NBC Sports Edge Forums

Richaun Holmes 2019-2020 Outlook

4 hours ago, Eltoro said:

Dude this is what I'm trying to tell you, and you clearly are not getting it. Walton said he was NOT cleared for full contact practice. It's right there in the quote. 

The team update also said he is progressing towards full-contact basketball activities. 

https://mobile.twitter.com/James_HamNBCS/status/1225949448833863680  

Now sure he should be fine after the ASB, but my main point is that he is not healthy NOW and as such should not be valued as a healthy player. What happens if he has another setback? He already had one.  

It's good to be optimistic but you don't trade a healthy top 10 player for a question mark. Period. 

As @Flamez said, he practiced in a full contact practice on Wednesday, then because he had soreness, he did only non-contact on Thursday.

Edited by fbbaddict
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, fbbaddict said:

As @Flamez said, he practiced in a full contact practice on Wednesday, then because he had soreness, he did only non-contact on Thursday.

Flamez also said he is healthy. In my opinion being held out of 80% of practice and then missing the next three games with no timetable for a reevaluation or return is not healthy. 

I mean he probably comes back right after the ASB. But this was also supposed to initially be a 2-3 week timeline and he is still feeling pain.

All I'm saying is this: in these situations you want to buy low with lesser assets. Not overpay with better ones.

3 minutes ago, Eltoro said:

Flamez also said he is healthy. In my opinion being held out of 80% of practice and then missing the next three games with no timetable for a reevaluation or return is not healthy. 

I mean he probably comes back right after the ASB. But this was also supposed to initially be a 2-3 week timeline and he is still feeling pain.

All I'm saying is this: in these situations you want to buy low with lesser assets. Not overpay with better ones.

Yeah, agree with the other parts, but you said he didn't do contact practice, just wanted to clarify that.

Edited by fbbaddict
10 minutes ago, DiscoNinja33 said:

Wonder what type of treatment he requires. 

Would love to know what the actual injury is. 

It’s a shoulder strain. He’ll be back first game after all star break ready to go. I don’t mean to be rude and this isn’t just at you this is more for everyone but holy fuk everyone here is overreacting like a bunch of pussies. He got injured. Now they’re being cautious. He’s at home instead of being a useless waste on the bench and rather he’s at home getting treatment so he can be back soon. This isn’t a conspiracy theory, if he was seriously injured they would say so. End of story. 

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, Flamez said:

It’s a shoulder strain. He’ll be back first game after all star break ready to go. I don’t mean to be rude and this isn’t just at you this is more for everyone but holy fuk everyone here is overreacting like a bunch of pussies. He got injured. Now they’re being cautious. He’s at home instead of being a useless waste on the bench and rather he’s at home getting treatment so he can be back soon. This isn’t a conspiracy theory, if he was seriously injured they would say so. End of story. 

People are just curious calm down man. Not like the Kings lies about Bagley and now he’s done for the year but yes everyone here is a p***

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
2 minutes ago, DonutGiveUp said:

People are just curious calm down man. Not like the Kings lies about Bagley and now he’s done for the year but yes everyone here is a p***

But do you get what I’m saying. I’m calm my man but it’s 8/10 ppl that are tripping on this situation. A few days ago he practiced full contact and if it wasn’t for some soreness he would’ve been playing. And honestly the bagley injury is probably why they’re doing this, giving him extra rest so that once he returns there’s no more going back 

3 hours ago, Flamez said:

Yeah just like Covington last season.  Oh wait??? He never came back! Why weren't we told?!?

Not saying this is Richaun, but it could be. You never know. 

• Like 2
30 minutes ago, sixers11 said:

Yeah just like Covington last season.  Oh wait??? He never came back! Why weren't we told?!?

Not saying this is Richaun, but it could be. You never know. 

Bro you can’t compare a bone bruise in a knee to a shoulder strain. That’s not fair my man 

1 minute ago, Flamez said:

Including. Starting from today 

Damn its not even for sure he's playing after the re-evaluation period so best case scenario, Feb 25th he'll be re-evaluated & be able to play the 27th presuming he is fully healthy and ready to rock. Worst case scenario he gets re-evaluated march 3rd which is playoff time and return Mar 5th. Or just not play at all if he suffers a set back. im considering trading him but since it's all star break im tempted to just wait.

Just now, shiftysaj said:

Damn its not even for sure he's playing after the re-evaluation period so best case scenario, Feb 25th he'll be re-evaluated & be able to play the 27th presuming he is fully healthy and ready to rock. Worst case scenario he gets re-evaluated march 3rd which is playoff time and return Mar 5th. Or just not play at all if he suffers a set back. im considering trading him but since it's all star break im tempted to just wait.

He just practiced full contact then had soreness and now this. I think they’re just trying to avoid another bagley situation so they’re playing extra safe 

7 minutes ago, Flamez said:

I’m a dumasss this fool is done for 

This is why you shouldn't call everyone names when something isn't certain. 

There were two warning flags here: 

1. A setback from the initial timetable. 
2. No return to play timetable for the reinjury.  

Hopefully he gets back on the court this season because I love the guy. Just hope this is a lesson for people gambling on injured players: discount for uncertainty appropriately. 

• Thanks 1
18 hours ago, DonutGiveUp said:

People were right to be suspicious. This was more serious then the kings prob let on. The constantly changing return date, setback in practice, etc

• Like 1
Just now, Eltoro said:

This is why you shouldn't call everyone names when something isn't certain. 

There were two warning flags here: 

1. A setback from the initial timetable. 
2. No return to play timetable for the reinjury.  

Hopefully he gets back on the court this season because I love the guy. Just hope this is a lesson for people gambling on injured players: discount for uncertainty appropriately. 

Facts I just thought that the Kings were an nba organization for a second but I was trippin

2-3 more weeks?!  Ugh. At least it's during the ASB, so it's more like 1-2 more weeks ... That is, assuming he doesn't suffer setbacks or anything.

I think I'm more pissed that the Kings weren't forthcoming with his actual injury. For over a month, we (and roto) were all like, "Oh, he just banged his shoulder, so shoulder soreness should go away in a few days".  Now a labral tear (I've had friends who have had one, and I've got one myself) is much more serious; a PRP injection MIGHT help, so at least it's a faster process than surgery, but it's still not good.

1 minute ago, IDatDude said:

People were right to be suspicious. This was more serious then the kings prob let on. The constantly changing return date, setback in practice, etc

You could tell. Did the same thing with Bagley. Butler hurt his shoulder and returned 2 games later. They said Holmes had soreness when it was a labral tear! Kings are a disgrace 

• Haha 1