NBC Sports Edge Forums

Richaun Holmes 2019-2020 Outlook

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, claptondecheeks said:

Hey man, how do you embed sweet tweets like this on mobile?

Firth Rd value would roll off the tongue more easily. Too bad in points league he's only like ~40ish tho.

No idea, i did it from laptop. Hadn’t been working for me for a while, was surprised myself.

• Thanks 1

I have a public service announcement to make- Richaun “your rich aunt got nothin on dis” Money Holmes as of today, is ranked 13th overall in Yahoo h2h. 

Let that sink in, 13th overall.

NBA 2019-20 International - Dream Team XII | Fantasy Basketball | Yahoo! Sports-5.jpg

Edited by NBA_OG
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
3 hours ago, NBA_OG said:

I have a public service announcement to make- Richaun “your rich aunt got nothin on dis” Money Holmes as of today, is ranked 13th overall in Yahoo h2h. 

Let that sink in, 13th overall.

NBA 2019-20 International - Dream Team XII | Fantasy Basketball | Yahoo! Sports-5.jpg

He's only 16th on my leagues settings :( I feel cheated. 

Think he'll lose value with bagley coming back?

3 minutes ago, Jimmy21 said:

down below thirth round value?

Remains to be seen I guess, but with how incredible he's been playing it's gonna be hard for Walton to deny him playing time.  A lot of his game is predicated on energy and hustle, even his points are usually around the rim (thus the insane FG%), and that type of production can usually shine through not having plays specifically run for you.

Even if he levels out to 4rd or 5nd round value you guys still have a steal on your hands.

• Like 2
13 hours ago, CharlesCC2 said:

Remains to be seen I guess, but with how incredible he's been playing it's gonna be hard for Walton to deny him playing time.  A lot of his game is predicated on energy and hustle, even his points are usually around the rim (thus the insane FG%), and that type of production can usually shine through not having plays specifically run for you.

Even if he levels out to 4rd or 5nd round value you guys still have a steal on your hands.

As an owner of both, I hope bags and Holmes can both produce at least thirth round value for the rest of the season, though secost or fird would be even sweeter 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

question is whether the management/coaching staff thinks its better to invest in Holmes or Bagley or whether they can trade Holmes/Bagley later on in the season. I can see a situation where they give Holmes a full run in hopes of him being a trade chip. 

I am going to be frank, if i am team trying to improve my roster Holmes is a much more attractive trade candidate then say Kevin Love and a lot of others. 

Edited by screaming_vultures
1 hour ago, screaming_vultures said:

question is whether the management/coaching staff thinks its better to invest in Holmes or Bagley or whether they can trade Holmes/Bagley later on in the season. I can see a situation where they give Holmes a full run in hopes of him being a trade chip. 

I am going to be frank, if i am team trying to improve my roster Holmes is a much more attractive trade candidate then say Kevin Love and a lot of others. 

Holmes is just 26, idk why they’d trade him

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, AstroWorld said:

So with how good Holmes has been, was I right when I said a trade for KAT based on Siakam and Holmes was fair? Now that everyone has the benefit of hindsight 20/20

Make that deal before Siakim plays himself out of top 20 value and Holmes is at peak value.  Siakam has quietly been mid round (47th ranked average stats last month 9 cat H2H on Yahoo) going on over a month now.  His hot first two weeks might just be his best two weeks of the season.

I have been meaning to ask this for a while. Holmes is such a beast in fantasy and IRL, but SOOOO many NBA execs have sold him short or passed over him over the years. This year, Walton was forced to play Holmes. Why is that?

Why did every coach this far think Holmes couldn't be THAT GUY? I get being behind Embid, but it's not just there. Are they all just bad evaluators of talent? Is there a bad attitude we all miss in fantasy? Is he lazy? I don't get it.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, hornrimmed_rambis said:

I have been meaning to ask this for a while. Holmes is such a beast in fantasy and IRL, but SOOOO many NBA execs have sold him short or passed over him over the years. This year, Walton was forced to play Holmes. Why is that?

Why did every coach this far think Holmes couldn't be THAT GUY? I get being behind Embid, but it's not just there. Are they all just bad evaluators of talent? Is there a bad attitude we all miss in fantasy? Is he lazy? I don't get it.

probably the lack of range. there have been plenty of high energy rim runners that probably don't get a shot because they cant shoot. that's my only guess

as for us owners he got a better version of prime adams for free. better fg% and ft% seems crazy when you think about it.

8 minutes ago, hornrimmed_rambis said:

Behind Embiid for 3 years and then behind Ayton last year. Just bad luck I think

Yeah, nowadays they are not looking for energy big men a la Ben Wallace, and that's kind of what Holmes is, but just different and obviously not as good.  It's always in swings.  Now they just want a bunch of sweet shooting big guys who can rebound a little and block shots.  Like Brook Lopez.  Capela got screwed I think.  If he was born 5-8 years earlier he would have gotten a max contract from multiple teams easy.  Holmes is doing great and should stay ahead of Dedmon, but who knows, since he wouldn't mix well with Bags unless Bags is a lot better at 3 pt shooting over the summer.  Also, Bjelica is playing awesome too.  Wonder if he can start fake it at center sometimes (6'10).  Kings actually have a pretty good team, and Divac is building a strong team (IMO a little early but whatever).  Not sure what Ariza is doing on that team. 

1 hour ago, samer42 said:

Hey gGuys do you think he’ll lose value once Bagley returns 

Yes but I dont think it will be such a huge impact because he doesnt need the ball to stuff the stats sheet.

Look at his usage in the past few games. Other than the game which he scored 28 points,his usage is fairly low (Today he had 13% usage and look at that stats line).

Beside, if you sell now, you are risking of selling low. Might as well ride it out. 

1 hour ago, samer42 said:

Hey gGuys do you think he’ll lose value once Bagley returns 

Yea for sure ... there's only so many rebounds to go around 
BUT it's not like you can still sell high since Bagley is returning in a game or 2
most of us probably got him off WW so it's all good