NBC Sports Edge Forums

Golden State Warriors 2019-2020 Outlook

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Curry is like the most accommodating leader/superstar in the NBA. Players know this. They saw it. Ain’t no way they’ll believe KD’s word over Curry’s rep.

I'm no dubs sympathizer, but people seem to forget the Warriors got where they were because of being an exceptionally well-run team that pushed forward the sport's evolution. They're not about to roll

1 minute ago, deathrazor said:

Would have preferred if they spent the max money they gave DLo for some quality role players.

We couldn't. We were /are maxed out. We could only trade at that stage

You know the situation is dire when you look at the roster and you think "Wow someone like Quinn Cook would be a real improvement". 

GSW may as well start filtering through G-League players on 10 day contracts just to see if they can find a shooter.

Edited by ComeOnAndSlam

From a fantasy perspective, this is a team to keep an eye on. Someone else is going to have to step up, and if they don't, they probably ditch DLo for assets before the deadline. In either case, there are likely one or two guys besides their big 3 who end up delivering good fantasy value.

Today, the only player who stood out to me was Spellman. 9 / 8 / 2 / 2 / 3 with a triple in 25 mins. He was also +1 in a game they lost by 28. He's their only big who can shoot (34% from deep last year), so if he can improve on that he probably becomes a starter.

• Like 1

This game against the thunder was horrible. it was actually painful to watch, they desperately need willie cauley-stein to come back and they need another 3-D wing at least a bootleg klay thompson that can guard the point guard (Dlo & Curry are a bit undersized and this game exposed them as they were pressed up on by taller guards such as terrence ferguson and Shai). They have to stick to their system and work with the talent they have. I don't see the warriors being like this all season long they eventually have to bring in some role players and some veterans cause as of right now curry is literally the oldest player on the team.

3 minutes ago, shiftysaj said:

This game against the thunder was horrible. it was actually painful to watch, they desperately need willie cauley-stein to come back and they need another 3-D wing at least a bootleg klay thompson that can guard the point guard (Dlo & Curry are a bit undersized and this game exposed them as they were pressed up on by taller guards such as terrence ferguson and Shai). They have to stick to their system and work with the talent they have. I don't see the warriors being like this all season long they eventually have to bring in some role players and some veterans cause as of right now curry is literally the oldest player on the team.

on this, we still have Alec Burks to come back

ok look, he can't really defend, but hey he's a big guard

(somebody hold me)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
16 minutes ago, mattshhh said:

From a fantasy perspective, this is a team to keep an eye on. Someone else is going to have to step up, and if they don't, they probably ditch DLo for assets before the deadline. In either case, there are likely one or two guys besides their big 3 who end up delivering good fantasy value.

Today, the only player who stood out to me was Spellman. 9 / 8 / 2 / 2 / 3 with a triple in 25 mins. He was also +1 in a game they lost by 28. He's their only big who can shoot (34% from deep last year), so if he can improve on that he probably becomes a starter.

I thought that D'Lo would be that asset to step up but so far, he hasn't proveto be that. Perhaps things will improve a bit when WCS plays and they can get ball movement flowing. If D'lo can't hit 3's then the paint needs to be less congested as it is now. 

No need to panic. They got this. Joe Lacob said it himself:

“We’ve crushed them on the basketball court, and we’re going to for years because of the way we’ve built this team,” Lacob told Bruce Schoenfeld of the New York Times. “We’re light-years ahead of probably every other team in structure, in planning, in how we’re going to go about things."

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/warriors/joe-lacob-warriors-light-years-ahead-rest-nba%3famp

1 hour ago, WhiskerFrisker said:

I thought that D'Lo would be that asset to step up but so far, he hasn't proveto be that. Perhaps things will improve a bit when WCS plays and they can get ball movement flowing. If D'lo can't hit 3's then the paint needs to be less congested as it is now. 

If Dlo keep playing this way, both his rl and fantasy trade value may go as low as wiggins. Might as well do the swap both irl and fantasy.

4 minutes ago, ber said:

If Dlo keep playing this way, both his rl and fantasy trade value may go as low as wiggins. Might as well do the swap both irl and fantasy.

As the designated warriors delegate on this forum, we politely decline your offer 

Thank you and please don't call again 

• Haha 1
3 hours ago, boytoy said:

Give Melo a chance! Cant get any worse lol

Honestly they should. He couldn’t do any worse at this point. Just let him pound the ball.

I am really not sure this team wins more than 30 games. I can’t imagine them beating any good teams on a consistent basis. 

At this point they actually really need Alec Burks. I am watching him very closely because once he is back he is going to have all the opportunity in the world because besides Steph and Dlo none of these other dudes can consistently score.

1 hour ago, Tekno Team 2000 said:

Honestly they should. He couldn’t do any worse at this point. Just let him pound the ball.

I am really not sure this team wins more than 30 games. I can’t imagine them beating any good teams on a consistent basis. 

On this, we literally can't as we don't have a roster spot and we are maxed out 

On 10/25/2019 at 12:43 AM, Trench Mob said:

They should be better than the Suns, Grizzlies, T'Wolves, and Kings. Pelicans and Thunder are a stretch.

Scratch that. Pelicans have them beat. The rest of the field, no. But it's a long season. Who knows. Warriors defense is laughable tho.

Pelicans are 0-3 and without Zion they won’t make the playoffs. Thunder just SMASHED GS and Wolves are 3-0 and look nice

• tonycpsu changed the title to Golden State Warriors 2019-2020 Outlook