NBC Sports Edge Forums

Richaun Holmes 2019-2020 Outlook

had a feeling something was up when he felt sore after practice. still tried to trade for him however but there was a slight gut feeling something was wrong as it's the kings lol. when the first injury came out regarding the shoulder, they were downplaying it as something sore/dinged up. here we are a month later...

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol at these fools dropping him right before the all star break! We can all knock like 10 days off his injury since theres no games played during that time. I don't feel great about his outlook and traded Russell for him, but he's a hold everywhere if you're making playoffs. 

I'm in a bind trying to hold onto my 2nd seed bye, so I don't know what I'm going to do, but wouldn't dream of dropping an injured player 1 day before the break. 

• Like 2
4 hours ago, IDatDude said:

We are all in the dark, trying to figure wtf is going on with the Kings. You shouldn’t name call people “pussies” lol and state things with certainty like this.

“End of Story”  is a strong statement, people who read these threads for advice/outlook And may make decision based on posts on heres this could misled ppl

You’re absolutely right. The fact that he practiced in a full contract practice honestly made me feel this way. For some reason, I thought the Kings were an nba organization but I was totally wrong on that too. My bad boys 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 minute ago, johnval1362 said:

Lol at these fools dropping him right before the all star break! We can all knock like 10 days off his injury since theres no games played during that time. I don't feel great about his outlook and traded Russell for him, but he's a hold everywhere if you're making playoffs. 

I'm in a bind trying to hold onto my 2nd seed bye, so I don't know what I'm going to do, but wouldn't dream of dropping an injured player 1 day before the break. 

This isn't a Contusion or strain, it's a labral tear. 

Read up on them and case studies if you're not going to listen to advice from people who have actually had personal experience with them. 

Or have a read through PRP injection rehab guidelines. 

https://www.uwhealth.org/files/uwhealth/docs/sportsmed/sports_med_PRP.pdf

1 hour ago, Roto4500 said:

LOL. Epic. Eeeeeeepic fail.

Cringe-worthy.

Cringe worthy ... what are you 10 years old dawg. Grow up. Ppl make mistakes. He had a full contact practice and all signs were showing that he was ready to return. This forum even had a page worth of ppl getting hyped filled w reporters comments saying he’s expected back this week. Gtfo w that 

• Haha 1
Just now, Flamez said:

You’re absolutely right. The fact that he practiced in a full contract practice honestly made me feel this way. For some reason, I thought the Kings were an nba organization but I was totally wrong on that too. My bad boys 

I’ll give you the all the credit in the world though bro. You took full blame after being wrong, didn’t downplay anything or double down. A lot ppl just go ghost or are real obnoxious when there takes backfire lol. Kudos  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
1 minute ago, IDatDude said:

I’ll give you the all the credit in the world though bro. You took full blame after being wrong, didn’t downplay anything or double down. A lot ppl just go ghost or are real obnoxious when there takes backfire lol. Kudos  

Thank you brother 

15 minutes ago, johnval1362 said:

I agree with your premise.  I have a 5th place team with 4 INJ tagged guys right now.  In no world would I ever carry that many this far into the season on a team that's on the bubble...unless it was right before the ASG.

But in this case? Nah, dude, just let him go.

• Like 1

Prefacing with I'm definitely not a doctor and have no idea how similar or different Rishaun's tear was to mine, but labral tears don't really heal. The labrum is more like a ring of cartilage that keeps the shoulder in place. He's not going to heal in two weeks. It's more a matter of the extent of the pain and how much he can tolerate. For me, it wasn't the labral tear that was painful. It was the shoulder impingement that was associated with it. The way I had to treat the labral tear was to the build up the supporting muscles around the shoulder joint. Mostly rotator cuff and lower trap work and it took me over six months to rehab. The only other option was surgery. I'm holding in my IR spot, but I don't have much faith that he'll be useful this season.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Flamez said:

I wanna cry bro my heart is falling out of my assshole. Is that normal? 

Seems normal for a Monday morning - but damn brotha, heart passing through your a**hole on a Tuesday!?!? Should get that checked out.

sorry about your loss. Don’t wanna get into your team build, but trading away a stud for multiple players rarely works out in the fantasy world.

stay safe out there. Don’t trust your farts .

