NBC Sports Edge Forums

John Wall 2019-2020 Outlook

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wait. Ain't playing no games = will not be playing no games = will be playing games? Run don't walk.

The max extension for Wall just started. I don't think they can just gut that contract and not play him or make him a role player. No one is taking that contract either unless he is flashes or resembl

Completely different situations. Cousins was on a one year minimum and the Warriors were competing for a title. The Wizards have to deal with Walls contract for three more years - theres no reason to

Posted Images

9 hours ago, vnmslsrbms said:

Love the part where Scott Brooks said he probably could have played in the 4 on 4's at a low level. 

I didn't see that. He said "I wouldn't say it was really a 4-on-4."  

And then Katz followed up with:

https://mobile.twitter.com/FredKatz/status/1219024509065408512

Once he's taking contact I would get excited.

9 hours ago, Eltoro said:

I didn't see that. He said "I wouldn't say it was really a 4-on-4."  

And then Katz followed up with:

https://mobile.twitter.com/FredKatz/status/1219024509065408512

Once he's taking contact I would get excited.

image.png.7e5fb7cce309e7da0d7f9a8c53f3624e.png

^Sorry it wasn't 4 on 4 that I saw, rather the 3-2 and 2-1.

Anyway, good that he is getting healthy, but I think they are trying to tamp down the excitement.   The line will be crossed when he practices more with his teammates.  I can see him playing some games to get back in the flow, but I don't know if it will be at full efficiency.  It's hard to say how players return from the achilles.  Cousins was very limited, Kobe was not himself anymore, Rudy Gay very good, Dominique Wilkins was still very good, others I can't remember.  Wall should be good, but I can see them restricting his limits big time for a couple weeks at least. 

Edited by vnmslsrbms

Up to "5 on 5s" now.

Anyone else feel like he's shooting for around the ASB? Even though they're (reporters, Rotoworld forum users) saying that it's unlikely that he comes back, there is a lot of unofficial updates for it not to mean anything.

Edited by claptondecheeks
1 hour ago, claptondecheeks said:

Up to "5 on 5s" now.

Anyone else feel like he's shooting for around the ASB? Even though they're (reporters, Rotoworld forum users) saying that it's unlikely that he comes back, there is a lot of unofficial updates for it not to mean anything.

5 on 5s against Amare Stoudemire and Michael Beasley. It's a good milestone but I think they are rightly managing expectations.  

I would love for him to be back by the ASB but I think he would need to practice with contact for a while before coming back. Look how long it took for Oladipo to have a target date and it feels like he's been clearing these hurdles for months. 

1 hour ago, Eltoro said:

5 on 5s against Amare Stoudemire and Michael Beasley. It's a good milestone but I think they are rightly managing expectations.  

I would love for him to be back by the ASB but I think he would need to practice with contact for a while before coming back. Look how long it took for Oladipo to have a target date and it feels like he's been clearing these hurdles for months. 

Same for Nurk.... without a real timetable there is nothing to see with Wall I guess

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...