NBC Sports Edge Forums

Richaun Holmes 2019-2020 Outlook

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Sfektz said:

Just traded mitch rob for holmes. Good trade??

No, NYK is a dumpster fire we're 20 games into the season and Mitch still hasn't received ample playing time.. what's Coach waiting for in a rebuilding season??

Meanwhile Holmes will still retain value (25++ mins) with his strong play when Bagley returns next week. I don't like that trade at all.

1 minute ago, Bringthesonicsback said:

yeaaaa lets play Giles over Holmes in the clutch and let him pick up absolutely stupid fouls.. the Kings better lose 

So dumb, the kings organization aren't even invested into Giles like that...

59 minutes ago, Bringthesonicsback said:

yeaaaa lets play Giles over Holmes in the clutch and let him pick up absolutely stupid fouls.. the Kings better lose 

57 minutes ago, Bringthesonicsback said:

3 moronic fouls in 3 minutes for Giles... w 6 minutes left in a tight game. why the HELL is he in the game

spacer.png

13 hours ago, KDavis94 said:

take it n run

I wish bud, but I took too long to decide. I came back last night to check the scores and of course Holmes had another nice, roster-friendly 9-cat line but of course JJJ's 28 points, 6 3PT and nothing in 22 minutes is somehow better so he pulled the offer.

Last few games have been unfortunately bad. And Dedmon played good tonight. And this I think was the 4th game of the toad trip so bagley will get an update. When bagley does start, Richaun should still hold a 20-25 min slot and should still be 12 teamed but end of the bench type which means streaming that spot will be more valuable. I think the ride is over .

• Haha 1
Just now, nir said:

Last few games have been unfortunately bad. And Dedmon played good tonight. And this I think was the 4th game of the toad trip so bagley will get an update. When bagley does start, Richaun should still hold a 20-25 min slot and should still be 12 teamed but end of the bench type which means streaming that spot will be more valuable. I think the ride is over .

drop him, your league mates will appreciate that 

A throw away game, but also the exact kind of games I expect Holmes to sit out once Bagley is back. Dedmon was a better floor spacer. I won't even be surprised if Walton will run Bjelica-Bagley. In a vacuum, Holmes>Dedmon, always, but game-to-game will be tough

33 minutes ago, Illuminati said:

Just a tough game against one of the leagues best bigs.

There will always be tough games but when you combine tough games with 20-25 min slot, that’s when you start getting inconsistent stat lines. Richaun will be your 11 or 12th guy which means he will be an excellent streamer once bagley is back. That’s about it.

39 minutes ago, nir said:

There will always be tough games but when you combine tough games with 20-25 min slot, that’s when you start getting inconsistent stat lines. Richaun will be your 11 or 12th guy which means he will be an excellent streamer once bagley is back. That’s about it.

Sure, but besides the minute allocation, what changes when Bagley comes back? He loses touches? He's already a low usage player. What makes Holmes valuable is his defensive skillset and great pcts and that'll still be there even when Bagley returns. He might not be top 50 anymore, but he'll be top 100. And I have no problem rostering a top 100 player as my 11th guy.

3 hours ago, Illuminati said:

Sure, but besides the minute allocation, what changes when Bagley comes back? He loses touches? He's already a low usage player. What makes Holmes valuable is his defensive skillset and great pcts and that'll still be there even when Bagley returns. He might not be top 50 anymore, but he'll be top 100. And I have no problem rostering a top 100 player as my 11th guy.

That is my point. Only difference is minutes and that does take him closer to a top 100-120 player. Which is fine for a 11/12th guy but i rather have my 11 /12 guy as streamers or looking for the next hot prospect.

• Like 1

Jokic bear hugging him and somehow he gets called for his 6th. Some other super questionable foul calls earlier in the game too.

Was so good today, absolutely dominated Jokic. Will be interesting to see how Bagley's return affects him. On one hand I would love to see him return to a Montrezl role and feast on the scrubs and then close out the games. When he's up against good centers he plays a lot of box out on guys like Jokic or Embiid but when he's with the second unit he's much more aggressive on the glass.