NBC Sports Edge Forums

Richaun Holmes 2019-2020 Outlook

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

53 minutes ago, HerrMcKenzie said:

neither Bagley nor Holmes can shoot the 3. Hence 95 % of the time they will NOT share the court together. Bagleys minutes will increase towards 28 minutes at center (where he will start) and 5 minutes at PF, hence Holmes will get 18 to 20 minutes at center. Walton does not care about your fantasy squads. Bagley is one of the Kings cornerstones and Holmes will be gone within the next 1 or 2 seasons. Just be glad that you had 2 months of early round production. Holmes will still put up Top 80 to Top 100 value I would guess in even limite minutes.

Unfortunately for Holmes' valueI believe you are correct.  Holmes owners should have sold high a couple weeks ago.

I still believe in Holmes. As strange as some of Walton's decisions may be, even he has to admit that Holmes is the main reason for the team's success.

I think Bagley will play 30mpg cause he's the centerpiece of their offense, but I still see Holmes playing around 25-27mpg. They just have to share the court for a small amount of time to make that possible.

Don't panic yet guys!

• Like 2
3 hours ago, HerrMcKenzie said:

neither Bagley nor Holmes can shoot the 3. Hence 95 % of the time they will NOT share the court together. Bagleys minutes will increase towards 28 minutes at center (where he will start) and 5 minutes at PF, hence Holmes will get 18 to 20 minutes at center. Walton does not care about your fantasy squads. Bagley is one of the Kings cornerstones and Holmes will be gone within the next 1 or 2 seasons. Just be glad that you had 2 months of early round production. Holmes will still put up Top 80 to Top 100 value I would guess in even limite minutes.

This is just wrong. He played 25 minutes tonight with foul trouble and Bags is not on a minutes restriction. Yeah Bagley will get more minutes but he will definitely be playing some 4 as well. He shared the court last season with WCS, an even more limited offensive player than Holmes.

Go ahead and trade Holmes and his "top 80-100 value" and come back here and complain when he continues to beast. The dude is just a winning basketball player and the king's are trying to make the playoffs right now. Sometimes I wonder if people even watch games anymore or just box scores.

• Like 2

Holmes has value even in 25 minutes. I owned him when he was in Philly and most of their bigs were hurt. I don't think everyone expected he'll continue his tear with Bagley back. If you did, then that's on you. If he can produce around 11/8/1.4 ROS, that's very serviceable on your roster. 

• Like 2
15 minutes ago, HispasianTuna said:

11/8/1.4

Well that's basically his production on the season. That's gonna be lower ROS. 

17 minutes ago, stay_woke said:

This is just wrong. He played 25 minutes tonight with foul trouble and Bags is not on a minutes restriction. Yeah Bagley will get more minutes but he will definitely be playing some 4 as well. He shared the court last season with WCS, an even more limited offensive player than Holmes.

Go ahead and trade Holmes and his "top 80-100 value" and come back here and complain when he continues to beast. The dude is just a winning basketball player and the king's are trying to make the playoffs right now. Sometimes I wonder if people even watch games anymore or just box scores.

Well Bagley played only 23 minutes yesterday, he will get 32 to 35 mpg. And I really see Walton reactivate Dedmon when Bagley plays PF. Other than that they got some other options at PF like Bjelica, Barnes and Ariza (who they suddenly play more than 20mpg). So the Kings need to make room for 32 minutes a game. That's gonna take a big hit on the aforementioned incl Holmes. 

25 minutes ago, davidhammer said:

People say Bagley + Holmes can‘t work due to spacing problems, but how is it going to work in New Orleans between Zion and Favors?

Zion isn‘t a better 3pt shooter than Bagley right?

Zion can handle the ball though. He isn't some big who just stands around the paint clogging it up. Dude will be on the perimeter running PnR with Favors.

Marvin Bagley said he understood why Luke Walton brought him off the bench in his first game back following a six-week absence, but he doesn't anticipate that being a long-term thing.

"I’m just going to play my game," Bagley said after Wednesday's win. "I’m getting back into the swing of things, so coming off the bench for a couple games or whatever it is, it’s not something I’m trying to get used to... When you’re out six weeks, you’re not just going to come right back and start. You’ve got to work your way back in, so that’s what I’m going to do." The former No. 2 overall pick should be back in the starting unit sooner rather than later, and the good news is that head coach Luke Walton said he was fine with Richaun Holmes and Bagley sharing the floor.

