NBC Sports Edge Forums

Richaun Holmes 2019-2020 Outlook

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, Johnnyapplebot said:

This is unacceptable Holmes has proven himself and Luke the stupid Walton wantd to pick a person who barely played over him. I added Holmes with confidence from the waiver wire and Walton is already plotting on ruining my fantasy season.

I'm thinking of dropping no joke.

• Haha 2
Just now, laurilegend said:

I'm thinking of dropping no joke.

Holmes is a homie he deserves a chance. I know hes being held prisoner by Luke the dummy Walton but dont drop yet. We need to protest this and send the message to Walton to release Holmes from this.

• Thanks 1
1 minute ago, Johnnyapplebot said:

Holmes is a homie he deserves a chance. I know hes being held prisoner by Luke the dummy Walton but dont drop yet. We need to protest this and send the message to Walton to release Holmes from this.

I'll write a strongly worded letter and send it to him express mail.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

You guys gotta understand - playing Bagley is an absolute must for the Kings... he's easily their most talented player with the highest ceiling (yes higher than Fox and Buddy) and he needs all the game time he can get. What is best for your fantasy teams is not what is best for the franchises - stop being so whiney lol

• Like 1
Just now, hl782 said:

You guys gotta understand - playing Bagley is an absolute must for the Kings... he's easily their most talented player with the highest ceiling (yes higher than Fox and Buddy) and he needs all the game time he can get. What is best for your fantasy teams is not what is best for the franchises - stop being so whiney lol

Richaun Holmes is the blood brain heart and soul of this team and hes being dogged by this bag guy.

• Haha 3
5 minutes ago, overtime2000 said:

The worry is that Bagley minutes will increase

Going off the Rotoworld blurb, Bagley played 23 minutes exclusively at 5 today and not beside Holmes. Also seems pretty unlikely Ariza keeps getting the 3rd highest minutes on the team, but Luke is known for his weird rotations...could maybe see Bjelica playing more SF to make way for Bagley at PF. Could be messy all around though

1 hour ago, stickman786 said:

why do you ask? I just traded myles turner for holmes straight up lmaooo

Lol I just wanted to really get an opinion on who was the better pick right now with Myles having an underwhelming season so far vs. someone like Holmes who came off the wire and was an absolute beast while Bagley was out. I feel like they’re in similar positions with Myles playing alongside Sabonis and Holmes with Bagley. Just a simple comparison. 

Edited by Raymoney
55 minutes ago, apk158 said:

Going off the Rotoworld blurb, Bagley played 23 minutes exclusively at 5 today and not beside Holmes. Also seems pretty unlikely Ariza keeps getting the 3rd highest minutes on the team, but Luke is known for his weird rotations...could maybe see Bjelica playing more SF to make way for Bagley at PF. Could be messy all around though

I have both Bagley and Holmes in both of my leagues. I watched tonight's game hoping that I'd see what a bagley/holmes lineup would look like but walton refused to put them on the floor together. Bagley only played C and Bjelica, Barnes and Ariza got all the PF minutes. 

I will say that Holmes play is keeping him too relevant and he is just too good to be a small role on the team. I was originally hoping that hed play over 30min at C and Bagley would play 90% of his minutes at PF but after seeing the game tonight, I don't think that'll be the case. But, I can see Holmes at least getting 22 to 24 min a night with some nights getting over 25. That's good enough for me and he will still be rosterable at that point but I don't think he will be anywhere near as good as he has been for fantasy.

Edited by SeanH

neither Bagley nor Holmes can shoot the 3. Hence 95 % of the time they will NOT share the court together. Bagleys minutes will increase towards 28 minutes at center (where he will start) and 5 minutes at PF, hence Holmes will get 18 to 20 minutes at center. Walton does not care about your fantasy squads. Bagley is one of the Kings cornerstones and Holmes will be gone within the next 1 or 2 seasons. Just be glad that you had 2 months of early round production. Holmes will still put up Top 80 to Top 100 value I would guess in even limite minutes.

• Like 1