NBC Sports Edge Forums

NFL Waiver Wire Thread 2019 Week 9

Message added by tonycpsu

NFL Waiver Wire Thread 2019 Week 9

This thread is for offering suggested waiver wire pickups for week 9 of the 2019 NFL season.

It is not for the following:

Comments that fall into one of these categories or are otherwise not on topic for this thread will be removed.

Some discussion of waiver suggestions is allowed, but this is not the place for an extended debate on the merits of any particular player. Take these in-depth discussions over to the outlook threads for the individual player(s) in question.

If you're in a 12 team PPR league then consider grabbing Amendola now if you need to fill WR byes in Week 10 (and there's a lot of them).  He just had back to back 8 reception games (with 11 targets in week 7) and is going to get fed with DET's running game in flux (to be charitable).  Week 10 is against CHI so not the perfect matchup but don't be scared off by the reputation of the 2018 version of the Bears defense. 

• Like 2
  • Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Jax almost put up 30 on them...Miami can beat them

Cam Newton

Jets DST

Diontae Johnson.- Is the solidified # 2 WR for PIT now.      Nothing but upside.

Noah Fant  -   New QB, no competition, going to get fed.  

Sam Darnold  -  Take a look at his schedule ROS.  😱

Dallas Goedert -   If Ertz has a bad week this week, its curtains for him.  Goedert is heir apparent.

Edited by Sivaro
  • Like 2

I still don't really get the Walton as a top add claims.

How many more times this season are we expecting Miami to be two scores up and facing an inexperienced passer who was struggling to move the ball a lot of the time?
I doubt we'll find him in a situation as good as the one he's just had again the rest of the year, and he didn't do anything with it.

10 hours ago, bomont said:

"Drop a bit" doesn't exactly equal "mass dropped" and I seriously doubt Indy is scaring off anyone

Down to 65% on yahoo after waivers. People are really hurting during this bye week I guess.

5 minutes ago, sSektor said:

Down to 65% on yahoo after waivers. People are really hurting during this bye week I guess.

Aren’t available in any of my leagues unfortunately.

If someone was silly enough to drop NO DST, pick’em up! Schedule after the bye is nice! Even better, if you are on yahoo, pick them up after the Sunday night games for whoever is on your bench that you would drop. 

2 hours ago, fjthegrey said:

How many more times this season are we expecting Miami to be two scores up and facing an inexperienced passer who was struggling to move the ball a lot of the time?
I doubt we'll find him in a situation as good as the one he's just had again the rest of the year, and he didn't do anything with it.

Agreed. He has 7-9 pt upside. Not only that Ballage seems to be the goalline back for the 3 times they get there this year.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, jumper said:

If you're in a 12 team PPR league then consider grabbing Amendola now if you need to fill WR byes in Week 10 (and there's a lot of them).  He just had back to back 8 reception games (with 11 targets in week 7) and is going to get fed with DET's running game in flux (to be charitable).  Week 10 is against CHI so not the perfect matchup but don't be scared off by the reputation of the 2018 version of the Bears defense. 

Demaryius Thomas could be useful for those next two weeks as a bye week filler as well as Amendola

10 minutes ago, BeefDaddy said:

Will Ed Dickson become something now that Dissly is out of the way in Seattle?

As a Seahawks fan, no.

Luke Wilson isn't great but he's sufficient enough to get looks and has played with Russell Wilson for years. They'll compete for playing time/targets and I don't see either being a TE play despite how shallow the position has been.

Mostert if Breida sits, Wilson if Mostert and Breida both sit. Breida will probably sit, Mostert seems to be trending that way, I’m kinda thinking Jeff Wilson is a decent start splitting with Coleman this week. 

• Like 1
59 minutes ago, Godeep said:

Mostert if Breida sits, Wilson if Mostert and Breida both sit. Breida will probably sit, Mostert seems to be trending that way, I’m kinda thinking Jeff Wilson is a decent start splitting with Coleman this week. 

The second piece of pie is definitely worth it....good matchup. Coleman will break down if he exceeds 16-18 touches 

Goedert top-10 TE in the past 4 weeks and near identical numbers as Ertz the past 5 weeks. More red zone targets than Ertz this year.

