NBC Sports Edge Forums

Eric "Non-Spicy P" Paschall 2019-2020 Outlook

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There’s a theme/bias with the sleepers josh likes, he too often tries to go against the grain and almost all the prospects he likes are roto friendly defense first types (Clarke, Looney, derrick white

not at 10 fga and off the bench, he doesn’t offer enough statistical/peripheral diversity to justify it. russell took away one of his main strengths, scoring.

it’s the style, watch Paschalls highlights Vs Charlotte on ‘smart highlights’ (YouTube), you’ll see what I mean. There’s a ton of crosses and guard like dribbles that didn’t make it to the downtobuck

Some of these critical takes are just way off..

”he only has value because curry is out”, umm.. yeah, that’s the whole point?

curry isn’t coming back soon, Russell isn’t a part of their future.

I love how Josh Lloyd and pundits wishfully think looney and green are somehow going to affect Paschall. He’s scored more in his first few games than Looney did most of last season. 

I do not understand this man crush (Looney) on an offensively mediocre defense first big. Green isn’t a scorer, he’s a playmaker, he can’t shoot, can’t drive, and most of his baskets come off turnovers or cuts or when he’s got a head of steam down court.

They’re giving Paschall the ball in areas where he’s the go to scorer. 

My only concern is Russell, and it’s not because he’s good, but because he’ll take bad shots and kill the offensive flow. 

Either way with how starved their team is to find a gem to develop, and the way he’s playing, I see this continuing most of the season. Definitely not at this pace as the league will adjust and put real solid defenders on him, but he’ll have a lot of strong nights.

Its almost as if people don’t realize just how bad this roster is.

Edited by Lifschitz
  • Like 3
46 minutes ago, fantasm said:

i don't understand this man crush on Looney either. he's never been good offensively and he's a better IRL player than he is in fantasy. his impact doesn't show in the stats.

There’s a theme/bias with the sleepers josh likes, he too often tries to go against the grain and almost all the prospects he likes are roto friendly defense first types (Clarke, Looney, derrick white), you name it.

he has a pretty predictable pattern, every rookie he has is slated for bad FG and bad FT, his projection for Paschall is 45 percent, I called it out and he changed it to 47... wtf I mean the guy is clearly a strong finisher not some chucker. But his brain just automatically assumes unsustainable unsustainable unsustainable as long as the prospect is within a certain criteria (rookie, long season, etc). I just don’t think he actually watches games a whole lot. I couple stats with observation, I read scouting reports and watch a lot of footage, so it gives me a really good assessment on where they’re strong. 

Looney as you alluded is a super “garbage man” (in the best possible way). He’s a role player through and through, doesn’t need touches to get his 8/8 type lines. But he’s a pick setter, he’s not a guy you say here take it on the elbow and go to work, that’s Paschall, and we have more than enough evidence to conclude that.

Edited by Lifschitz
  • Like 6
7 minutes ago, sickrookie said:

Anyone watching? I picked him up for FG%...

haha, not looking so good so far, 4/12

23 minutes ago, Quazza said:

Pasgod getting it going now

Not really, 4/12, no other stats lol

Might be a Catholic theme for his name, but i'll call him the Candle, after the Paschal candle. But pretty happy with his output so far, and i reckon he'll definitely be given opportunity at the W's, given their entire side has been turned upside down through injury (and Iggy's trade away too). Someone has to step up, i reckon he can.

Draymond probable tomorrow so time to check if Eric really is the goat. In all seriousness the complete lack of blocks, steals with the below average rebounds from PF position and just neutral asts don't place his ceiling very high. And those %s are way higher than his college or preseason/summer league ones so they will eventually go down. And they have been really driving his value so far. 

1 hour ago, RipCity0 said:

Draymond probable tomorrow so time to check if Eric really is the goat. In all seriousness the complete lack of blocks, steals with the below average rebounds from PF position and just neutral asts don't place his ceiling very high. And those %s are way higher than his college or preseason/summer league ones so they will eventually go down. And they have been really driving his value so far. 

Ah well can't expect too much from a first year player who we've all claimed off waivers..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • tonycpsu changed the title to Eric "Non-Spicy P" Paschall 2019-2020 Outlook