NBC Sports Edge Forums

Richaun Holmes 2019-2020 Outlook

1 hour ago, Eltoro said:

I drafted Dwight late one year as a trade chip, there was like one possible trade partner who punted FT%, but he was stacked at C, and nobody else wanted any part of him. I must have offered like 25 trades.

At that point I can see a guy like Adams being dropped. Even punting FT% he is only at 122 on the year. Last year he was 80. Fairly replaceable imo. 

Thats what I think, he's not an immediate pick-up at this moment, not sure if I'm going to jump off the Holmes train for him :D 

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

43 minutes ago, davidhammer said:

Thats what I think, he's not an immediate pick-up at this moment, not sure if I'm going to jump off the Holmes train for him :D 

I think his role is more secure than Holmes. But Holmes won't tank your FT%. Adams is probably the better trade chip. Tough call. 

• tonycpsu changed the title to Richaun Holmes 2019-2020 Outlook
6 minutes ago, TeamSmexy said:

He had a great game today, but I'm not sure if he can keep this up. His defensive stats are too amazing to drop lol. I'm wondering if I should drop him for a guy like Paul Millsap or Harrison Barnes.

Honestly it felt like lot of his buckets were from Bogi. I think that happened in the second unit too. Bogi/Beli/Holmes fit very well together imo.  

Not trying to argue against dropping but I do think he'll provide value at least until Bagley returns. 

4 hours ago, Eltoro said:

Honestly it felt like lot of his buckets were from Bogi. I think that happened in the second unit too. Bogi/Beli/Holmes fit very well together imo.  

Not trying to argue against dropping but I do think he'll provide value at least until Bagley returns. 

Agreed; there were quite a few dump-off passes from Bog to get the Holmes train rolling.  Also quite fortunate that he didn't have to deal with Whiteside too often until late; many of those boards he got probably wouldn't have happened if Whiteside were there (like late in the 4th quarter).

Anyone believe that Holmes can co-exist with Bagley in jumbo lineups?  Harry B to SF, Bjelica to the bench? 

I'm confident he'll still keep his value despite Bagley coming back. He might go back to the bench but he would be the Harrell to Dedmon's Zubac. Dedmon does help with spacing, but he still sucks, and lineups with him and Bagley haven't been effective. Not to mention he lacks hustle and energy that a coach like Walton wants.

• Like 1
7 hours ago, kane said:

Holmes + Bagley is awful for spacing

Definitely agreed.  I think Bjelica will probably be the PF/C of choice alongside Bagley, or Harry B.  It's just so much fun to see Holmes run around the court.

3 hours ago, reverb said:

Has anyone successfully flipped Holmes? Who did you end up getting?

Nothing successful yet, but I've been trying to package him to get Mitch Rob.  

10 hours ago, reverb said:

Has anyone successfully flipped Holmes? Who did you end up getting?

Just traded him for Brandon Clarke. I know it’s kind of a wash right now, but hopefully in two months I’ll win the trade. We’ll see if it gets vetoed. 

On 11/13/2019 at 6:51 PM, Supersonics said:

Just traded him for Brandon Clarke. I know it’s kind of a wash right now, but hopefully in two months I’ll win the trade. We’ll see if it gets vetoed. 

Why would it be vetoed?