NBC Sports Edge Forums

Myles Gaskin 2019 Outlook

2 hours ago, CraftyRighty said:

Based on preseason and press I think Laird is "the guy"

Watch how a 0% owned guy goes to 50-60% in a matter of 3 days next week.....

We simply don't know until this weekend. Laird is a staple STs guy and hasn't played offense. I think both guys are pretty interesting. Ballage is simply awful and was not drafted by this regime. Gaskin had some pretty intriguing college tape and he was drafted by this FO/staff, Laird impressed in camp/preseason and has some really solid receiving traits that could be useful in the passing attack given the Preston injury.

• 4 weeks later...

Only reason I know of him was because he beat out Dwayne Washington as a freshman IIRC.  I wondered what happened to him as he seemed like a productive guy in college.  Could have been a product of being on a good offensive team and a crappy defensive conference.  I didn't watch him much.  Most of what I am saying is pure speculation.  Dolphins should have gotten him more run before now.  Ballage has been a joke all year.

1 hour ago, Sternes said:

Only reason I know of him was because he beat out Dwayne Washington as a freshman IIRC.  I wondered what happened to him as he seemed like a productive guy in college.  Could have been a product of being on a good offensive team and a crappy defensive conference.  I didn't watch him much.  Most of what I am saying is pure speculation.  Dolphins should have gotten him more run before now.  Ballage has been a joke all year.

He went 14/98/2 vs Penn State and 24/121/2 vs Ohio State his final two bowl games, so not like he never performed vs non Pac-12 teams. I'd chalk his lack of run so far more to the incompetence of Miami than anything.

• Like 3
9 hours ago, vercrazy said:

He went 14/98/2 vs Penn State and 24/121/2 vs Ohio State his final two bowl games, so not like he never performed vs non Pac-12 teams. I'd chalk his lack of run so far more to the incompetence of Miami than anything.

Overall, the Pac is weak. Looking at his offensive numbers for his college career, youd think he would be drafted much higher.  Guy was barely even drafted.  Miami may be incompetent for not letting him run this year, but teams passed on drafting him over and over again. For a successful college player at a FBS school I find that surprising.

9 hours ago, Nguvocity said:

People are taking this guy over Patrick Laird? 

I placed miniscule bids on both of them(slightly higher for Laird) and ended up with Gaskin. Really just to see what unfolds this week on the off chance one of them shows out. My RB2 slot is not particularly strong yet I still can't imagine either one of these guys being my choice for weeks 15-16 but I finish so many of my posts here with, you never know...

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, CooL said:

I guess for the desperate and those in large leagues, sure.  But this is still a committee for the Dolphins, right?  I'd hate to have to roll out Myles Gaskin in the ship.

Yeah no way... I lost cause I rolled laird out last week... but for keeper leagues may be a little smoke to end the season