NBC Sports Edge Forums

Richaun Holmes 2019-2020 Outlook

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 11/2/2019 at 4:33 PM, davidhammer said:

Is there a chance he'll remain in the starting lineup and get 28-30 mpg even when Bagley returns?? (I own both)

Bagley does his work inside the paint so the Kings signed Dedmon because he spreads the floor. The current starting lineup works because Nemanja Bjelica can spread the floor while Richaun Holmes his work inside the paint. 

My prediction is that Bagley replaces Bjelica as a starter and therefore Dedmon will have to replace Richaun Holmes. Having Bagley and Holmes on the floor at once is a bit redundant. 

8 hours ago, stevenzhang said:

Bagley does his work inside the paint so the Kings signed Dedmon because he spreads the floor. The current starting lineup works because Nemanja Bjelica can spread the floor while Richaun Holmes his work inside the paint. 

My prediction is that Bagley replaces Bjelica as a starter and therefore Dedmon will have to replace Richaun Holmes. Having Bagley and Holmes on the floor at once is a bit redundant. 

This is helpful.  Considering trading for Richaun, but I'm super worried about his playing time once Bagley returns.  Trying to stay prudent but man, Holmes lines night-in and night-out are awesome. 

• Like 1
9 hours ago, stevenzhang said:

This is actually a very good point and I wouldn't be surprised if this actually happened.

And in regards to people comparing him to Gobert-lite, I think Harrell is a better comparison in terms of PER production. 

Edited by IT2
15 minutes ago, IT2 said:

This is actually a very good point and I wouldn't be surprised if this actually happened.

And in regards to people comparing him to Gobert-lite, I think Harrell is a better comparison in terms of PER production. 

One thing I could think of that will reduce Holmes' minutes would be during crunch time, since I'm sure Bagley will be leaned on more than Holmes during these stretches.

4 minutes ago, claptondecheeks said:

Train's derailed tonight boys.

Looking like he's Dedmon'll be a bigger factor when they play teams with bigger/slower centers.

So basically along the lines of Harrell? I'm not sure anyone's complaining about getting another Harrell from waivers...

• Like 1

Eh, still holding but not tightly.  I'm more interested to see if he plays alongside Bagley or if the latter just takes his place at C. 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, kane said:

find a better league next season

lol im in a competitive money league and I'm shocked someone dropped Steven Adams too.

Just know that Steven Adams will drop your ft% a lot since he attempts a good amount.

Edited by blabety
7 minutes ago, blabety said:

lol im in a competitive money league and I'm shocked someone dropped Steven Adams too.

Just know that Steven Adams will drop your ft% a lot since he attempts a good amount.

I drafted Dwight late one year as a trade chip, there was like one possible trade partner who punted FT%, but he was stacked at C, and nobody else wanted any part of him. I must have offered like 25 trades.

At that point I can see a guy like Adams being dropped. Even punting FT% he is only at 122 on the year. Last year he was 80. Fairly replaceable imo. 

• tonycpsu changed the title to Richaun Holmes 2019-2020 Outlook