NBC Sports Edge Forums

Golden State Warriors 2019-2020 Outlook

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Curry is like the most accommodating leader/superstar in the NBA. Players know this. They saw it. Ain’t no way they’ll believe KD’s word over Curry’s rep.

I'm no dubs sympathizer, but people seem to forget the Warriors got where they were because of being an exceptionally well-run team that pushed forward the sport's evolution. They're not about to roll

They should be better than the Suns, Grizzlies, T'Wolves, and Kings. Pelicans and Thunder are a stretch.

Scratch that. Pelicans have them beat. The rest of the field, no. But it's a long season. Who knows. Warriors defense is laughable tho.

They had their 5 years of dominance. They got their new arena now lets see how many fans they lose this season and next. I cant see any big time free agents joining them anytime soon to be honest with the way KD kept saying he never felt he waas apart of them.

1 minute ago, Johnnyapplebot said:

They had their 5 years of dominance. They got their new arena now lets see how many fans they lose this season and next. I cant see any big time free agents joining them anytime soon to be honest with the way KD kept saying he never felt he waas apart of them.

Tbf tho, they had fans ever since the bygone days ( Jason Richardson, Monte Ellis, etc... ). And KD is a sensitive person. It's not everyone elses fault for what he did, which was breaking the league balance.

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, Johnnyapplebot said:

KD is a cupcake. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
Just now, Trench Mob said:

Tbf tho, they had fans ever since the bygone days ( Jason Richardson, Monte Ellis, etc... ). And KD is a sensitive person. It's not everyone elses fault for what he did, which was breaking the league balance.

Yeah but that backlash though with the contrast kawhi got for convincing someone to join him on a fresh new team with really no superstars thats going to be the new norm again. No superstar is joining this team until curry and klay and green are getting close to if not already past their prime.

I'm no dubs sympathizer, but people seem to forget the Warriors got where they were because of being an exceptionally well-run team that pushed forward the sport's evolution. They're not about to roll over and die. This is a lost season, but if they go into next year with Steph Klay Dray and Dangelo (or whatever assets they flip him for), that's a core you can absolutely build around for a couple more years. They just need to figure out how to get some depth back. I wouldn't bet against them long term.

• Like 4

They are still a playoff team. Probably a 7 or 8 seed, but still a playoff team. Steph will give them a shot in almost every game as he can get so hot in a hurry. I'm not personally a big fan of DLo but he can score and give you 20 any given night. Draymond will do his Draymond stuff. There's a lot of youth and honestly, G-league type players around them but it's not like they were really that deep the past season or two. Iggy is a playoff piece, not a regular season guy anymore. Livingston was good for his 6-8 points or whatever. They'll miss that veteran leadership but those guys didn't really score much for them. One other point, the Clippers are gonna make almost every team look bad against them. They are the real deal as someone else said but they don't even have PG yet. They should be the clear favorites to win it all at this point and they could still add Iggy and pretty much lock it down for sure. It's only one game for the Warriors, they will get better as the youth gets more experience and the vets learn to play with them. 

As a Dubs fan, I'm not hesitant to admit that trading D-Lo mid-season makes all the sense in the world. I don't like his fit with the way Dubs have run things in the past, especially his lack of defensive aptitude. The pick and roll focus is bad enough, that's just not what I see making them their best with Klay and Steph still there, and Dray running things unconventionally with big man passing. 

Other than that, if they come back with Steph/Klay/Dray strong next year, and complement them with WCS, Looney, and two players that they traded D-Lo for who can score and D it up, they are going to be tough again in 20-21... tough... not saying they get back to where they were, but at least they have potential to be a legit title contender as soon as next year. But I personally don't see it with D-Lo being there. He is a poor culture fit IMO.

• Haha 1

So many hot takes in this thread I burned my hand clicking the link

Warriors may miss the playoffs sure, but let's not take 1 game as indication they are going to be an awful team. There are going to be some growing pains.

13 hours ago, Trench Mob said:

The most fun where the "we belive" teams where steph was emerging and they beat the #1 seed (dallas) as an #8 seed. 

Oracle was full and raucus

• Like 1

I actually think they'd be better served by having a down season and getting a high draft pick in a strong draft now rather than in a few years when they don't have their pick.

Steph + Dray + Klay + whoever they get for Dlo + Draft pick + Looney + current rookies  would be a fun team again

• Like 1

One game in and people calling them dead in the water.

People really underplaying Curry being one of the most selfless superstars of all time. KD's fam-indictment more reflective on him than GSW.

They played a team that will take time to figure out. Clippers look insanely good.

Signed,

Someone who doesn't even like the Warriors.

11 hours ago, chaiway said:

The most fun where the "we belive" teams where steph was emerging and they beat the #1 seed (dallas) as an #8 seed. 

Oracle was full and raucus

Steph wasn't on the We Believe teams. Maybe you're talking about a young Monta, who indeed was emerging throughout those years?

• tonycpsu changed the title to Golden State Warriors 2019-2020 Outlook