NBC Sports Edge Forums

Trade Woods/Boyd for Coleman?

4 hours ago, keven said:

Why would you deal for a RB coming off his career day? You are overpaying, chasing last weeks points. 

GL 

I'm too WR heavy. With my RB woes right now I need the help. I'm not chasing points, but I agree it is also bad timing. I really didn't expect both DJ AND Ekeler to be injured in the same time period. But the person I was going to trade to thinks I'm not giving up enough, lol. So I'm done with that. Mixon was waived so I blew my FAAB on him. Hopefully patchwork until my RB situation improves. I now how three players in one of the worst offenses in the NFL though.

QB: Ryan/Darnold

WR: Jones/Kupp/Woods/Tate/Boyd/Gallup/AJG

RB: DJ/Ekeler/MGIII/Walton/Edmonds

4 hours ago, FitzMagic said:

I'm too WR heavy. With my RB woes right now I need the help. I'm not chasing points, but I agree it is also bad timing. I really didn't expect both DJ AND Ekeler to be injured in the same time period. But the person I was going to trade to thinks I'm not giving up enough, lol. So I'm done with that. Mixon was waived so I blew my FAAB on him. Hopefully patchwork until my RB situation improves. I now how three players in one of the worst offenses in the NFL though.

RB: DJ/Ekeler/MGIII/Walton/Edmonds

Tell me the last time Tevin Coleman scored half the points he did last week? Coleman isn't the answer to your RB problems this week. And what is the problem being WR heavy? If it's any kind of PPR I'd rather be WR heavy. If you're in line for a playoff spot, what is wrong with being RB weak? You have 3  RBs to start this week, albeit one on a weak team. The last time I checked players from weak teams, their points count. I'm going to guess you can start 2 RBs and 3 WRs including in flex? You are fine, you need a QB. Darnold in my line up, would worry me more than weak at RB. You have Ekeler and Gordon this week and Julio will be back next week. Don't deal your depth for a RB coming off 4 TDs. I have never been in a league with FAAB, that allows trading. I haven't been around here that long either. But I have been playing FF for many many years, too many. Drop Edmonds  for a little RB depth, his 15 minutes is up. Or AJ for that matter.  If you have any cash left in FAAB. 

• Thanks 1
11 minutes ago, keven said:

Tell me the last time Tevin Coleman scored half the points he did last week? Coleman isn't the answer to your RB problems this week. And what is the problem being WR heavy? If it's any kind of PPR I'd rather be WR heavy. If you're in line for a playoff spot, what is wrong with being RB weak? You have 3  RBs to start this week, albeit one on a weak team. The last time I checked players from weak teams, their points count. I'm going to guess you can start 2 RBs and 3 WRs including in flex? You are fine, you need a QB. Darnold in my line up, would worry me more than weak at RB. You have Ekeler and Gordon this week and Julio will be back next week. Don't deal your depth for a RB coming off 4 TDs. I have never been in a league with FAAB, that allows trading. I haven't been around here that long either. But I have been playing FF for many many years, too many. Drop Edmonds  for a little RB depth, his 15 minutes is up. Or AJ for that matter.  If you have any cash left in FAAB. 

This week I lose, because all of my players are on a bye. That's the major problem. In an ideal situation I am not playing Woods or Boyd. I'd prefer to be rolling only two RBs, but DJ is shelved and who knows with Gordon and Ekeler what's going to happen week to week. Edmonds is gone now, I picked up Mixon. And definitely not dropping AJ. We start two RB, 3WR, 2Flex. Hard to fill that out when everyone is on bye. 😉 Also, Darnold is only my QB because he was the best option. I only picked him up for Miami during Week 9 bye week for Matt Ryan. Matt will be back Week 10.

RB: DJ/Ekeler/MGIII/Walton/Mixon

Bold are on bye.

