NBC Sports Edge Forums

Rudy Gobert 2019-2020 Outlook

1 minute ago, justaguy said:

How does he look on defense ? I can take a temporary scoring hit from the 16 he averaged last year. But these block totals are ugly. Is he just disengaged because of the lack of offensive looks?

All centers shooting from the outside now lol harder to get blocks. The blocks will come soon enough, the rebounding is back at least. This is a really low scoring game between the Suns.

• Like 1
  • Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Rudy single handedly stopped two teams from scoring tonight. He deserves to be DPOY.

I hate Rudy as much as the next guy here but this is a terrible spin by Woj. Surprised he could be this careless and irresponsible for an issue that is extremely sensitive to gobert and the public. Ve

As Gobert owners in fantasy, should we all get ourselves checked out or something?

Posted Images

10 minutes ago, raaYUU said:

Their perimeter guys dont even look to feed gobert or even set him up. Hes basically there to screen and move bodies around like a decoy 🤦‍♂️. Picked him 2nd round in my competitive 12 team btw...😩

Same case for me. No significant blocks and points.

1 hour ago, raaYUU said:

Their perimeter guys dont even look to feed gobert or even set him up. Hes basically there to screen and move bodies around like a decoy 🤦‍♂️. Picked him 2nd round in my competitive 12 team btw...😩

Anymore room on that bench. I echo all of the above 

16 minutes ago, raaYUU said:

Bogdanovic 😡 I swear never looks to feed gobert. So many times gobert would have a pin down under the basket then bog the hog would just chuck it up smh

Doesn't explain the 1 freaking board at halftime. 

I'm never drafting these players that play international every summer.

I scooped up Gobert during the breakout season, but his ADP rose way too high ever since. He's an all-or-nothing guy to build around, because he contributes so much to very few categories, which means you're completely dependent on him to carry rebs/blks/FG%, and that has always scared me away from using a 2nd round pick on him.

New additions of high USG% player are retaining their high USG% in this team, and Gobert is just sort of the high PNR guy. I'm just talking out of my a** but Conley, Bojan, Mitchell and friends shooting off the screen from a high PNR isn't giving RG any chance for an offensive rebound and that's put him really out of position. Really talking out of my a** here but it's what I've seen so far. Points and Rebs really took a huge hit. As for blocks, it'll come.

Just checked as I'm typing this, look at his offensive rpg numbers, from 3+ down to 1+. Maybe Gobert gets fed up soon.

Edited by MysticPeak
6 minutes ago, MysticPeak said:

New additions of high USG% player are retaining their high USG% in this team, and Gobert is just sort of the high PNR guy. I'm just talking out of my a** but Conley, Bojan, Mitchell and friends shooting off the screen from a high PNR isn't giving RG any chance for an offensive rebound and that's put him really out of position. Really talking out of my a** here but it's what I've seen so far. Points and Rebs really took a huge hit. As for blocks, it'll come.

Just checked as I'm typing this, look at his offensive rpg numbers, from 3+ down to 1+. Maybe Gobert gets fed up soon.

He's already fed up. His body language says it all. Constantly waving at his teammates for a pass that will never come while bogi&friends chuck up shots from halfcourt.

• Like 1

I highly think Conley and Bojan are both accustomed to having stretch 5's/pick and pop. No chemistry at all whatsoever with their big in Rudy. He seems to be having a decent game tonight though, but I only play Roto and his TOs are killing me. Lol

Edited by MysticPeak
Just now, MysticPeak said:

Don't know what to make of it.

He was already trending up the last few games. This can only help his value - but he was picking up steam regardless. Thankfully, since I drafted him at 13 and things were looking shakey at the start of the year

34 minutes ago, yeet said:

Nothing to make of it. He wasn't stealing minutes from Gobert.

I know, but I wonder if there will be a situation where Quin Snyder is forced to play Gobert more minutes for the obvious reasons.......

• tonycpsu changed the title to Rudy Gobert 2019-2020 Outlook