NBC Sports EDGE Forums

NFL Waiver Wire Thread 2019 Week 9

tonycpsu

Message added by tonycpsu

NFL Waiver Wire Thread 2019 Week 9

This thread is for offering suggested waiver wire pickups for week 9 of the 2019 NFL season.

It is not for the following:

Comments that fall into one of these categories or are otherwise not on topic for this thread will be removed.

Some discussion of waiver suggestions is allowed, but this is not the place for an extended debate on the merits of any particular player. Take these in-depth discussions over to the outlook threads for the individual player(s) in question.

58 minutes ago, Nyblazer11235 said:

with the byes people don’t have all the room in the world to be rostering two defenses. There are quite a few defenses out there with good matchups this weekend and good matchups down the stretch like Cleveland and jets.

Plus it feels like good defenses are at a surplus this year. New England, 49ers, New Orleans, Panthers, Titans all have been surprisingly good, then there’s the usual suspects like Jacksonville, bears, Vikings, ravens rams 

Who said anything about carrying two defenses?  I don't understand why the Steelers aren't a set and forget defense for ROS.  Are there that many people that picked up Steelers just for the Miami matchup?  I think it's crazy that the Steelers are only 59% owned while being the #3 defense (and that's with their bye already done) while the Bears are #13 and 94% owned.  It's time to start looking past the names and looking at the actual production.

• Like 1

On 10/28/2019 at 7:40 PM, Jetdog16 said:

People talking about Mosley and Williams like they've made a contribution this year. Mosley is great but has barely played, so his injury doesn't move the needle. Leonard Williams has been putrid this season. What on earth will the Jets do without his 8 solo tackles through 7 games? They will be better without him, maybe whoever replaces him in the lineup will produce a little bit. 

what replacement? 🤷‍♂️

Jets D is the biggest sham since ColecoVision. 

Just now, pastorofmuppets2 said:

OOOOOPS! 

WOW I DIDN'T KNOW THAT, TYVM! 

(itsaprotip - i was adressing the gist of your post, not the induvidual player, per se)

now, who's playing linebacker?  Greg Buttle? 

TIA!!!

You didn't address my point. I said Leonard William's replacement would be better than him and you told me all about the Jets' linebackers. Maybe if i typed it in a goof'ormat you'd preeeeesh it more. 

1 minute ago, Jetdog16 said:

You didn't address my point. I said Leonard William's replacement would be better than him and you told me all about the Jets' linebackers. Maybe if i typed it in a goof'ormat you'd preeeeesh it more. 

cool. 

sooooo, Joe Walton ... who's playing LB?

Jets D blows.  can't believe folks fell for these clowns. 

honestly, if the Fish weren't under orders to tank they'd win by 2 TDs. 

🙋‍♂️

I know I'm a broken record with this stuff but now that we're approaching the playoffs my top add is always gonna be the handcuff that would go for the bulk of people's FAAB if the starter went down this weekend. Those guys just have to be owned this time of year. 

4 minutes ago, yanksman said:

Zach Pascal

Coaches love him because hes their best run blocking WR, which means more time on the field. He played over 90% of the snaps 2 weeks in a row. If TY is out, he would be their top WR IMO and great schedule to boot.

Well, alright thanks for the info.

8 minutes ago, mjb said:

Well, alright thanks for the info.

Zach would likely soak up the coverage, so it may be Campbell who is the add. We won't know for sure though until they play. It's really just guessing because this also puts Doyle in play and Ebron if he's healthy.

3 hours ago, BGDDYKWL said:

I'm definitely intrigued with Pascal with the TY news. Doyle could also be a real nice stream this week, especially if Ebron doesn't play. If both are out I'd rank Doyle well inside the top 10 TEs. 

Holton owner here.   I’m thinking of Hunter Renfrow.   Detroit is bleeding points/yards to everyone.   Pitt will be a tough matchup for the colts 

• Like 1

On 10/31/2019 at 10:51 AM, Mmiller186 said:

If Baltimore was dropped they also have a great looking playoff schedule 

@Buf

NYJ

@Cle

They also play the Bengals next week with a rookie QB. May pick them up this week.

Plus Jimmy Smith coming back with Peter's and Humphrey. 

I picked up both the Ravens and the Browns with a solid amount of FAAB this week. IIRC they pair together really well ROS (just can't remember the details).

• Like 1

8 hours ago, BGDDYKWL said:

I'm definitely intrigued with Pascal with the TY news. Doyle could also be a real nice stream this week, especially if Ebron doesn't play. If both are out I'd rank Doyle well inside the top 10 TEs. 

Ebron's playing.  

(RotoWire) Ebron (ankle) doesn't carry an injury designation into Sunday's game against the Steelers.

Analysis: Ebron -- who has logged 29 targets in seven games to date -- has been a hit-or-miss fantasy option this season while being stuck in a timeshare at tight end with Jack Doyle. The 26-year-old has at least bolstered his value with three touchdowns to date, and it's possible there will be room for both tight ends to feast in the coming weeks with top wideout T.Y. Hilton slated to miss time with a calf injury.

• Thanks 1

How about Trey Edmunds RB Pitt. Conner hurt, Snell hurt, Samuels knee procedure 3 weeks ago. I can see Trey getting more touches than Samuels.  I imagine Samuels came back too soon and will not hold up.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Krambone said:

How about Trey Edmunds RB Pitt. Conner hurt, Snell hurt, Samuels knee procedure 3 weeks ago. I can see Trey getting more touches than Samuels.  I imagine Samuels came back too soon and will not hold up.

Why would Trey out touch Samuel's? Samuel's was arguably a healthy scratch last week and I think Trey has 2 touches on the year? Wondering if you have some insider info or is it just a gut call?

1 hour ago, Krambone said:

He's an excellent dart throw. I'm throwing him out there in my deep league out of sheer desperation with guys on bye week and Connor being injured. I'm hoping for a share in workload seeing how Samuels is coming off of a multiple week injury. I doubt that they'll just hand out 25-30 touches all to him during his 1st game back. 

1 hour ago, 24/7fantasysports said:

Why would Trey out touch Samuel's? Samuel's was arguably a healthy scratch last week and I think Trey has 2 touches on the year? Wondering if you have some insider info or is it just a gut call?

I just think Samuels has a bum knee, No chance he’s 100% on that knee, he’s probably been compensation for it and if the knee doesn’t give out maybe a hammy takes the trauma, NFL is too brutal if you don’t have your legs you got nada. Just seen too many ineffective players with leg and ankle/foot issues. But yes totally a gut call.

• Like 1

• tonycpsu locked and unpinned this topic