• Like 2
51 minutes ago, simon said:

Marvin Bagley said he understood why Luke Walton brought him off the bench in his first game back following a six-week absence, but he doesn't anticipate that being a long-term thing.

"I’m just going to play my game," Bagley said after Wednesday's win. "I’m getting back into the swing of things, so coming off the bench for a couple games or whatever it is, it’s not something I’m trying to get used to... When you’re out six weeks, you’re not just going to come right back and start. You’ve got to work your way back in, so that’s what I’m going to do." The former No. 2 overall pick should be back in the starting unit sooner rather than later, and the good news is that head coach Luke Walton said he was fine with Richaun Holmes and Bagley sharing the floor.

But did they actually share the floor together? (didn‘t see the game)

1 hour ago, davidhammer said:

But did they actually share the floor together? (didn‘t see the game)

I heard people say they havent (0 mins played together), but it was just one game. We could get better insights in the following games.

No they haven't shared the court this year yet, but Bagley played exclusively PF last year and shared the court with WCS at times so I don't think anyone should panic. Expect at least the next two weeks for fluctuating lineups and rotation experiments so Walton and the coaching staff can get a feel for which lineups work and which don't. People panic all the time but that's the nature of humans. Just relax and see how the rotations pan out the next two weeks. If it sticks and they are splitting minutes after that, then adjust accordingly. I watch Sac games and Holmes is a defensive monster. He wins games off of his solid defensive performances and made another great defensive effort to stay in front and alter the last second shot of Chris Paul to secure this last game. I don't think Walton will keep the two completely separated out of necessity. Hang in there boys

• Like 1
1 hour ago, CoachK said:

No they haven't shared the court this year yet, but Bagley played exclusively PF last year and shared the court with WCS at times so I don't think anyone should panic. Expect at least the next two weeks for fluctuating lineups and rotation experiments so Walton and the coaching staff can get a feel for which lineups work and which don't. People panic all the time but that's the nature of humans. Just relax and see how the rotations pan out the next two weeks. If it sticks and they are splitting minutes after that, then adjust accordingly. I watch Sac games and Holmes is a defensive monster. He wins games off of his solid defensive performances and made another great defensive effort to stay in front and alter the last second shot of Chris Paul to secure this last game. I don't think Walton will keep the two completely separated out of necessity. Hang in there boys

Well said. This situation also comes down to how much the Kings want to win. Right now Holmes is a better player than Bagley, so if they somehow stay in playoff contention that's good news for Holmes.

I'm hoping the Kings play them both together, but I worry it would be similar to the Knicks terrible lineups with Randle and Robinson together.

29 minutes ago, wallacesnoop said:

Um, Holmes is not better than Bagley.  

Also, for spacing reasons, I expect to see a lot more Bjelica + Bagley than Holmes + Bagley.  The train isn't coming to a screeching halt, but it is slowing.

How many times have we seen this in fantasy, so many examples of a bench guy being considered better than the starter. Holmes is done, Walton/Bagley will leave him with a 20 mins max bench role. 

• Haha 1
12 hours ago, wallacesnoop said:

Um, Holmes is not better than Bagley.  

Also, for spacing reasons, I expect to see a lot more Bjelica + Bagley than Holmes + Bagley.  The train isn't coming to a screeching halt, but it is slowing.

Right now Bagley is simply not very good at the 5, where he got most of his minutes last game. Bagley definitely has the most upside, and he's going to get playing time since they just drafted him at #2 last year, but that doesn't necessarily mean that today he's the better player.

Bagley doesn't play good defense or stretch the floor, at least Holmes can do one of those things.

• Like 3

Spacing has been the question with Bagley/Holmes playing together, but I have been wondering this since last year actually...  Why Holmes abandoned the three point shot? He stopped shooting them altogether last year in Phoenix and this year.  

Because I remember the Philly days he was beginning to shoot the three a little and relatively well his second year.  When I watched his games the shot didn't look that bad.  It was one of the reasons I was very excited when I had scooped him off the wire that year when Embiid went down during his "rookie" year. 

I don't have Holmes this year, but for those that do, something to think about.  Maybe Holmes starts shooting them a little again to help with the spacing and so he can stay on the court with Bagley?

16 hours ago, MilesBridgesBetterThanZion said:

How many times have we seen this in fantasy, so many examples of a bench guy being considered better than the starter. Holmes is done, Walton/Bagley will leave him with a 20 mins max bench role. 

So you defend Nunn and trash people for dropping him, then go here and trash Holmes? Is someone in your league closely watching this thread or are you just a hater. IMO Holmes will be a hold longer than Nunn will be.