NBC Sports Edge Forums

Richaun Holmes 2019-2020 Outlook

3 minutes ago, dlionsfan901 said:

Wow.  Someone talk to me here.  Does Bagely hurt Holmes value when he returns? Please tell me we got something here..

Bagley plays the 4. We may just my friend, we may just. This guy holmes reminds me of montrezl harrell i had him last year, similar stats, similar game style.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, dlionsfan901 said:

Wow.  Someone talk to me here.  Does Bagely hurt Holmes value when he returns? Please tell me we got something here..

I think he will. Correct me if I'm wrong here. For one, I don't think both could share the court at the same time. Both of them don't shoot threes. Dedmon does. Hence the pairing for both Dedmon and Bagley, Dedmon being the stretch five. Technically, either Bagley or Holmes becomes the backup C. This is also why Bjelica was the chosen PF when Bagley went down. He's a stretch four to Holmes' traditional center role. I'd say minutes get reduced, but hopefully enough minutes to warrant fantasy production.

Maybe it would be useful if someone could dig up minutes Bagley and Holmes shared together on court?

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, dlionsfan901 said:

Bagley. Giles. Dedmon. Bjelica. Barnes. And Walton, one of the worst coaches in sports pulling the strings. He likes to go small and pretend he is the Warriors.

I actually really like Holmes. Always have. But how long do we really think Holmes can get starter minutes before Walton does something nonsensical?

He is playing really well, but they are still losing to the Hornets.....

I wouldn't worry about 'fit' when MBIII comes back. Bagley has shown signs of a shooting touch before, and Dedmon was still plain bad playing with MBIII. The team performs much better when Holmes is playing, and the logical thing to do is to give Holmes all the opportunity - which Walton has done today. Let's hope he sticks to it.

Edited by Espoiral
1 minute ago, WhatIsThisWizardry said:

sigh whyd i listen to the guy that says walton doesnt like centers.... legit had a great window to pick him up and then missed it yday morning.

don't beat yourself up, I dropped him all across the leagues i played after his last stinker.......and that night he blew up

This guy has almost always produced big numbers when given the minutes, as far back as the Philly Process days. If he gets 30ish minutes a night, he will put up these numbers on a regular basis. The only problem is: Walton is a sh*t coach and could jerk him around in the lineup.

But he's too good to not at least take a flier on. At the very least, his upside is way higher than the worst 2-3 guys on your roster probably

Edited by fabrar
4 minutes ago, fabrar said:

This guy has almost always produced big numbers when given the minutes, as far back as the Philly Process days. If he gets 30ish minutes a night, he will put up these numbers on a regular basis. The only problem is: Walton is a sh*t coach and could jerk him around in the lineup.

But he's too good to not at least take a flier on. At the very least, his upside is way higher than the worst 2-3 guys on your roster probably

i was waiting for one more game... tbh thought he was under the radar

Everybody needs to check out those highlights, especially if like me you've never seen this guy play before.  TWO poster dunks in the game, lol.

I love his constant activity in always moving around trying to get open, he has quite a motor.  Good touch around the basket and great athleticism, his Euro-step drive surprised me.  And his length, motor and athleticism are going to get him a block or two a game.

He's definitely making the case for Walton to not screw around with his minutes, but from what I'm reading everyone in here saying about Walton I'm not holding my breath.  Here's to hoping.

They can't play him and Bagley together because neither can shoot 3s. Even if Bagley hits the odd 3, defenses will ignore him, sag off screens, and pack the paint. Holmes will be money until Bagley is back. After that, who knows what will happen with the rotation. You are hoping Holmes can stay around 24 minutes which is enough to return value in standard leagues. 

Guys I think we can stop with the same repeat comments about Walton, we all know he is a bad coach. If he benches or cuts back Holmes minutes and they continue to lose, then the fan base is going to start to lose it. Also if they lose to the Knicks on Sunday then their next chance for a win most likely won't be till they play the wizards at which point they will be 0-14, and it wouldn't be shocking if Walton isn't the coach at that point. And even with how bad of a coach Luke is, even he sees how much better Richaun makes the team. I read something before yesterday's game that the starting 5 with Dedmon in it was -35 and then +15 with the same group but with Holmes. Trust the talent and opportunity and don't overthink on the coach.

• Like 2
  • tonycpsu changed the title to Richaun Holmes 2019-2020 Outlook