Edited by FitzMagic
15 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

This week I lose, because all of my players are on a bye. That's the major problem. In an ideal situation I am not playing Woods or Boyd. I'd prefer to be rolling only two RBs, but DJ is shelved and who knows with Gordon and Ekeler what's going to happen week to week. Edmonds is gone now, I picked up Mixon. And definitely not dropping AJ. We start two RB, 3WR, 2Flex. Hard to fill that out when everyone is on bye. 😉 Also, Darnold is only my QB because he was the best option. I only picked him up for Miami during Week 9 bye week for Matt Ryan. Matt will be back Week 10.

You can start 5 WRs! Byes are part of the game, I'm hurting this week and next week. I do know I'll make it. All I concern myself with is making the playoffs. Why are you keeping AJ and not starting Boyd? What exactly does AJ have to come back for? Contract year, he blew that already. Just think if AJ and Gordon were dealt yesterday, oh well. IMO you want to make a deal for the thrill of it. I thought FAAB was put in place so owners had to plan their season around a budget. Allowing trading defeats that purpose. Don't spend your time reading and answering my posts. Get a deal done.

GL 

Edited by keven
2 minutes ago, keven said:

You can start 5 WRs! Byes are part of the game, I'm hurting this week and next week. I do know I make it. All I concern myself with is making the playoffs. Why are you keeping AJ and not starting Boyd? What exactly does AJ have to come back for? Contract year, he blew that already. Just think if AJ and Gordon were dealt yesterday, oh well. IMO you want to make a deal for the thrill of it. I thought FAAB was put in place so owners had to plan their season around a budget. Allowing trading defeats that purpose. Don't spend your time reading and answering my posts. Get a deal done.

GL 

I have two holes I can't fill because my entire roster is on bye. The deal isn't to just make a deal, it is to try and win this week. I'll be 4-5 otherwise and potentially staring at 6th place, while being Top 3 in points scored. Add to the the fact that I am basically conceding this week to the last place team, if I can't get players that are actually playing this week that have potential to score big points. I really have none of that in my lineup this week due to the byes. Like I said though that deal is off the table. What helped me early on was having sold RB play from DJ and Ekeler. My season has gone downhill since Gordon came back and DJ got injured. Pair that with the fact that Woods/Boyd hasn't been producing much in the past few weeks.

I’d roll with it, especially if you need RB help. I don’t see Boyd doing too much with the QB change and Kupp is the only WR to own in LA. With the SF backfield banged up, I like Coleman to take some more work  

Help mine?

• Thanks 1
51 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

I have two holes I can't fill because my entire roster is on bye. The deal isn't to just make a deal, it is to try and win this week. I'll be 4-5 otherwise and potentially staring at 6th place, while being Top 3 in points scored. Add to the the fact that I am basically conceding this week to the last place team, if I can't get players that are actually playing this week that have potential to score big points. I really have none of that in my lineup this week due to the byes. Like I said though that deal is off the table. What helped me early on was having sold RB play from DJ and Ekeler. My season has gone downhill since Gordon came back and DJ got injured. Pair that with the fact that Woods/Boyd hasn't been producing much in the past few weeks.

Like I said I've been playing FF for a long time. There is so much to unpack here. #1 I only play in one fun league, you know, trading adds and drops daily etc. I came to the point where playing H2H football was based too much on LUCK. I have a different problem in one league. I'm 6th in points scored but second in record.The problem there is, PF is the determining factor for the playoffs. The first two weeks are just PF. And the record is determined, the top 6 get wins the bottom six get loses. The next 11 weeks is H2H for record, and PF for the playoffs. There is very small prize for the best record, half of of your entry fee. The playoffs are determined by PF no H2H at all. And it is FAAB twice weekly WED and FRI and no trading. I don't mean to come off as smart a$$. Please don't take anything I say the wrong way, it's all opinion. I get a kick out of this board. I have Ekeler and  Gordon starting this week. Gurley and Julio on bye, But I do have J White and C Thompson. My WRs this week are Edelman Stills and Amandola. I'd love to have Woods or Boyd in my line up.  I played Brissett over Brees last week, we all have problems. 

Like I said GL 

Edited by keven