Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Dansby Swanson 2020 Outlook


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I know I know. SS is super deep. That being said, there's a lot to like here and he could be a very late SS or MI option for people in drafts this year.   "Dansby Swanson (17 HR; 2

Yes. Another satisfied customer.

11 hours ago, brockpapersizer said:

Going to get in all these victory laps when I can.

 

 

 

 

Can I join you on your victory lap? Cause you and all the data you had been presenting on Swanson are the reasons I went out and got him preemptively, just ahead of his apparent break out. Thanks!!

Edited by Chest-Rockwell
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Chest-Rockwell said:

Can I join you on your victory lap? Cause you and all the data you had been presenting on Swanson are the reasons I went out and got him preemptively, just ahead of his apparent break out. Thanks!!

 

Yes. Another satisfied customer.

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, KingJoffrey said:

I hope they let him keep the 2 hole but probably not once Albies comes back

 

Yep, the Braves moved Dansby back down to the 6 hole today with Albies.  Clearly batting only .387 isn't good enough for a #2 hitter and clearly scoring only 11 runs last night with Dansby in the 2 hole wasn't good enough.

Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, FootballFan101 said:

 

Yep, the Braves moved Dansby back down to the 6 hole today with Albies.  Clearly batting only .387 isn't good enough for a #2 hitter and clearly scoring only 11 runs last night with Dansby in the 2 hole wasn't good enough.

I mean, I get it. Albies has a higher (but not great) obp for his career. So not pulling the trigger right this second isn’t egregious. If Dansby is indeed breaking out and can up his avg and keep his walk rate and he is still kept in the bottom third, then maybe it’s time to complain. 
 

Managers don’t really think that way. If you haven’t before, go read the Fire Joe Morgan blog. Some great old instances of managers batting guys lead off or second who have like .300 obp’s because of their veteran grittiness. 

Edited by mcbane
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/1/2020 at 1:37 PM, mcbane said:

I mean, I get it. Albies has a higher (but not great) obp for his career. So not pulling the trigger right this second isn’t egregious. If Dansby is indeed breaking out and can up his avg and keep his walk rate and he is still kept in the bottom third, then maybe it’s time to complain. 
 

Managers don’t really think that way. If you haven’t before, go read the Fire Joe Morgan blog. Some great old instances of managers batting guys lead off or second who have like .300 obp’s because of their veteran grittiness. 

 

You make a good point but I try not to worry about things you can't control. If you believe in Swanson's breakout then he'll eventually get a better place in the lineup if he's better than other hitters. I like Swanson a lot but his slashline will come down a bunch.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Great start but I always check the plate discipline with these hot starts and that 14/1 K/BB is staring me in the face. I love his swing but pitchers will soon try and exploit him out of the zone and hopefully he can adjust and take a few free passes. If he does he can have a great year though, and the steals are added gravy. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, brockpapersizer said:

 

You make a good point but I try not to worry about things you can't control. If you believe in Swanson's breakout then he'll eventually get a better place in the lineup if he's better than other hitters. I like Swanson a lot but his slashline will come down a bunch.

Absolutely. I completely agree. I’m not worried at all about his spot, if he hits he’ll get moved up. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, swfcdan said:

Great start but I always check the plate discipline with these hot starts and that 14/1 K/BB is staring me in the face. I love his swing but pitchers will soon try and exploit him out of the zone and hopefully he can adjust and take a few free passes. If he does he can have a great year though, and the steals are added gravy. 

That discipline definitely shown tonight. Of course the day after I pick him up. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, KingJoffrey said:

Any thoughts on him? He’s batting lead off on a good team but really not much else, power or speed.

Average player on a good team. He should accumulate some counting stats, but I wouldn't rely on him for anything. I still think he should be rostered in larger leagues, but that's about it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

Dansby is proving that he is more than just a "larger leagues only" guy.

His current numbers extrapolated for a full season would be .319/.352, 145 runs, 20 HR, 90 RBIs, 15 steals. He is 4th in the MLB in runs scored. Currently the 4th ranked SS overall. K to BB ratio of 35:4 is atrocious and clearly his BABIP is lifting up that OBP a bit, but this is not just an IL fill-in. Considering where he was drafted in both redraft/dynasty, he's been a gem. Age 26, smack in the middle of a great lineup, he is criminally underrated. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...