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

I’m reading up on the injury and I’m hearing that the Kings knew about the tear, but because of Holmes wanting to play through it they labeled it as a vague shoulder soreness and changed it when he couldn’t.

So assuming that’s the case it’s already been 5 weeks of rehab, will this injection really add that much to his already long timeline? I’m hearing 6-8 MORE weeks after the injection? I’m just banking on him playing through the injury at this point after these 2-3 weeks of rehab. AD and PG played through a torn labrum, but this is WITHOUT the injection.

F*** man 6-8 weeks is a long time and probably rules him out for fantasy playoffs too, so I’m assessing my options even though I’m already locked for playoffs.

Edited by Espoiral
31 minutes ago, Espoiral said:

I’m reading up on the injury and I’m hearing that the Kings knew about the tear, but because of Holmes wanting to play through it they labeled it as a vague shoulder soreness and changed it when he couldn’t.

So assuming that’s the case it’s already been 5 weeks of rehab, will this injection really add that much to his already long timeline? I’m hearing 6-8 MORE weeks after the injection? I’m just banking on him playing through the injury at this point after these 2-3 weeks of rehab. AD and PG played through a torn labrum, but this is WITHOUT the injection.

F*** man 6-8 weeks is a long time and probably rules him out for fantasy playoffs too, so I’m assessing my options even though I’m already locked for playoffs.

what’s this now? Was reported today it would be another 2-3 weeks - sucks, but with the ASB coming it’s not so bad considering.

whats this 6-8 weeks you are talking about?

2 minutes ago, Ray Barboni said:

what’s this now? Was reported today it would be another 2-3 weeks - sucks, but with the ASB coming it’s not so bad considering.

PRP Injection Rehab guideline is resuming normal activities in 6-8 weeks 

Immobilization period is 10-14 days, so no way he returns in 2 weeks. 

14 minutes ago, Ray Barboni said:

This is the same mistake people always make in fantasy.  

It's 2-3 weeks before *re-evaluation* and an update, not necessarily 2-3 weeks before a return.   

https://mobile.twitter.com/James_HamNBCS/status/1227296377069133824/photo/1

Edited by Eltoro

Can I just ask though - usually these re-evaluations come during the tail end of the player's expected recovery to decide if he's ready to play or not.

Why a re-evaluation in just 2-3 weeks for a treatment that supposedly needs 6-8 weeks to rehab for? Wouldn't it be better to say, "out for at least 6 weeks, re-evaluated after"?

42 minutes ago, Espoiral said:

Can I just ask though - usually these re-evaluations come during the tail end of the player's expected recovery to decide if he's ready to play or not.

Why a re-evaluation in just 2-3 weeks for a treatment that supposedly needs 6-8 weeks to rehab for? Wouldn't it be better to say, "out for at least 6 weeks, re-evaluated after"?

Because teams like to be as vague as possible. 

49 minutes ago, Espoiral said:

I don't think PRP is necessarily a 6-8 week procedure. Porzingis got one in his knee on Jan 9th and was back Jan 21st.  

Now this is a completely different injury, but if I had to guess, they are going to see if the PRP improves things enough to the point where he can resume contact practice and go the non-surgical route. But if it doesn't, they might choose surgery and shutdown. Complete guess on my part but that's why I suspect they are keeping things vague.

14 minutes ago, Eltoro said:

I don't think PRP is necessarily a 6-8 week procedure. Porzingis got one in his knee on Jan 9th and was back Jan 21st.  

Now this is a completely different injury, but if I had to guess, they are going to see if the PRP improves things enough to the point where he can resume contact practice and go the non-surgical route. But if it doesn't, they might choose surgery and shutdown. Complete guess on my part but that's why I suspect they are keeping things vague.

That is the hope that's keeping me from dropping him. The thing I'm confused is that whether the injection accelerates the recovery period to be able to play (2-3 weeks, then play through it), rather than extending the recovery period (6-8 weeks). The 5 weeks out beforehand also has to play a factor, right?

Also, if people were able to play through the injury without the injection, how much will this injection affect his ability to play through the injury assuming he wants to come back in 2-3 weeks?

Edited by Espoiral

So we're looking at a potential March 2 return, if we're lucky and everything goes well.......... that leaves some of us with 2 weeks of regular season & 3 weeks of playoffs. F*** this is tough. My Holmes is holding us all hostage!!!!!!!!

• Like 1