NBC Sports Edge Forums

Richaun Holmes 2019-2020 Outlook

Has always been one of the best per-minute players, high FG%, rebounds, with one block potential, likely good enough for your end of the bench big. 

Absolutely torching the Nuggets tonight, if Walton was smart he'd be starting over Dedmon even when Bagley is back. He may still outproduce him off the bench.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We loved Holmes in the 215 during his stint here. Played his a** off every damn night, very very high motor guy. You could say his defense and pick and roll work with Fox kept them in game tonight. 

Typically...you’d think he earned some mins after this performance tonight, but Walton’s such a damn weirdo coach 😕.  Worth an add for as a nice stream this wk with lil sneaky upside. I hope he at least earned more bench mins after tonight 

edit: forgot Giles coming back. Would be tough to crack 20 mins. 

Edited by IDatDude

I think Holmes' line was a bit of an anomaly.  While we know he's known to put up big lines I think it's matchup-based, wherein his athleticism is enough to take advantage of some bigs.  In this case against slow a** - and out of shape-looking Jokic - and Plumlee.  Add the fact that the Kings are the worst team run by a bad coach (and I'm a Kings fan, sigh), then you have a recipe for nothin' too great.  Streamer at best in my eyes.  Firing Dave Joerger was a big mistake.  Dropping Dedmon for Holmes is like substituting a poopy-flavored lolly pop for a dingleberry muffin.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Ah, Holmes is such an excellent per minute guy, and it's always fun to see him on the court.  Crazy good energy and it really showed today - Basically the only guy who shot well and with Fox, kept the game at least sorta close against the deep Nuggets.  Also impressive defensively against Joker.

Highly doubt his minutes get above 25 a night, but I'd grab him if they get to that level.  Dedmon looks so bad right now and Walton absolutely needs to change something.  Holmes looks like a fine flier at least until Bagley returns.

he had a disgusting poster in this game.. I don't trust Walton whatsoever. Holmes is pretty talented and has never been given a fair shake at a starting chance, he's worth a flier, but I'm a bit worried once Giles is back this turns into a 3 headed timeshare because Walton is clueless.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Crazycanto said:

Has always been one of the best per-minute players, high FG%, rebounds, with one block potential, likely good enough for your end of the bench big. 

Absolutely torching the Nuggets tonight, if Walton was smart he'd be starting over Dedmon even when Bagley is back. He may still outproduce him off the bench.

"If Walton was smart" .... too bad he's dumb as a rock...

59 minutes ago, Lifschitz said:

he had a disgusting poster in this game.. I don't trust Walton whatsoever. Holmes is pretty talented and has never been given a fair shake at a starting chance, he's worth a flier, but I'm a bit worried once Giles is back this turns into a 3 headed timeshare because Walton is clueless.

2 posters.

• tonycpsu changed the title to Richaun Holmes 2019-2020 Outlook