NBC Sports Edge Forums

Richaun Holmes 2019-2020 Outlook

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 minutes ago, DonutGiveUp said:

Ok man didn't know you were a doctor. Each case and body is different but carry on 

Of course each case is different. I tried to let you know players with a reported labrum tear have done more than practice and it seems you took offence to that

Not a doctor good sir. I just do my research before speaking. Especially before I tell someone else to conduct their own research 😂

4 minutes ago, RedDogNamedClippers said:

Man. Enough with the bickering, who is dropping? That’s the main question. We have no PHD’s in here and all this speculation and hear say. Are you dropping or holding? I know not everybody in here is in first place.

I am 3rd and moving on from him. News is not good at all. Adding D. Rose for him

7 minutes ago, RedDogNamedClippers said:

Man. Enough with the bickering, who is dropping? That’s the main question. We have no PHD’s in here and all this speculation and hear say. Are you dropping or holding? I know not everybody in here is in first place.

Already dropped. 

Holding.  Not exactly thrilled about this outcome, but if I can make the playoffs and have an IL, I'll at least wait for his reevaluation.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, MWon said:

2-3 more weeks?!  Ugh. At least it's during the ASB, so it's more like 1-2 more weeks ... That is, assuming he doesn't suffer setbacks or anything.

I think I'm more pissed that the Kings weren't forthcoming with his actual injury. For over a month, we (and roto) were all like, "Oh, he just banged his shoulder, so shoulder soreness should go away in a few days".  Now a labral tear (I've had friends who have had one, and I've got one myself) is much more serious; a PRP injection MIGHT help, so at least it's a faster process than surgery, but it's still not good.

I’m reading about labrum tears in the shoulder and the usual recovery time is 6-8 weeks + he has a professional medical staff behind (even though Kings med staff is made up of crackheads) can we safely say he’ll be playing in a months time? Be realistic w me 

Just now, Flamez said:

I’m reading about labrum tears in the shoulder and the usual recovery time is 6-8 weeks + he has a professional medical staff behind (even though Kings med staff is made up of crackheads) can we safely say he’ll be playing in a months time? Be realistic w me 

If your 6-8 week timeline is correct he’d be back between the middle of Feb and the start of March (injury was Jan 6th).

13 minutes ago, reverb said:

Yeah, who is dropping here? My playoffs started this week so I need to make cuts. Especially if PJ gets another flurry of weeks added on to his return.

Depends on:  

1. If you have an IR slot. 
2. Your playoff position. 
3. How hard your remaining matchups are. 
4. What's on your wire.  

I'd stash unless fighting desperately for the playoffs with no IR. He hasn't been ruled out for the season and he sounds like he feels good. This could just as easily be a Kyrie situation where the PRP works out. 

I've had one (partial, not complete) labrum tear, and I'll just say from my own experience, it did take about that much time.  Couldn't move my arm above my shoulders, couldn't even walk for long periods of time, and needed pain meds daily.  Did PT and yeah, took about 6-8 weeks for me to fully heal without surgery. Again, it's anecdotal and a personal testimony, so I ain't a doctor; please just take this for face value, or ignore it. IDGAF.

The problem is that we really don't know how inept the Kings' medical staff really is.  They diagnosed (or at least disclosed) Holmes' injury as 'general soreness' for the longest time, so if they didn't know what it actually was, his recovery time could be much longer than returning in Feb or whatever, given that he was trying to practice through it as if it were just a minor injury.  Since it's been THIS long and only now have they resorted to PRP injections (which was an option for me too), I'm guessing either they weren't actually aware of the extent of the injury, or they were hiding it and it just didn't get better fast enough.  

Either way, they look pretty damn stupid right now.  Especially with Bagley also out and the Kings desperately needing a center. Also doesn't help that they overpaid Dedmon, then didn't use him, then got him pissed, and now they're left with Len and maybe Giles/Parker/Bjelica for small ball C.

Edited by MWon
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
10 minutes ago, Eltoro said:

Depends on:  

1. If you have an IR slot. 
2. Your playoff position. 
3. How hard your remaining matchups are. 
4. What's on your wire.  

I'd stash unless fighting desperately for the playoffs with no IR. He hasn't been ruled out for the season and he sounds like he feels good. This could just as easily be a Kyrie situation where the PRP works out. 

Brooklyn needs Kyrie to lock down a playoff spot, Kings are bad and added insurance at the deadline they will bring him back very slowly that is my fear. Hopefully the next update is positive 

34 minutes ago, RedDogNamedClippers said:

We have no PHD’s in here and all this speculation and hear say.

Understatement of the year unless PHD stands for playa hating degree. Then we got a whole gang of that type up in here.

• Haha 4
1 minute ago, IDatDude said:

Such incompetence from Sac? How do you have a strain and tear mixed up?! Like wtf Lol

Labral tears can be tricky to pick up in an MRI. 

I had all the symptoms of a labral tear, but my first MRI was inconclusive. 

2nd MRI picked it up though (I potentially did more damage to it between scans for the imaging to show it clearly) 

• Thanks 1
21 hours ago, Flamez said:

It’s a shoulder strain. He’ll be back first game after all star break ready to go. I don’t mean to be rude and this isn’t just at you this is more for everyone but holy fuk everyone here is overreacting like a bunch of pussies. He got injured. Now they’re being cautious. He’s at home instead of being a useless waste on the bench and rather he’s at home getting treatment so he can be back soon. This isn’t a conspiracy theory, if he was seriously injured they would say so. End of story. 

LOL. Epic. Eeeeeeepic fail.

Cringe-worthy.

• Haha 1
6 minutes ago, Tomy said:

Traduction please? When he will be back ? In 2 weeks?

He has had a PRP injection. 
He will be "re-evaluated" in 2-3 weeks. 

He would then need to complete multiple full contact training sessions to see how the shoulder reponds. 

Best case scenario is playing in 4 weeks on restricted minutes. 

Worst case and imo likely outcome is shut down and surgery. 

Edited by DiscoNinja33
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1