NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Joe Ingles 2019-2020 Outlook

chimera

• 2 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, DiscoNinja33 said:

Ranked 163rd the last 2 months and 326th the last 2 weeks. 

Surely there is something better on your wire. 

Hes on the wire for me. competitive league. When conley was out he was playing so well. Literally a top 50 player. That upside is hard to ignore.

Sigh.  Very frustrating and killing my team recently for weeks on end.  Not scoring, low FG%, and no steals.  Thought he would turn it around after his hot streak without Conley, but now has reverted back to his sixth wheel low efficiency self.  It's like if he doesn't try to shoot much, he doesn't bother stealing the ball either. 

I’m hoping this is just coach toying with his roster. Hopefully, Conley bombs and then it’s another switch to Ingles starting - Conley running the bench squad.

the numbers are real. The offense runs better through ingles. 

so maybe this is simply a coach getting his rotation questions answers before the playoffs.

8 minutes ago, Ray Barboni said:

I’m hoping this is just coach toying with his roster. Hopefully, Conley bombs and then it’s another switch to Ingles starting - Conley running the bench squad.

the numbers are real. The offense runs better through ingles. 

so maybe this is simply a coach getting his rotation questions answers before the playoffs.

Again blaming Conley when Ingles has just been playing like trash. Ingles has just been in a really bad shooting slump starting or not, even in games where Conley hasn't played spanning over 2 weeks.

44 minutes ago, DezedandConfused said:

Again blaming Conley when Ingles has just been playing like trash. Ingles has just been in a really bad shooting slump starting or not, even in games where Conley hasn't played spanning over 2 weeks.

you don’t understand basketball. It’s ok - I’ve gathered that you don’t understand much of anything. It happens when you spend your daze confused, slurping Mountain Dew and wondering why your socks are so crusty.

it’s really quite simple here, if you’d like to follow along? 

Ingles is best suited to play the facilitator, in the first unit. His career stats back that up, don’t bother yourself with looking at that though - there’s lots of numbers and stuff.

I’m not “blaming” Conley for anything - it’s just a simple fact that he hasn’t fit, or worked out in his new Utah home.

is there anything else that I need to clear up for you? 

1 minute ago, Ray Barboni said:

you don’t understand basketball. It’s ok - I’ve gathered that you don’t understand much of anything. It happens when you spend your daze confused, slurping Mountain Dew and wondering why your socks are so crusty.

it’s really quite simple here, if you’d like to follow along? 

Ingles is best suited to play the facilitator, in the first unit. His career stats back that up, don’t bother yourself with looking at that though - there’s lots of numbers and stuff.

I’m not “blaming” Conley for anything - it’s just a simple fact that he hasn’t fit, or worked out in his new Utah home.

is there anything else that I need to clear up for you? 

lol the only boomer sippin Dew is you. It's been less than 40 games, team chemistry takes time and it's up to the coaching staff to figure it out. With injuries throughout the season they haven't been able to establish that. Not just saying it to you but lot of the posters here are correlating Conley and Ingles' shooting woes. Ingles is facilitating when he is on the floor, the problem is he's in a bad shooting slump. Also offense hasn't really been the problem for this team, it has been on the defensive end where Conley has played a part but it's not all on him. 

5 minutes ago, DezedandConfused said:

lol the only boomer sippin Dew is you. It's been less than 40 games, team chemistry takes time and it's up to the coaching staff to figure it out. With injuries throughout the season they haven't been able to establish that. Not just saying it to you but lot of the posters here are correlating Conley and Ingles' shooting woes. Ingles is facilitating when he is on the floor, the problem is he's in a bad shooting slump. Also offense hasn't really been the problem for this team, it has been on the defensive end where Conley has played a part but it's not all on him. 

oh ... so you’re a Conley owner. Cool story, I think there’s a thread for that. You should share your thoughts there.

Ingles is the better fit in that offense. There isn’t anything you can say to change that. I don’t care how long it takes for Conley to “learn” the offense. The FACTS are ... that the team is better when Ingles is the lead facilitator. 

what are you going to say now? Facts are facts. 

1 minute ago, Ray Barboni said:

oh ... so you’re a Conley owner. Cool story, I think there’s a thread for that. You should share your thoughts there.

Ingles is the better fit in that offense. There isn’t anything you can say to change that. I don’t care how long it takes for Conley to “learn” the offense. The FACTS are ... that the team is better when Ingles is the lead facilitator. 

what are you going to say now? Facts are facts. 

Their lead facilitator is Mitchell and I never said anything about Ingles facilitating being the problem, his shooting has been.

3 minutes ago, DezedandConfused said:

Their lead facilitator is Mitchell and I never said anything about Ingles facilitating being the problem, his shooting has been.

you keep missing the point. I said the TEAM is better when Ingles is the lead facilitator. I’m not talking about shooting %

I’m talking plus/minus team efficiency. Ingles wins that. No discussion.

Mitchell is the alpha, of course - but that’s not what we are talking about here.

how about you go and check Ingles stats without Conley in the lineup. 

there’s a real correlation there, bud.