NBC Sports Edge Forums

Richaun Holmes 2019-2020 Outlook

53 minutes ago, kilslo said:

I read the Kings have not ruled out the possibility of surgery for Holmes but the team is hoping he responds well to the PRP injection

Jesus

Kyrie responded well to his so hopefully Holmes does as well

Link?

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that quote is more the mental than physical. He is saying he really wants to be out there and is ready because he misses playing so much. 

I don’t think it’s a medical opinion. The way this rehab will work is likely that he will feel fine to the end. Then he goes through a real practice or warmups, and we pray he feels no pain. 

I do love his desire to get back, though. It shows shutdown is not even remotely in his thinking. 

• Like 6
23 minutes ago, reverb said:

Well the Kyrie news doesn't bode well for Holmes.

I'm in the playoffs but with Favors falling off and Holmes out, might be game over for me.

Holmes would be my the final bullet. I'm waiting ofr this news to drop with KAT also trending negatively.

22 minutes ago, HispasianTuna said:

Why would it not bode well for Holmes? Do we even know if it's the same type of shoulder injury? 

Aside from it being a shoulder injury and both of them getting a PRP injection instead of opting for surgery, I guess it's just the paranoia of everything falling apart on my team at the worst time. FMlL

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
2 hours ago, Espoiral said:

Have both KAT and Holmes.

This is bad.

I've got Bagley, KAT and Holmes in one league.  I ... I'm hurting, my dude.

2 hours ago, reverb said:

Aside from it being a shoulder injury and both of them getting a PRP injection instead of opting for surgery, I guess it's just the paranoia of everything falling apart on my team at the worst time. FMlL

Kyrie did not get PRP. He got a cortisone shot to reduce inflammation. But honestly, his prognosis should've been better than Richaun's. I am really hoping Holmes comes back, but PRP is often a hail Mary therapy.

Edited by MuscleChestbrook
  • Like 1
3 hours ago, davidhammer said:

https://www.google.at/amp/s/www.fantasypros.com/nba/news/251521/richaun-holmes-shoulder-out-thursdays-matchup.php%3famp

fantasypros saying he’s near a return...

any source to this or is it just an assumption ?

His mother, who is a doctor, said he will return. She had tweeted before that he will return in a few days before Holmes went through the full contact practice, where he had a setback, so she's somewhat a reliable source lol.

Edit: She also tweeted these:

Edited by fbbaddict
  • Thanks 3
8 hours ago, fbbaddict said:

His mother, who is a doctor, said he will return. She had tweeted before that he will return in a few days before Holmes went through the full contact practice, where he had a setback, so she's somewhat a reliable source lol.

Edit: She also tweeted these:

She’s a doctor of divinity, not an MD.

• Thanks 5
  • Haha 1
7 minutes ago, DeadfootGhazi said:

It's Luke. This just confirms he has no clue. 

Also, no bad news is, in itself, good news. They are hoping Holmes stays pain-free while he ramps up over the next week.

I've torn a labrum before, you can still lift weights with minimal pain. 

Sudden burst movements is where the severe pain occurs, or jolting of the shoulder in a particular direction. 

He's cooked. Mark my words, if he does play it will be 1 game and then will pull the pin. 

• Like 1