2019 FAAB Questions and Discussion

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

$28 on Singletary, $20 for Samuels 

It really depends on how much you need Hill, he’s probably just a fill in for the next two weeks and it’s not like Freeman was consistently producing. He could still have value as a spot start and pot

Try dropping the same player for the $4 and $2 bids (since only one will go through anyway), and the second player for the $0 bid (which will only go through if that guy wasn't scooped up in the $2 bi

23 minutes ago, The Frayed Ends of Fantasy said:

Let's talk about Daniel Jones, guys. If you're in a 2QB league, and you only have 2 QBs, how much FAAB are you dropping on Jones? 

I'm not saying I'm going to do it, but I'm just curious.

I would like to think in a "normal 2 QB league", around 10-15% should get him. But really depends on how many QBs are owned in your league and what QBs like Minshew went for last week. Also probably depends on your current QBs whether your willing to spend more/less on him (is Jones only going to get in during bye weeks or does he have a shot at beating out your QB2?)

I'm in 3 12-team superflex leagues and in 2 of them Minshew was picked up for free on waivers (in one low end QBs like Fitzpatrick was available, and the other the 32 starters + Jones and Haskins was rostered). I'm thinking a couple teams probably should have bid at least 6% on him. But in both leagues, nobody was really hurting for a QB.

In the other league though, a couple guys went rogue drafting QBs, so there's a lot of guys without starters. Backups like Jones, Haskins, Rosen, Hoyer, Mullins, and Grier were all drafted. I personally got stuck with only 1 starter, so streamed backups in case of injuries. In this league, Minshew went for 100% FAAB, with 2nd bid being 50%, 3rd 23%, 4th 22%, etc. Going into this week's WW period, there's one guy without a starting QB (Brees, Darnold, Siemian), my QB2 is Luke Falk, and a few guys have QB2s that are unstable (Fitzpatrick, Keenum, Mariota). In this league, I'm sure Bridgewater and Rudolph won't go for cheap.

So again, just go back and look at Minshew's price tag and use that as a base. Maybe go a bit more than Minshew, given that Foles is expected to be back later in the season and Jones has a better shot at sticking around for the rest of the season, but should give you an idea what to bid.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Idoolittle said:

I would like to think in a "normal 2 QB league", around 10-15% should get him. But really depends on how many QBs are owned in your league and what QBs like Minshew went for last week. Also probably depends on your current QBs whether your willing to spend more/less on him (is Jones only going to get in during bye weeks or does he have a shot at beating out your QB2?)

I'm in 3 12-team superflex leagues and in 2 of them Minshew was picked up for free on waivers (in one low end QBs like Fitzpatrick was available, and the other the 32 starters + Jones and Haskins was rostered). I'm thinking a couple teams probably should have bid at least 6% on him. But in both leagues, nobody was really hurting for a QB.

In the other league though, a couple guys went rogue drafting QBs, so there's a lot of guys without starters. Backups like Jones, Haskins, Rosen, Hoyer, Mullins, and Grier were all drafted. I personally got stuck with only 1 starter, so streamed backups in case of injuries. In this league, Minshew went for 100% FAAB, with 2nd bid being 50%, 3rd 23%, 4th 22%, etc. Going into this week's WW period, there's one guy without a starting QB (Brees, Darnold, Siemian), my QB2 is Luke Falk, and a few guys have QB2s that are unstable (Fitzpatrick, Keenum, Mariota). In this league, I'm sure Bridgewater and Rudolph won't go for cheap.

So again, just go back and look at Minshew's price tag and use that as a base. Maybe go a bit more than Minshew, given that Foles is expected to be back later in the season and Jones has a better shot at sticking around for the rest of the season, but should give you an idea what to bid.

In the immortal words of Keanu Reeves, "whoa."

Hey man, I can't thank you enough for taking the time to post such a detailed and informed response. I really appreciate it!

Anyway, you gave me a lot to think about today. Like I said, I'm not sure I'm going to pull the trigger and bid on Jones. But if I do, 10-15% sounds about right, especially for my league. I seriously need to evaluate my own QB situation and why I would possibly need or want Jones.

Thanks again! Cheers!

Melvin Gordon was dropped in my standard league 2rb 2 wr 1 flex.  I have a pending bid of $26 (of 100) for him... not sure if that's too much or too little.  I'm pretty solid at RB right now with Chubb, A Jones, and Henry, but I feel like not putting a bid in would be lazy. How much should I bid? Thanks!

2 hours ago, mccombspac said:

Melvin Gordon was dropped in my standard league 2rb 2 wr 1 flex.  I have a pending bid of $26 (of 100) for him... not sure if that's too much or too little.  I'm pretty solid at RB right now with Chubb, A Jones, and Henry, but I feel like not putting a bid in would be lazy. How much should I bid? Thanks!

I would probably throw 40-50% at him.  Gordon playing late in the season could be the difference you need to win the ship!

• Like 2

12 team PPR. Currently 1-1. Medium $$ league (for me at least).

Starting budget is $100 and I have all $100 available. Need WR and TE

QB: Goff

RB: CmC, Fournette, Kerryon

WR: Kupp, Crowder, AB, DJ Chark, Demaryus Thomas, Randall Cobb

TE: OJ Howard, Jordan Reed

Notable Available:

WR: Demarcus Robinson, Agholor, Devin Smith

RB: Gore

TE: Olsen, Dissley, Witten, Fant

My TE's are not good!

I was thinking of bidding $31 (30%) on Robinson, $11 on Agholor and $12 on Olsen

Thoughts?

Thanks!!

IG

10 minutes ago, Inland_Taipan said:

12 team PPR. Currently 1-1. Medium $$ league (for me at least).

