NBC Sports Edge Forums

Malik Beasley 2019-2020 Outlook

6 hours ago, Trench Mob said:

So this is how it feels to get a free Bradley Beal. I like it. Nice doing business league mates.

A free Bradley Beal? I'm as excited as you are since I snatched him in both my leagues, but let's pump the brakes until we get some data on how he does with D-Lo playing. 

• Like 1
  • Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

From maybe not as good as Shabazz Napier to as good as Bradley Beal. The hype train has left the station!

Fascinating, thanks for sharing guys.

rest up KAT you big blouse, it's Malik's team now

It is weird that he scored 20 of his 23 points in the first half.

With the wolves making 26 three pointers, it will be interesting to see what the rotations will be. Even Naz Reid was hitting threes last night. James Johnson looked like a super star at times.

Looks like Beasley will start even when Russell comes back.

I think it will be after the ASB break before the rotations get set and Saunders gets it figured out. 

The wolves have so many new players. I'm not sure what to make of what I saw last night. 

It was fun to watch the Clippers get whooped.  7 Wolves scored in double figures.  And 7 played more than 20 minutes. 

Beasley is probably going to get at least 25 minutes night even when DLO comes back.  Beyond KAT and DLO, who knows what the Wolves lineup will look like game to game.

Edited by rabaak
6 hours ago, Dominator83 said:

A free Bradley Beal? I'm as excited as you are since I snatched him in both my leagues, but let's pump the brakes until we get some data on how he does with D-Lo playing. 

He’ll be serviceable for sure. Kat hasnt been ironman, and DLo has been in and out the whole season (or dubs tanking?). Could be huge cone late march if they’re still a bottom 5 team.  when one of those misses games then Beasley will be a beast, a longer leash, thats if Wolves see him being part of their future. 

1 hour ago, rabaak said:

With the wolves making 26 three pointers, it will be interesting to see what the rotations will be. Even Naz Reid was hitting threes last night. James Johnson looked like a super star at times.

I think it will be after the ASB break before the rotations get set and Saunders gets it figured out. 

The wolves have so many new players. I'm not sure what to make of what I saw last night. 

It was fun to watch the Clippers get whooped.  7 Wolves scored in double figures.  And 7 played more than 20 minutes. 

Beasley is probably going to get at least 25 minutes night even when DLO comes back.  Beyond KAT and DLO, who knows what the Wolves lineup will look like game to game.

Nope. The lineup is pretty much set.

C - Towns

PF - Juancho

SF - Okogie

SG - Beasley

PG - D'Lo

3 hours ago, rabaak said:

In the 2nd half he was pretty invisible. All he did every play was stand in the corner and barely touched the ball. They put Kawhi on him though.

3 hours ago, rabaak said:

I think Beasley is a lock for 30mpg+. 

Culver and Okogie cannot shoot. The system is built for shooting. 

Beasley won't get to jack as many attempts as he did last night, but he is going to be a big part of their offense going forward. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Trench Mob said:

Nope. The lineup is pretty much set.

C - Towns

PF - Juancho

SF - Okogie

SG - Beasley

PG - D'Lo

I think James Johnson may time share with Juancho at the four. They need more plus defenders and he's the best candidate.

Beasley will start at SG and play starter minutes for sure going forward. The team has been scouting this guy since before he was drafted. They got the player they want for the position.

This is a multi-year process. Saunders has wanted to play up-tempo, with fast 3p shots, since he became the coach. His personnel was holding the tempo back, so they went out and changed it. 

What I admired about Malik last night was the quick release. He can pull from 3 in transition, and also take the shot behind a quick screen. He doesn't need to just stand in a spot to get a clean shot off (like a PJ Tucker or RoCo). Guy was doing it with even as little as a few inches of space. I also like that he was able to step in and take the mid range 2-point shot with great form in traffic. That's what he will need to do just to keep defenses honest, when defenders start rushing him off the 3-point line.

Yes, he cooled off in the 2nd half. But that was because the Clippers adjusted after halftime. Think about that for a second. The league's best defensive wing players found a way to slow down Malik Beasley. Just being in that sentence is a win for Beasley. 

(Nice reference article from the great beat reporters at the Star-Tribune here: http://www.startribune.com/beasley-hernangomez-could-play-big-roles-for-wolves-too/567669082/)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3
2 minutes ago, hornrimmed_rambis said:

Yes, he cooled off in the 2nd half. But that was because the Clippers adjusted after halftime. Think about that for a second. The league's best defensive wing players found a way to slow down Malik Beasley. Just being in that sentence is a win for Beasley. 

Well said. Last year playoff Giannis would agree 100%

Someone made a prime Wes Matthew comparison and I think that's a pretty good example of what to expect. 

2014-15 Wes was a 16/4/2 guy with 3 3pt/g, 1.3 steals/g with 45% shooting.  I think Beasley could easily average that if he's going to get 30+ minutes, especially if his mins are staggered with DLo.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, brickcitymamba said:

With DLoading also playing, do my fellow rotory club members dare to play him? Or is it wiser to bench for now and try gauge the situation first?

No way you bench this stud. Safe deploy.

• Like 2
Just now, StephonMarburysVaseline said:

Is he just a spot up shooter? Can he create his own shot?

Honestly he's a 3 level player but he needs the rock.  I'd love for him to be 6th man and rule the 2nd stringers. With D'lo in the fray, he might defer. But I'm super high on his upside, they are still tinkering with lineups 

• Like 1

Missed a couple of gimme's at the rim. Should be good for at least 16 ppg and 2 threes. This new Wolves team is pretty exciting and they should get better as they get more comfortable with each other. Beasley, Juancho and Beasley are ideal fits with the system they want to run. 

Pretty inefficient 31 minutes.  Too many turnovers driving to the basket against double teams. Not a great shooting night. 5/12 fg and 2/6 from 3 pt land.

I'm not sure if it is by design, but doesn't seen to move much on the offensive end when he doesn't have the ball. 

Hopefully he and DLO mesh better on Wed.