Dennis Schroder 2019-2020 Outlook

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Can we get some love for this guy? :O

As of right now he's in a good spot as the vocal point of the 2nd unit and enough minutes with the starters. He's also entering his prime and played some solid games as the best player for the German

This was easy pick on the later rounds of our draft. With bench boost attached to a guy playing starter minutes alongside starting PG who doesn't want to be there AND second year player with low playm

As of right now he's in a good spot as the vocal point of the 2nd unit and enough minutes with the starters. He's also entering his prime and played some solid games as the best player for the German national team in this years WC (apart from that horrendous showing against the Dominican Rep). I have no idea what OKCs long term plans for him are but I wouldn't be surprised if they keep him around for the rebuild.

He'll have some off nights and you probably should look elsewhere for efficiency but overall he'll be a steady stream of PTS, AST and some 3s and STLs. First half of tonights game is showing the potential (16/7/3/3 vs GS in 15 mins)....just don't expect that every night and get used to some 1/10 outings.

Edited by RoyGonzo
  • Like 1
55 minutes ago, babayaga said:

Do we think he can be consistent this season and maintain stat lines such as tonight?

Not really but he is entering his prime (26) and he has some great tools to work with (length, defense, quickness, decent shooter) that I think there's still some untapped upside. He's been a great handcuff for Chris Paul so far.

47 minutes ago, XOrad10 said:

Sleeper waiver wire pick. Main source of offense of the bench. CP3 May get rested or traded. This guy getting good minutes/usage. 

Yeah the 6th man for OKC has always had good usage (Harden, Rjax). He's playing very aggressive while hitting others for easy buckets. The only downside is fg% and somewhat high TOs but hes ballin these past couple games.

This was easy pick on the later rounds of our draft. With bench boost attached to a guy playing starter minutes alongside starting PG who doesn't want to be there AND second year player with low playmaking IQ and skills... No brainer.

• Like 1
  • tonycpsu changed the title to Dennis Schroder 2019-2020 Outlook
  • 2 weeks later...

Did not.

I sold him for Gordon Hayward. Had a decent run, but couldn't get his stats up more with CP3 and SGA compared to PG13 and Westy. I think he is what he is. Mediocre shooter with points+assists in the bag. Not much other stuff. The problem is that either him or CP3 is standing around when the other guy does his stuff. There is absolutely nothing they will cumulate then. Just standing on the other side of the floor. No cutting, crashing the boards or spotting up.

• 3 weeks later...

I give him love. Good thing about him is that he can give you a beast game every single night. Granted, he will have his disappointing games but for most of us he is a waiver wire pick up or a very late draft flier. Plus you can bank on even more production when Gallo, CP§ or Shai goes down for some reason. In a punt FG% build I like him a lot; you just can't get these points from a ww add.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, dorwell said:

I give him love. Good thing about him is that he can give you a beast game every single night. Granted, he will have his disappointing games but for most of us he is a waiver wire pick up or a very late draft flier. Plus you can bank on even more production when Gallo, CP§ or Shai goes down for some reason. In a punt FG% build I like him a lot; you just can't get these points from a ww add.

Excactly 👌🏼 Those points from a ww is Golden!