Top-5 Kelce-ian upside if Ertz ever goes down.

In this TE wasteland seems like a no-brainer Bye weeker and bench stash.

#GoedertRising

• Like 2
21 minutes ago, austin316 said:

Goedert top-10 TE in the past 4 weeks and near identical numbers as Ertz the past 5 weeks. More red zone targets than Ertz this year.

Top-5 Kelce-ian upside if Ertz ever goes down.

In this TE wasteland seems like a no-brainer Bye weeker and bench stash.

#GoedertRising

Goedert, Fells, Smith available in some leagues. Wastelands aren't so barren anymore. 

• Like 1

Diontae Johnson cleared waivers in 2 of my leagues and I scooped him in both.  He and Mason Rudolph look to have a great connection and his schedule is very favorable moving forward.  At the least, he should be a solid wr3.

• Like 2
19 hours ago, bomont said:

"Drop a bit" doesn't exactly equal "mass dropped" and I seriously doubt Indy is scaring off anyone

8 hours ago, sSektor said:

Pitt D got dropped by 81000 people. I don’t understand. Sure they have Colts and Rams next two weeks, neither of who are the Patriots. And then the rest of the season is nice. They’re not dropping due to bye weeks, unless they’re hanging on to another D and only picked up Pitt for the Miami game. They’re dropping because they’re moving on to another D. I think that’s a mistake. They’re the #3 scoring defense (Tied with Carolina) in my format, and they have the second most takeaways behind the Pats. What’s there not to like?

• Like 1
12 hours ago, fjthegrey said:

Thinking the same thing about a few others, including Fant. He has basically sucked all year, scoring 4 or less 5 out of 8 weeks. I guess if you're in a huge or deep league and your TEs suck so bad, and since they lost Sanders he should see an uptick in targets, but he just plain sucks and their QB now is what, some late-round nobody? Not that Flacco was a prize but cmon. 

3 hours ago, CooL said:

Pitt D got dropped by 81000 people. I don’t understand. Sure they have Colts and Rams next two weeks, neither of who are the Patriots. And then the rest of the season is nice. They’re not dropping due to bye weeks, unless they’re hanging on to another D and only picked up Pitt for the Miami game. They’re dropping because they’re moving on to another D. I think that’s a mistake. They’re the #3 scoring defense (Tied with Carolina) in my format, and they have the second most takeaways behind the Pats. What’s there not to like?

Lineup crunch? Injuries? Bye weeks?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
14 hours ago, CooL said:

They just gave up 14 to Miami, Indi can easily put up 14++.

PIT and NO available in my league 🤣

If Baltimore was dropped they also have a great looking playoff schedule 

@Buf

NYJ

@Cle

They also play the Bengals next week with a rookie QB. May pick them up this week.

Plus Jimmy Smith coming back with Peter's and Humphrey. 

Edited by Mmiller186
  • Thanks 1
Just now, Sivaro said:

IF you get into the playoffs.  You will likely lose out to the teams that played long ball.

There has to be someone worth dropping for them, EVEN if it your current defense.   Pit has made points all year too!

this ^

Stillers may not be the greatest tackle foosball defense (they're good, but not elite), but they are magick foosball gold, Jerry ... GOLD!!

they excel in what we need the most - and that is what i refer to as "splash" plays: sacks, picks, strips, etc

points, baby ... they are a ballhawking, young, aggressive unit - hungry mofos!

that's what i look for in my streaming defense(s) .... get the fudge after it - wreak some havoc!

• Thanks 1
16 hours ago, CooL said:

with the byes people don’t have all the room in the world to be rostering two defenses. There are quite a few defenses out there with good matchups this weekend and good matchups down the stretch like Cleveland and jets.

Plus it feels like good defenses are at a surplus this year. New England, 49ers, New Orleans, Panthers, Titans all have been surprisingly good, then there’s the usual suspects like Jacksonville, bears, Vikings, ravens rams 

• tonycpsu locked and unpinned this topic