NBC Sports Edge Forums

10/30 - GAME THREAD - GAME 7

39 minutes ago, MSkibisky said:

Greinke, but Cole is available. I'm expecting them to use Greinke for as long as he controls the game and for the Stros to put in Cole if they get nervous.

im thinking it will be greinke, mid reliever if he gets a few runners on base(maybe harris because hes their best it seems.  then they will go to Cole for 2-4 innings

Nats are not even threatening at the plate.  Scherzer battled pretty well but never looked good. They should have pulled him in the 4th because he really labored.  Lucky to only be down 0-2. 

Ump is pretty friendly on calling strikes for Grienke.

Edited by Sternes
  • Like 1
2 minutes ago, MrPositive said:

Still cannot believe they brought in a middle reliever who pitches in somewhat low leverage situations into the biggest moment in baseball......all with their closer and Cole available. I just don't understand managing in the playoffs I guess.

He just wanted to one up the Nats for keeping Scherzer in so long. 

Oooooh steal!  Nats suddenly lively!

I mean if it's after the 6th and I have the lead, I'm losing with Gerrit Cole on the mound, like the Dbacks did with Randy Johnson. They'd have to drag me out of the stadium to not have Cole on the mound there...shrug

Edited by MrPositive
  • Like 1

The Brewers had them right where they wanted them with Hader on the mound with the lead. The Dodgers had them right where they wanted them with Kershaw on the mound with the lead. The Astros had all the momentum heading back to Houston up 3-2

I've never seen a team with this many clutch hitters on their squad. 

• Like 3

can I seriously get a job with Rotoworld?

Max Scherzer allowed two runs over five innings in a Game 7 loss to the Astros on Wednesday.

Scherzer was able to pitch in this game three days after he was scratched from Game 5 of the World Series with neck spasms, and that alone is impressive. While he did allow just the two runs, he was fortunate in that regard, as he allowed seven hits and four walks, and he was consistently in trouble with runners on. Give Scherzer credit for battling through, and Washington was able to breakthrough against Zack Greinke and the Houston bullpen late. The 35-year-old battled injuries this year, but he'll be back at the top of the Nationals' rotation, and Scherzer should still be an excellent fantasy option in 2020; even if the innings may be limited in comparison from what we saw in previous seasons.

• Haha 2

Congratulations Nationals. I didnt give them any shot of winning before the series began and when they were down 2-3 heading back to Houston. You can never predict baseball. Every possible game this series was won by the away team. Home team advantage doesn't exist in baseball.

Congrats to the Nats.  The way things kept happening that shouldn't happen as they kept rallying back throughout the playoffs is when you know you are watching a "destiny" team.  And those teams can't be stopped.  Astros had their moment 2 years ago.  They will be back in the playoffs for years to come.  But it was the Nats turn this year because destiny said so.

1 hour ago, MrPositive said:

I mean if it's after the 6th and I have the lead, I'm losing with Gerrit Cole on the mound, like the Dbacks did with Randy Johnson. They'd have to drag me out of the stadium to not have Cole on the mound there...shrug

This, couldn't agree more...Make them beat your best!