pistons giving him more minutes better than the Kings giving Jabari more run - despite reports of the Kings having liked Jabari for a while, it's hard to trust Walton lol

Don't forget about Bruce brown.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, DezedandConfused said:

Don't forget about Bruce brown.

 

Yeah for sure. It's only really Kennard is a better fit for my build right now - plus can't have too many Pistons for the playoffs since I also have Wood already lol

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...