• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Because I’m a Favors owner.

I have no idea why i grabbed this guy. 

His athleticism is crazy but he was easily getting bumped by guards.  He needs a few years to bulk up (or go spend an offseason with Ayton...) before he's ready for a heavier workload.  He looks like

Ok so Favors comes back, Zion arrives eventually, this kid was the 8th pick overall and growing as a player nightly....I think he keeps the starting job and produces as long as he can coexist w/ Zion, which I think he can...thoughts??

Why start Favors if this team needs to develop Hayes?

Edited by dfstout
12 minutes ago, dfstout said:

Ok so Favors comes back, Zion arrives eventually, this kid was the 8th pick overall and growing as a player nightly....I think he keeps the starting job and produces as long as he can coexist w/ Zion, which I think he can...thoughts??

Why start Favors if this team needs to develop Hayes?

Because I’m a Favors owner.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6
9 hours ago, Riedle9 said:

Team is tanking and should play with youth 

I mean Favors is still 28, he's younger than Jrue.

He just got out of Gobert's shadow, I doubt he's taking a back seat to this 19 year old.

It's actually a great situation for Hayes, gets to learn under a proven C, and enough fast pace minutes to do some damage as a backup. And Favors back might act up again later on, so he'll have his chances.

And they're not out of the playoffs yet, not with the 7 and 8th seed sub .500, and this team just starting to get healthy.

Worth a pickup? I apparently love these young bigs with shotblocking potential - currently rostering Bamba and B.Clarke on my 12 teamer lmao and Hayes looks tempting. Not sure how much time Favors will realistically take from Hayes. He might be the better player of the two....Favors wasnt exactly setting the world on fire earlier this season 

1 minute ago, justaguy said:

Worth a pickup? I apparently love these young bigs with shotblocking potential - currently rostering Bamba and B.Clarke on my 12 teamer lmao and Hayes looks tempting. Not sure how much time Favors will realistically take from Hayes. He might be the better player of the two....Favors wasnt exactly setting the world on fire earlier this season 

Favors was ramping up before he got injured. 

Prior 3 games to his injury played 29, 29 and 24 minutes for 3 Double Doubles. 

His return will impact Hayes quite a bit imo. 

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, justaguy said:

I dunno about Clarke but Hayes > Bamba.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, justaguy said:

I think after the 15th I wouldn't be surprised to hear the Favors trade rumors start rolling in. He's super slow and is an absolutely horrible fit for the fast pace pelicans, it makes me wonder how some of these NBA GM's are qualified for their job making such poor decisions. 

In the midst of a ten game losing streak they would be smart to start the tank asap, Zion cannot save them from this horrible of a start. Once the tank is on, Jaxson could become a league winner (or right below that tier). I don't even own him but typing all this out makes me want to grab him haha

• Like 1
51 minutes ago, stay_woke said:

I think after the 15th I wouldn't be surprised to hear the Favors trade rumors start rolling in. He's super slow and is an absolutely horrible fit for the fast pace pelicans, it makes me wonder how some of these NBA GM's are qualified for their job making such poor decisions. 

In the midst of a ten game losing streak they would be smart to start the tank asap, Zion cannot save them from this horrible of a start. Once the tank is on, Jaxson could become a league winner (or right below that tier). I don't even own him but typing all this out makes me want to grab him haha

They need to play Favors if they want to trade him. No team will get him if they dont know if what he is capable right now also Favors need to play well to get a higher deal nxt summer. Also, favors is still 28 years old, not that old.

Edited by ahtech
24 minutes ago, ahtech said:

They need to play Favors if they want to trade him. No team will get him if they dont know if what he is capable right now also Favors need to play well to get a higher deal nxt summer. Also, favors is still 28 years old, not that old.

that’s why he was out for so long.  He needed to get in shape for his showcase.

I dunno about PJ Tucker, but this guy Jaxson is a complete joy to watch. He is getting better with confidence over time. The look on his face after he hit that 3. Priceless.

The ROS situation is complicated. Zion looks like he will play, eventually. They are showing him at least putting weight on the leg on the court, at least walking. I have no idea what to expect when that happens. 

On the other hand, I can't imagine this team, with this record, putting both Zion and Favors on the court in March. What would be the point? So that could be huge opportunity for Hayes.

• Like 1