NBC Sports Edge Forums

Richaun Holmes 2019-2020 Outlook

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, fantasyandfortnite said:

Paint will be crowded playing holmes and bagley together though

They can easily stagger Holmes and Bags. Yeah they'll play a little together but it can work. Also Bags has an outside shot that'll be relied upon. As they wont play him at the 5, as a 4 you HAVE to be able to shoot from deep or you're simply not in the league

Why worry about him?  He's been getting minutes all year, and has always been a guy with huge potential with the Sixers as I saw it.  Hungry guys who perform when they get the chance are always good.  Dedmon is boring, and they decided to make him the backup.  Bags will the PF, and he'll be fine.  Unless somehow Dedmon pairs better with him. 

1 hour ago, vnmslsrbms said:

Why worry about him?  He's been getting minutes all year, and has always been a guy with huge potential with the Sixers as I saw it.  Hungry guys who perform when they get the chance are always good.  Dedmon is boring, and they decided to make him the backup.  Bags will the PF, and he'll be fine.  Unless somehow Dedmon pairs better with him. 

Because Bagley+Holmes is awful for spacing

24 minutes ago, kane said:

Because Bagley+Holmes is awful for spacing

Bags can and will shoot more 3s, and if Walton has half a brain he'll stagger them here and there so they both play the PnR game and catch those mf lobs. 

• Thanks 1
2 hours ago, simon said:

I have bagley and i hope he gets holmes’s spot in the offense plus more. But i have this feeling that bagley and holmes will spend sometime together ala AD+big in LAL. 

It can work, Holmes is a low usage player anyway

20 hours ago, ROTY said:

Bags can and will shoot more 3s, and if Walton has half a brain he'll stagger them here and there so they both play the PnR game and catch those mf lobs. 

Yeah I think so too.  Holmes in there for defense is definitely a thing for SAC.  Bagley still working on that side of the ball in his second year.  Dedmon will probably increase his  minutes depending on how Bagley and Holmes plays out.  I say Walton will give them a chance to.  Bagley should start shooting more 3's as well with an offseason to work on it.  Dude took 16 shots in his first (and only) game.  Last year he took 1.5 a game, so with the increase in shots I'd think he'd average at least 2 three's a game.  He did say he liked Dedmon because he's a bigman who could shoot though.  Who knows.  If anything Holmes would still be productive with a consistent bench role.  Dedmon should be the backup as he is now.  Being a young team there's no reason to "develop" Dedmon. 

I love having this dude on my team. Watching all his games he just seems like such a good guy, always hustling, always positive, I just genuinely want to see him win. I hate watching him try so hard only for Buddy to lose them the game with his trash shooting, it's a shame.

• Like 3