10/27/19 Giants @ Lions Gameday Thread

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, CharlesCC2 said:

Yikes.  Johnson looking like a drop after this week.  Hope nobody actually had to play him.

Sigh. 

It's my fault. I read the team reports saying Johnson was the starter. Teams lie constantly for literally no reason. Someday I'll stop listening to anything teams say. 

1 minute ago, ajs723 said:

Pretty sure he's hurt. He has two targets in 7+ quarters since landing on his elbow two weeks ago. 

Yea that was a nasty fall at the time and he hasn’t looked the same since. Wanted to bench him because of it but the matchup was too enticing 😡

1 minute ago, statrax said:

Yea that was a nasty fall at the time and he hasn’t looked the same since. Wanted to bench him because of it but the matchup was too enticing 😡

Hard to really draw that conclusion when they don't throw him the ball.  I could understand if they were throwing him the ball and he was either dropping the ball or not being able to get his hands to hit because of too much pain in his elbow.

6 minutes ago, Sternes said:

Is he highly touted?  I don't know anything about Slayton honestly.

A lot of internal talk from Giants since training camp. The Giants really like him and a lot of experts felt that he was a steal in the 5th round. Him and Jones basically worked together all camp on second team. Watching him, I like what I see. He seems to always get separation.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, GurleyMan said:

Had to start Johnson due to byes.  Thanks "beat" reporters. 

If it makes you feel better I started McKissic in PPR bc the OC loves him and bye weeks and injuries have me limited.

1 minute ago, GurleyMan said:

Had to start Johnson due to byes.  Thanks "beat" reporters. 

Hard to blame anybody but the coach on this one.  Ty came in and was easily the main RB last week, so obviously people are going to think he's going to be the starting RB this week.  Not sure who actually started to say if it was in name only or not, but still, the only person to blame here is the coach.