NBC Sports Edge Forums

Richaun Holmes 2019-2020 Outlook

18 hours ago, Flamez said:

It’s a shoulder strain. He’ll be back first game after all star break ready to go. I don’t mean to be rude and this isn’t just at you this is more for everyone but holy fuk everyone here is overreacting like a bunch of pussies. He got injured. Now they’re being cautious. He’s at home instead of being a useless waste on the bench and rather he’s at home getting treatment so he can be back soon. This isn’t a conspiracy theory, if he was seriously injured they would say so. End of story. 

We are all in the dark, trying to figure wtf is going on with the Kings. You shouldn’t name call people “pussies” lol and state things with certainty like this.

“End of Story”  is a strong statement, people who read these threads for advice/outlook And may make decision based on posts on heres this could misled ppl

• Thanks 2
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, DonutGiveUp said:

You could tell. Did the same thing with Bagley. Butler hurt his shoulder and returned 2 games later. They said Holmes had soreness when it was a labral tear! Kings are a disgrace 

The only thing that makes this better is that ASB afford him like a 1-1.5 wk cushion, so really it’s only prob 1 wk more then originally planned anyways. Hoping for no setbacks though, he really was my fave underdog story/fave fantasy player to own this yr. The 215 still got love for Holmes lol

• Like 2

Y'all are surprised the Kings are a garbage franchise?  

And let's cool the beef here, guys.  I know we're all pissed about stuff, but we shouldn't take it out on each other.  Just gotta move on and hope Holmes can return by our fantasy finals (or, for anyone struggling to get there, that he returns earlier).

Just now, Bringthesonicsback said:

Tf are the kings doing? This injury has had to have been mismanaged 

Him coming back, practicing and reinjuring his ****...is pretty damn telling this was prob mismanaged from the jump 🤦🏻‍♂️ 

9 minutes ago, IDatDude said:

The only thing that makes this better is that ASB afford him like a 1-1.5 wk cushion, so really it’s only prob 1 wk more then originally planned anyways. Hoping for no setbacks though, he really was my fave underdog story/fave fantasy player to own this yr. The 215 still got love for Holmes lol

Lol was hoping he would give us all a nice boost for the playoffs. Issue is he will be evaluated after that timeline and even when he returns they will treat him with kid gloves. Can't believe the nba allows teams to hide injuries like this. That or Kings don't know the differences between soreness and tear lol   

16 minutes ago, IDatDude said:

👊🏻

trust the process

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, FantasyBallFan said:

If you have roster space I guess Len is a decent handcuff going forward. Don’t think Giles is physically capable of 20 mins a night.

I think Giles will continue to start, but Jabari will get a look at the four with Nemanja playing some 5. 

The Kings are an absolute dumpster fire though. Not picking up the option on Giles was one of the dumbest things I've seen them do, and they have done a lot of really dumb things. 

3 minutes ago, FantasyBallFan said:

Paul George and AD have played full seasons with the same injury.

In their non-shooting shoulders. Holmes's injury is to his shooting shoulder.  

Not that you can even say their injuries are the same without seeing the charts... One might have been a very minor injury while another might be much more severe. 

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, FantasyBallFan said:

Paul George and AD have played full seasons with the same injury.

Paul George had surgery to repair both and when has AD played with a shoulder tear lol. AD is playing through a shoulder issue but not a tear. Research and get familiar with what a labram tear is good sir

8 minutes ago, DemOrioles said:

I’m having a hard time believing he’s going to play again this season.  Both he and Bagley. Kings are going nowhere.

They are toast. The trade to acquire Len and Parker was the writing on the wall we all just didn't see it

34 minutes ago, DonutGiveUp said:

Paul George had surgery to repair both and when has AD played with a shoulder tear lol. AD is playing through a shoulder issue but not a tear. Research and get familiar with what a labram tear is good sir

PG played last year with a torn labrum prior to having surgery. Yes he did have surgery but I was simply letting you know that it’s been done before. For AD see the link below

34 minutes ago, DonutGiveUp said:

https://www.si.com/.amp/nba/2016/03/21/new-orleans-pelicans-anthony-davis-torn-labrum-miss-olympics

I was speaking in past tense sir. Meaning I was not speaking on his current shoulder imjury. See the link below good sir. I hope you take your own advice and do some research.

Edited by FantasyBallFan

No chance he's back in 2 to 3 weeks. 

Labral tears are tricky. 

If the platelet injection was just done, he is 4-6 weeks away.. best case scenario.

Most likely scenario is out for the season and surgery.

For the record I have one and went down the non surgery route.

It's sore every day.

5 years and counting. 

20 minutes ago, FantasyBallFan said:

PG played last year with a torn labrum prior to having surgery. Yes he did have surgery but I was simply letting you know that it’s been done before. For AD see the link below

https://www.si.com/.amp/nba/2016/03/21/new-orleans-pelicans-anthony-davis-torn-labrum-miss-olympics

I was speaking in past tense sir. Meaning I was not speaking on his current shoulder imjury. See the link below good sir. I hope you take your own advice and do some research.

Ok man didn't know you were a doctor. Each case and body is different but carry on 

2 minutes ago, DiscoNinja33 said:

No chance he's back in 2 to 3 weeks. 

Labral tears are tricky. 

If the platelet injection was just done, he is 4-6 weeks away.. best case scenario.

Most likely scenario is out for the season and surgery.

For the record I have one and went down the non surgery route.

It's sore every day.

5 years and counting. 

Yup doesn't heal right without surgery. Happened to me too with baseball and its been a decade and i still feel it sometimes. I think he is done for the year there is zero reason to bring him back

• Like 1