Starting budget is $100 and I have all $100 available. Need WR and TE

QB: Goff

RB: CmC, Fournette, Kerryon

WR: Kupp, Crowder, AB, DJ Chark, Demaryus Thomas, Randall Cobb

TE: OJ Howard, Jordan Reed

Notable Available:

WR: Demarcus Robinson, Agholor, Devin Smith

RB: Gore

TE: Olsen, Dissley, Witten, Fant

My TE's are not good!

I was thinking of bidding $31 (30%) on Robinson, $11 on Agholor and $12 on Olsen

Thoughts?

Thanks!!

IG

I think 30 is too much on Robinson. You'll get him with that bid tho. I feel like he's in the 10-18 range, but all you need is one guy to mess it all up lol. good luck, I put 5 on him and if I get him for that steal, he's gonna play immediately.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Corey In Da House said:

I miss Smeezes FAAB posts.

Disclaimer: Opinions are my own and don’t represent my employer’s opinion of how much work I actually do

I play deep 12 teamers so most actual good players are probably owned.. I’m probably missing guys but they were likely drafted and/or picked up in my leagues

QB

Allen 10% - rushing floor has carried him, nice matchup against Cinci

Cousins 5% - hasn’t been great but has 2 dynamic receivers to give him a high floor in a pinch

Garrapolo 5% - SF offense looks to be getting on track

Minshew 5% - what a legend, the league could catch up with him soon but worth the ride

Mariota 3% - seems to be over his injuries from last season but you never want to trust him

Dalton 1% - last resort starter

Brissett 1% - try and find someone else

Grier 1% - Cam could miss time 

D. Jones 1% - good luck man

Rudolph 1% - you too

Bridgewater 1% - try taking one of the gloves off

T. Hill 0% - gadget plays, Teddy is mediocre

RB

Singletary 50%+ - potential league winner

Mattison 20% - #1 handcuff in the game right now

Penny 20% - Carson has been fumbling, Penny has draft capital going for him

D. Thompson 15% - upside, sounds like DWill and McCoy are okay, but for how long?

R. Mostertb 10% - goal line role in the SF offense?

R. Freeman 10% - getting almost 50/50 split, see what happens

J. Samuel 5% - Conner handcuff, sounds like he’s going to be fine

J. Williams 2% - A. Jones handcuff

I. Smith 1% - D. Freeman handcuff

C. Edmonds 1% - DJ handcuff, DJ wrist scare

Ty Johnson 0% - If Kerryon goes down, could get a lot of PPR work

B. Hill 0% - might be better than Ito if D. Freeman goes down

WR

Hollywood 50%+ - go get him.. baller

Metcalf 30% - looks like true #1 type

D. Robinson 20% - Patty’s fav WR in his rookie year, go get him

M. Hardman 15% - get a piece of the chiefs while you can

McLaurin 15% - #1 receiver on his crappy team

Chark 10% - looks like best WR on JAX

Ross 10% - questionable hands, not a fan personally

J.  Washington 10% - Rudolph’s guy, breakout on the horizon?

D. Samuel 10% - if you’re hurting at WR, go get him, could be SF’s #1

there’s a bunch of other guys at 0-5%, throw a couple bucks at them if you need to, hopefully you never have to start them, I can’t predict blown coverages

TE

Graham 5% - Denver has sucked against TEs last few years

Witten 3% - could pull a rabbit out of his head against Miami

DST

San Francisco 3% - DL looks strong, could force Rudolph into mistakes

Seattle 2% - Teddy looks super indecisive and has a very mediocre arm

Tampa 1% - Daniel Jones could piss on his shoes in his debut

Edited by smeeze
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

In my 10 team, 2QB league with $200 FAAB, the Mason Rudolph bidding was the craziest in our league's history:

Winning Bid $118 
$111 Lost 
$82 Lost 
$82 Lost 
$75 Lost 
$52 Lost 
$41 Lost 
$37 Lost 
$34 Lost

Rudolph was the first player to ever receive a bid of triple digits since we instituted FAAB three seasons ago. And he ends up with TWO triple-digit bids!
Edited by Corleone
  • Like 2
5 minutes ago, Bingo Bandanas said:

Wow, that was quite the bidding war Corleone.

It really was! I was shocked when I saw the results this morning! As an added note, it wasn't the Ben or Brees owner who ended up getting Rudolph, as they both missed out (they were the $82 bids). In a 2QB league, QB's are gold and this bidding showed the extreme end of that!

Edited by Corleone

I am in a ppr keeper/dynasty league and pickings are very slim on the ww and I have 2nd pick this week and will prob have my choice between d robinson and cobb. I know robinson went off this past week, but cobb is playing next few weeks without gallup. Who do you all like better as a pickup to maybe use as my flex in my ppr league?

3 minutes ago, dmb3535 said:

I am in a ppr keeper/dynasty league and pickings are very slim on the ww and I have 2nd pick this week and will prob have my choice between d robinson and cobb. I know robinson went off this past week, but cobb is playing next few weeks without gallup. Who do you all like better as a pickup to maybe use as my flex in my ppr league?

Robinson 

Notable ones in my 12 team league, somebody bid $47 out of a $200 for D. Robinson (next closest bid was $5).  My $17 bid for J. Allen didn't get him ($20 did).  The best is a manager bid $40 for Jimmy G. and next closest bid was $0.  Agholor went for $11 (next closest was $5).  Frank Gore went for $15 with no other bids.  I got James Washington for $2. 

Edited by UFGator
  • tonycpsu changed the title to 2019 FAAB Questions and Discussion
  • tonycpsu pinned this topic
  • tonycpsu unpinned this topic